Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperShooter View Post
    Just one question, if you have 9999999999999 Thanks then what ?

mpgh should think of something to boost coders to release their hacks to keep this forum grow because for me "Thanks" is not a real profit.
    Then u go celebrate , and relesase another new hacks.

Thanks
    True that..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    To be honest, it seems like a pity party to me. Most of the stuff that gets released here is not even original content, but remade bases/Hex edited stuff. To those that do release personal content, regularly. Receive contributor. (Hint, its a reward.)

However if your only reason for breathing, contributing is for people to click thanks on some file, then you have issues. If you wish to stop posting 'your' hacks that is up to you, but holding them hostage with the whole "Thank me & Rep me or I won't post" shit is just sad. Thanks are meaningless. People hand them out for any simple reason. Nothing special.

As far as leeching, come on, this can't be new to you. EVERY SINGLE SITE leeches content. No matter what the content is, it spreads. Get over it.

Wanting to force people to "Thank" you, completely undermines the whole point.

Click Here to Become a MPGH Premium Member by Donating $25 or More.

If anyone claims to be me via MSN/Skype/Email or any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
    I
    do not do requests via PM. Post in the appropriate section.

Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Liz For This Useful Post:

ExoTeRn (06-18-2012),Fly3r (06-19-2012),[MPGH]Royce (06-19-2012),tonydaw (06-19-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    @arunforce

Your opinion is totally true. But analysis in this way. I posted a hack, which generated the following error: cold not find library, hundreds of people said they could not use my program, because of this error. I managed to fix the error. Over time other error came about: Could not load API, users of XP could not use my hacks. So, I turned upside down the Google to try to solve it, were hours and hours of research, until the Master131 managed to find a solution. In my case I seek to solve everyone's problems, are more than 40 releases, always trying to please everyone.

@Liz

I do not know, the problem is that not everyone thinks this way. Everyone complains about this situation, and people end up quitting to contribute to site, the only way I found to keep the BR section online, was encourage some people to become contributor; I got 4, but still 1 guy has given up. It seems a nonsense? Yes. But some people think that it is the only way to be compensated is the thanks!

• Contributor: October, 31th 2011
    • CA BR Minion: January, 03th 2012
    • CF AL Minion: April, 07th 2012
    • CA Minion: April, 15th 2012
    • CF Minion: July, 03th 2012
    • PB Minion: January, 25th 2013
    • AVA Minion : February, 02th 2013
    • Arctic Combat minion: April, 03th 2013
    • Warface Minion: April, 03th 2013

• Minion + : July 08th 2012
    • Moderator : January 21th 2013
    • Global Moderator : August 1st 2013

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BACKD00R View Post
    @arunforce

Your opinion is totally true. But analysis in this way. I posted a hack, which generated the following error: cold not find library, hundreds of people said they could not use my program, because of this error. I managed to fix the error. Over time other error came about: Could not load API, users of XP could not use my hacks. So, I turned upside down the Google to try to solve it, were hours and hours of research, until the Master131 managed to find a solution. In my case I seek to solve everyone's problems, are more than 40 releases, always trying to please everyone.

@Liz

I do not know, the problem is that not everyone thinks this way. Everyone complains about this situation, and people end up quitting to contribute to site, the only way I found to keep the BR section online, was encourage some people to become contributor; I got 4, but still 1 guy has given up. It seems a nonsense? Yes. But some people think that it is the only way to be compensated is the thanks!
    Why aren't you contributeforce yet you're the only active coder in CF section..
    @Liz totally agreed with you
    successful trades 3

-Vanquisher x1 ( trades is colonel)
    -Majestic x3 ( Bought my 3 accounts)
    -kennyltam x1 (bought my account of $60 UGC awesome guy)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Exsilium View Post
    I think if someone has taken time out of there own life to release a hack, if you like it or not. If you download it you should at least say thank you, or why else would you download it? navigating back to thread ? (Download with Thanks) its there no navigating adds thanks straight away and program downloads
    Because, not all hacks work for everyone, or some might not work at all, etc. Thanking without being thankful just devalues the idea of thanking someone, IMO.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    To be honest, it seems like a pity party to me. Most of the stuff that gets released here is not even original content, but remade bases/Hex edited stuff. To those that do release personal content, regularly. Receive contributor. (Hint, its a reward.)

However if your only reason for breathing, contributing is for people to click thanks on some file, then you have issues. If you wish to stop posting 'your' hacks that is up to you, but holding them hostage with the whole "Thank me & Rep me or I won't post" shit is just sad. Thanks are meaningless. People hand them out for any simple reason. Nothing special.

As far as leeching, come on, this can't be new to you. EVERY SINGLE SITE leeches content. No matter what the content is, it spreads. Get over it.

I don't think it has to do with that, I think people want to feel recognized for their hard work, not used. While I don't necessarily agree with developers wanting more thanks for releasing hacks, I do believe they deserve some recognition if anything. Expecting thanks is akin to me expecting to have people thumbs up my game after playing it. It's a consumption world, and unless they break past the leecher mindset and interact with the community, then they won't ever thank you. The only thing auto thanking a download will do is devalue the idea of thanks.

I think people should earn "awards" for releasing their own hack, like Hack of the Week, or Hack of the Month. Perhaps we can look into it when vB4 goes live. A little competition between developers never hurt no one.

v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arunforce For This Useful Post:

Bernard. (06-18-2012),Fly3r (06-19-2012),HyperShooter (06-18-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

I accept some of your opinion, but i have never released a hack that has already been done all my work is done by myself. I don't live for Thanks, i believe it would be nice for people to show appreciation for the work people put into the hacks. Yes it is true that ever site has lecher, but the honest truth is most of them attempt to stop the problem, not just brush it aside and saying nothing can be done. I believe i have contributed enough to this site, so say "Most of the stuff that gets released here is not even original content, but remade bases/Hex edited stuff. To those that do release personal content, regularly. Receive contributor. (Hint, its a reward.)" & if we wish to stop posting hack that's up to you. "Fine i quit, i won't release anymore here".

Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post

I don't think it has to do with that, I think people want to feel recognized for their hard work, not used. While I don't necessarily agree with developers wanting more thanks for releasing hacks, I do believe they deserve some recognition if anything. Expecting thanks is akin to me expecting to have people thumbs up my game after playing it. It's a consumption world, and unless they break past the leecher mindset and interact with the community, then they won't ever thank you. The only thing auto thanking a download will do is devalue the idea of thanks.

I think people should earn "awards" for releasing their own hack, like Hack of the Week, or Hack of the Month. Perhaps we can look into it when vB4 goes live. A little competition between developers never hurt no one.
    I agree with this, i never made this thread to say Give me thanks and everyone that release's hacks. It was to help address the problem that so many hack makers are leaving because they get no recognition for the hard work they do, Awards system on MPGH seems very one sided with donator/staff winning all the time "I'm not saying the don't deserve the award" im just saying there should be some new award types added as you suggested.
    Last edited by Exsilium; 06-18-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post

Because, not all hacks work for everyone, or some might not work at all, etc. Thanking without being thankful just devalues the idea of thanking someone, IMO.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Not a bad idea, if there can be validation that it's their own work, and some follow-through, could turn out quite well.

I was just going by his main post, that the reason they left is because of leechers and not getting enough thanks.

Click Here to Become a MPGH Premium Member by Donating $25 or More.

If anyone claims to be me via MSN/Skype/Email or any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
    I
    do not do requests via PM. Post in the appropriate section.

Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    I think that this way, was the better that was released. I think that would solve the problems!
    @arunforce

Last edited by BACKD00R; 06-18-2012 at 10:15 PM.

• Contributor: October, 31th 2011
    • CA BR Minion: January, 03th 2012
    • CF AL Minion: April, 07th 2012
    • CA Minion: April, 15th 2012
    • CF Minion: July, 03th 2012
    • PB Minion: January, 25th 2013
    • AVA Minion : February, 02th 2013
    • Arctic Combat minion: April, 03th 2013
    • Warface Minion: April, 03th 2013

• Minion + : July 08th 2012
    • Moderator : January 21th 2013
    • Global Moderator : August 1st 2013

Thanks
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    I think that this way, was the better that was released. I think that would solve the problems!
    @arunforce

I agree.
    Then people are more likely to press just the filename (thanks) rather then (without thanks)
    former Rez modding NL
    My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

yoyu333 Mahalkosiheart louisdemon1 jarkajarka

~

~
    ~
    ~

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Yes, This is one of the reasons..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rez modding NL View Post

I agree.
    Then people are more likely to press just the filename (thanks) rather then (without thanks)
    Yes, ^agree, coz people click the first link, that was the system b4 our new (Download nad thanks) system, it lasted for a week, all go 1000thanks/1500downloads atleast

Original post:
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/232-crossf...ml#post6174054

So i wanna remember it and made a jpeg with mspaint and previewed here

^^ Anyone who can SE stuff to India, add me ^^
    Member Since 11.10.2011

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    I agree With Exsillium. And i think the Only Way to fix it To Just Put the Download and Thanks button and remove The "Non Thank one " or Am i wrong?

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Exsilium View Post
    I could teach you how to make simple .Rez hacks in 5-10 minutes for c++ i haven't got a few months spare to show you
    Can You Teach me Too How to do Rez File with Vb?

Like if you liked the song

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    This subject has been discussed in various sections, but it is hard to find a good solution. I believe the Staff should take a decision on this subject. I've lost more than 5 coders in section BR, who stoped to contribute by this fact. Section CF is immense, and for nearly two months, I and 3 persons keep it online!
    @Dave84311 @arunforce @Liz
    I always thank you even when I dont use the hack, but theres some noobs that dont even care about the forum they just want hacks and they r ignorant on how to thank or how this forum works..

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

SMART, rly rlyyyyy smart
    Leaders aren't born, they are made.

I own you BIATCH!!

Mamothh

Thanks
    some people download it more than once and alot of bots download the hacks

You cant always expect 1k thanks every time you make a hack

Contact me via
    | |

Nig Boi since - 12.15.96
    MPGH Member Since - 12.28.08
    MPGH Cocksucker Since - 05.17.12
    MPGH Wiki Manager Since - 11.16.12
    ROTMG Minion Since -10.22.13
    PB Minion Since - 12.12.13

R.I.P Royce Since - 1.13.14
    The Return (ROTMG) since 03.23.15
    GTA Minion since 04.22.15

R.I.P Royce again since 06.28.15
    The Return again(Steam) since 02.28.17
    CrossFire Minion Since -09.20.17
    Fornite Minion Since - 10.10.17

"well ain't dat sum shit. Sucks for you, but you did well professionally, and nobody can ever say you would be shit at any future positions. But you just gotta know when to not fuck up, or just go the silent mod route like tommi, or ravallo, or nico." - Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminarly View Post
    Did you refresh the thread and see my comment? No way you replied that quickly

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast