Thanks

Windows 8 Consumer Preview and Crossfire

Hi Guys,
    I recently installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview and wanted to know if Crossfire works on Windows 8.
    If any of you are currently running Crossfire with Windows 8, how is the gameplay? Are there any issues?

Thanks

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Crossfire doesnīt work on Windows 8 consumer preview.
    Xtrap gives OS error.
    And you arenīt really smart on installing an beta version of an OS on your PC, if you are lucky it wonīt give a fatal error till 01/02/2013 ( When the beta ends).
    Personally i tested on a virtual machine and i got tons of Blue screens of death.
    I recomend you to reinstall Windows 7, since almost of the games developed so far donīt work for windows 8.

Ps: santa, can i have the list of the naughty girls?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GuzzaRRa For This Useful Post:

imcol1223 (03-09-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GuzzaRRa View Post
    Xtrap gives OS error.
    And you arenīt really smart on installing an beta version of an OS on your PC, if you are lucky it wonīt give a fatal error till 01/02/2013 ( When the beta ends).
    Personally i tested on a virtual machine and i got tons of Blue screens of death.
    I recomend you to reinstall Windows 7, since almost of the games developed so far donīt work for windows 8.
    Thank you for your answer!
    And yes Windows 8 did cause some major issues on my laptop and just today I had reinstalled a clean install of Windows 7!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    crossfire is not yet updated for supporting win8 yet. You need to wait...
    for now, yes use something else.
    Want to get giftcards, electronics, and much more ..for FREE?

P2S is the way to go. It offers countless amount of items at cheap rates. It has everything from giftcards to paypal money.

To get started...

Go to any web-browsing software, and type in "https://w w w. p o i n t s 2 s h o p . c o m ? r e f =uin1392610755" without the quotes and spaces. Hit Enter. Register and verify your account by going into your e-mail.

At the top, go to "Profile" and Edit your account info and demographics (You will get pts for this). Then, go to Earn Points, and click on any offer you'd like and do those. You will get points. Once you have enough points, scroll over to "Spend Points" at the top and click on whatever category you would like, then buy the item.

Have fun!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    use something else.

Thanks

Works for me

Quote Originally Posted by GuzzaRRa View Post
    Xtrap gives OS error.
    I got a EVGA Ultra 790i Ultra, SLid with GTX 460s, Q6600, and 16gb of kingston with 2 raptors in Raid 0.... No blue screens for me, no issues on install.. although Folding@Home Gpu isn't currently working with it, every thing else has. Also have it installed on Z68X-UD3H-B3, I7-2600k, 470s SLId, 16GB Ripjaws, Samsung SSD and 4 TB raid... also working just fine. Sony Vaio VP-CEE41FX with Athlon Triple Core, ATI 4250, 8 Gigs Kingston. All using stock drivers except the Vaio which is using regular 4250M drivers instead of crap Vaio drivers... All have been running since release just fine for the test for me so far, however, I have no data thats not on permanent storage so if it crashes, I lose nothing. No games have crashed with me yet. Got a new TV this week E3D320VX .. Nvidia 3d Vision and Tridef both work just fine with the exception of Tridef crashing with Mass Effect 3, but that could be natural as I haven't tried it before getting the TV. Just some FYI for all those that seem to have incompatible hardware, I have yet to BSOD any of them.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Yes, I realize I posted SLI info in the Crossfire thread, however its just an example of the different worlds of compatibility we are experiencing.

Thanks
    go back to oldschool and use XP :P

Successfully trades: - ivangaspar (without MM)
    - -Bubbles- (wihout MM)
    - NoShameAlts (without MM)
    - TeamViewerUser (without MM)

Scammed: 0 times

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosGG View Post
    go back to oldschool and use XP :P
    lol naa, windows 7 is cooler!