Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

GKNOVA 6(Related to COD:BO)

This is wierd since i found GKNOVA 6 :/

GKNOVA6 is a viral website functioning as a promoter for the upcoming video game, Call of Duty: Black Ops. The flash site consists of an old television with five vertical lights (for each "channel") and as of May 23, 2010, six are active. The site contains many references to the Cold War and nuclear weapons such as a photograph of John F. Kennedy delivering a speech about the Cuban Missile Crisis.

In early April, an unmarked USB storage device has been sent to several video game sites such as IGN[2] and Kotaku[3]. It contained a text file[4] with the following words:

Cryptography
    Isotope
    Philanthropy
    Hydrogen
    Ember
    Rebirth

The acronym of these words forms "CIPHER".

It also contained an audio file[5] in which a man says: "What we wish, we readily believe, and what we ourselves think, we imagine others think also." This is followed by a woman saying:

Code:
    M O D [sound of 3 chimes] Z Z Z J N Q R Y D 3 F R P
    The quote is from Julius Caesar. These suggest to use the Caesar cipher which consists in shifting each letter to Nth position after the original (N is fixed for each text) to encrypt it. In this case, the 3 sounds indicate that it has been shifted 3 times to encrypt it, so the letters must be shifted back 3 times in order to decrypt the code:

Code:
    W W W G K N O V A 6 C O M
    This code has been first decrypted by video game blog Joystiq

Solution:

1st Transmission:
    The male voice says: "Men have sought to make a world from their own conception and to draw from their own minds all the material which they employed." It is a quote from Francis Bacon followed by a female voice saying:

Code:
    M O D [sound of 2 chimes]
    Then both voices spell the letters "N O V A S I X" repeatedly (some letters are spelled by the man, and others by the woman but the scheme is irregular). "Hell is Purple" can eventually be heard.

Bacon's quote indicates that it has been encrypted using the Baconian cipher. Since this cipher is too complicated to be decrypted manually, "Hell is Purple" suggests to use the Internet site, Purple Hell featuring a tool for encrypting/decrypting Baconian ciphers. The cipher consists in replacing each letter of a plaintext by a group of five of the letters A or B. It must be considered that each letter spelled by the woman is A and each letter spelled by the man is B during the "N O V A S I X" scheme. There are two versions of the Baconian cipher: the two sounds after the M O D indicate to use the second version of Purple Hell's converter.

Ciphertext: AAAAAABBBBBAAABABAAAABABBBABBAAABAAAABAAABABABAABB BABBAABBBA
    Plaintext: APRIL WEEK TWO

It points out that the site's update will occur during the second week of April. The 2nd transmission indeed came on April 9, 2010 during the second week of April.

2nd Transmission

"On the Lower Rhine and in Westphalia he commanded for the League."
    — GKNOVA6's male voice

M O D 1 9 6 9 – D U G B T R L R F M * G W O X A W D N S N O C * Y X N M

Count Gronsfeld is the person the man was talking about. So the code has been encrypted using the Gronsfeld cipher, a variant of the Vigenčre cipher. 1 9 6 9 is the cipher key.

C L A S S I F I E D * A N N O U N C E M E N T * S O M D

Matt_Teddy on Twitter cracked the code, which he thought to be "CLASSIFIED ANNOUNCEMENT SOLD." It was later found out that it was actually "Classified Announcement SOMD."

This lead to SOMD.com, a website for Southern Maryland which is where the packages were sent from. The website is used for local news, event planning and community announcements. There was an announcement within this site pertaining to GKNOVA6, posted by a user named "Eve Reign." The posted announcement was a long and entirely lettered cipher:

NOVA
    Posted by: Eve Reign on Friday, 9 April 2010, at 3:20 p.m.
    LWLXRMSYWN.GVVOXXPXBVOKTPXAVSFTMBK -AONTHLRDOF.DHXSWEJHCQSQFWTCZUBCAM
    LWLXRMSYWN.LRDOFUINENYMGNPBMSYWNHAM, -YFTTXEWPGJL.XVORLUINEASPTCZUBJWGILVF
    LWLXRBGG.CCGRNYMGNAEMOWXAAGMSYWNGVVO, -GCYSRZYKXR.YBCBGCYGVVOXDOKSWEJUINE
    LWLXRMSYWN.XVORLCCGRAONTHLVFCWKYG, -FMFWCMXIMX.RTLHGPBWTMBKNSNTZBIM
    XXPXSQFW.HYORVPAKYHAMCAMMBKAONTH, MUZOWHYORV.CAMIGRAONTHLRDOFHYORVOAVBM
    You can find me at the Cheeping River. It’s near the Cheering Viper.

Cheeping River and Cheering Viper are anagrams of Vigenere cipher. Using the word "SPUTNIK" as the passphrase for this cipher, MrToasty on movieviral.com decrypted it[7]:

THREEEIGHT.NINEFIVEONESEVENNINESIX -SEVENSEVEN.ONEFOURSIXFIVEEIGHTSIX
    THREEEIGHT.SEVENFOURFOURTWOEIGHTONE, -ONEZEROFOUR.EIGHTFOURSIXEIGHTZEROSIX
    THREETWO.NINEFOURTHREEEIGHTEIGHTNINE, -ONEZEROSIX.FOURONENINEFOURFOURFOUR
    THREEEIGHT.EIGHTNINESEVENSIXSEVEN, -SEVENSEVEN.ZEROTHREESIXFIVEFIVE
    FIVEFIVE.SEVENFIVEONESIXSIXSEVEN, THREESEVEN.SIXONESEVENSEVENSEVENEIGHT

When put into numbers, this decrypted code indicate five major locations during the Cold War:

Code:
    * 38.951796, -77.146586 – CIA Headquarters
        * 38.744281, -104.846806 – Cheyenne Mountain / NORAD
        * 32.943889, -106.419444 – White Sands (Missile Complex)
        * 38.89767, -77.03655 – White House
        * 55.751667, 37.617778 – Ivanovskaya ploshchad, Russian Federation
    (Kremlin)

oh GOD it's too long...i will make it short

like this:[YOUTUBE]eumaatnVBN0[/YOUTUBE]

Ok so, I think this is from Treyarch about the new zombies for CoD7.
    radio transmission transcript.

**ring ring** encrypting noise (like for a secure transmission)

"What we wish we readily believece, that what we ourselves think, we imagine others thing also"
    **beep boping noise)
    MOD DING DING DING
    ZZZ **ERROR noise** JMQRYD3 **error noise** FRP (woosh encrypting noise, ring ring)

"now move..... everything you see..."

unintelligible voice says a word

The text file said

Cryptography

Isotope

Philanthropy

Hydrogen

Ember

Rebirth

which read CIPHER down

3rd Transmission
    The 3rd transmission which came out on April 21, 2010.

"They used the earth's magnetic field X the information was gathered and transmitted."
    — GKNOVA6's male voice

M O D [sound of 4 chimes] – 10 21 26 1 26 19 * 25 16 22 2 20 1 21 23 16 26 22 19 3

The quote is from the decrypted plaintext of the Kryptos sculpture's second part. It has been solved using a keyed Vigenčre cipher[8] also known as Quagmire III.

"Nothing in life is to be feared it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more so that we may fear less."
    — Marie Curie

M O D 1 0 0 – [Tones follow at these frequencies in Hz] 200 800 1800 3200 2400 800 200 * 200 800 1800 3200 2100 900 200

"Outside of consciousness there lies the cold and alien world of actual things."
    — Heinrich Hertz

M O D Can’t you see the whole spectrum? - [Weird sounds repeated twice]

"-Kenneth what’s the frequency?
    -Linear not algorithmic."
    — GKNOVA6's male voice and Kenneth

The quote from Kryptos may first seem to suggest using the Quagmire III as the cipher following the previous transmissions. But this is only a misleading, and the 4 sounds after the M O D indicate the 4th tableau of the Kryptos' transcript.[9] The letters of the tableau's first line must be numbered:

N G H I J L M N Q U V W X Z K R Y P T O S A B C D E
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Then, each number spelled by the woman must be replaced by its associated letter from the tableau's first line:

U S E N E T * D R A G O N S B R E A T H

A Google search with the keywords "u*****", "dragonsbreath" and "nova six" leads to a thread within the conspiracy discussions of Google Group. A user named Nova Six posted the following:

NOVA TRUTHSEEKERS

I want this story told. This is the tip of the iceberg.

Tell All But Ultraviolet November.
    Send All Relevant Items Now.
    Situation Offers Many Appropriate Nights.
    we’ll have a GAS.

The elements are in the sounds and words. Look and listen.

-DRAGONSBREATH
    Tell All But Ultraviolet November. = TABUN
    Send All Relevant Items Now. = SARIN
    Situation Offers Many Appropriate Nights. = SOMAN

These are all nerve gases of the G-Series.

The first part of the transmission has been solved by Shizzire of the CoDz forum.[10]

For the Marie Curie code, MOD 100 stands for : divide by 100. Each frequency must indeed be divided by 100:

2 8 18 32 24 8 2 * 2 8 18 32 21 9 2

2 8 18 32 24 8 2 is the number of electrons per shell in Plutonium (Element: 94; Symbol: Pu; Discovered by Enrico Fermi).
    2 8 18 32 21 9 2 is the number of electrons per shell in Uranium (Element: 92; Symbol: U; Discovered by Martin Heinrich Klaproth).

This was found thanks to Cpt Rutger of WeTheGamerz - Home

4th Transmission
    A male voice is heard saying "Azure has the task." This is repeated three times.

If the temporal frequency is analyzed, the following words are found: Napoleon = d Karl = b.

The NOVA TRUTHSEEKERS group was updated with a new post from Nova Six:

Azure: Since you have provided us with this information, we give you
    a new task, and see if you can deliver.

We are looking for a specific document, one that we would very much
    like to find. This document is posted by someone who remains just out
    of our reach…for now. We have
    intercepted communications with a code
    that we haven’t been able to crack. Post this document in a public
    place, and we will correspond again in the future.
    Transmission is as follows:

They came in a black helicopter to try and aid the dead president.
    Even the cabal could not stop the spy.
    An interesting Conspiracy, one the world would not soon forget, had
    they ever known.

Searching the third line of the "transmission" revealed another Google group with a link to a download. The download required a password, which was found when another group started by the same user had the fourth line spell out with the first letter of each word, MASON. A document that was supposedly signed by John F. Kennedy (the blotted out signature looked nothing like his) was found in the download with the first letter of each sentence spelling out TREYARCH, confirming the developer's involvement in the viral site.[1]

Azure later posted the following in reply to Nova Six's post.

Code:
    As Requested 
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/27543574@N06/4566876865/
    The link leads to a picture of a top secret document from the White House posted by Azure and under it in text is what Azure deciphered from the picture. A Flickr user by the name of GKNova6 commented the following.

Well done. We will be in contact. EOM.

This document can be seen in the Uncut Reveal Trailer for Call of Duty: Black Ops which was released on May 18 at 8:30 pm EST.

5th Transmission
    The 5th Transmission which came out on May 5th 2010.

The woman starts out the transmission by saying this:

M O D N S A M 55

By performing a spectral analysis upon the sound, following text can be found:

Subject: NOVA project -
    We are on schedule thus far. Stability has be
    however, are promising and yield results beyo
    The remaining issues and action items are as
    a) Stability is still an issue - We are h
    - Stability Report No: NOVA.SR 2010032(This may be NOVA.88 2010032 or anything.)
    Testing with trial batches to derive th

Note that the text is cut from its rightmost side.

If this is shuffled around something like this shows up, appearantly it all fits together perfectly:

Searching about NOVA.SR 2010032 doesn't yield any meaningful result yet, although 2010/(0)3/2 also appeared in the teaser trailer for Call of Duty: Black Ops, hinting that it may have some significance.

Searching about nsam55 brings up a letter sent from JFK to the chairmen of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in 1961 (during the cold war). The letter is hard to read and is typed above the actual letter.

Full credit to Jurryaany for finding and decoding the letter

skip to Transmission 6

6th Transmission
    The screen shows that a password is required to access the screen.

At the beginning of the transmission, a woman starts off by saying:

MODGK0984242P

After that, she says letters that could be the possible password.

TRD*SRA*SRC*DRB*IRE

After reading the swf, it reads /(--FREEDOM)+-. It can be rearranged with the five three letter code resulting in TRD/(SRA-SRC-7)+DRB-IRE. Substituting identification numbers results in 1915032/(2010032-2010022-7)+0510032-0002036 and adds up to 1146340. 1146340 is the password for the screen. Upon entering the password, it shows the full screen of what appears to be a medical area. You can hear a man breathing heavily, some machines, and a EKG machine. Also, there are 3 television screens that cycle the same patter over and over again. When combined, the circles form the GK symbol.

PerdíElJuego of unfiction.com solved the message.
    [YOUTUBE]OC7qEL1cXhI[/YOUTUBE]
    The world premiere trailer contains references to the GKNOVA6 site, confirming once more that the latter is related to Call of Duty: Black Ops:

* At 0:18, we find the same copy of the JFK signed document that has been given by Azure on the Google groups topic created by Nova Six.
    * At 0:19, a GK logo can be seen on a classified document.

Last edited by Niku ・( ̄∀ ̄)・; 07-16-2010 at 09:09 PM.
    "Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harms we do, we do to ourselves."-Mitch Albom

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Niku ・( ̄∀ ̄)・ For This Useful Post:

packy08 (07-16-2010),Skyline. (07-31-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    can i safely say i understood nothing?! so all those transmissions meant ..... ? and i see most of the answers to the transmissions have no logical meaning and can end up to endless solutions , anyway all u said is good but can u say it in a more simple way? and what u meant by viral site in the top of your post?
    sorry for necroposting i just got interested in the subject
    Gifts
    My Specs:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860@2.80GHz (8CPU)
    2.00GB RAMs DDR3
    Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
    ATI HD4670 1770MBs
    1.2TB Hard Disk

Thanks
    lol just got mind fuked by a conspiracy theory...
    what is the point of this, are they sending secret messages to each other?...about the new call of duty through these transmissions :/

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    secret much...just find at wikipedia LOL..
    (not copy paster)
    "Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harms we do, we do to ourselves."-Mitch Albom

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I fell asleep half way the story =\

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    I fell asleep half way the story =\
    That's cool

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Sorry, but could extract the basic idea from it..?

Arch it's right, but it happened after 10 lines.

Back in '10

Got a question?PM/VM me!
    I read them all.
    Also contact me via MSN.
    vlad@mpgh.net

Minion since:07-04-2010
    Mod since:08-31-2010
    Till : 05.07.2011