i'll be a retard and quote a dictionary too.
Originally Posted by GameHaXx
hack 1 (hk)
v. hacked, hack·ing, hacks
1. To cut or chop with repeated and irregular blows: hacked down the saplings.
2. To break up the surface of (soil).
a. Informal To alter (a computer program): hacked her text editor to read HTML.
b. To gain access to (a computer file or network) illegally or without authorization: hacked the firm's personnel database.
4. Slang To cut or mutilate as if by hacking: hacked millions off the budget.
5. Slang To cope with successfully; manage: couldn't hack a second job.
1. To chop or cut something by hacking.
a. To write or refine computer programs skillfully.
b. To use one's skill in computer programming to gain illegal or unauthorized access to a file or network: hacked into the company's intranet.
3. To cough roughly or harshly.
1. A rough, irregular cut made by hacking.
2. A tool, such as a hoe, used for hacking.
3. A blow made by hacking.
4. A rough, dry cough.