Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    TheGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,190
    Reputation
    179
    Thanks
    199
    My Mood
    Cheerful

    Anti-Scam Banners shouldnt be allowed

    It is not allowed to put "Trusted" or anything of that nature in a thread shop. Ive seen many scam reports on people that are new, yet they have premium and they have put the anti-scam banner. This gives people a false sense of security as they think that banner was earned. Its the same thing except Id say much worse.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGuy For This Useful Post:

    Quietjuan (11-23-2016)

  3. #2
    LilyLoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    2,996
    Reputation
    410
    Thanks
    481
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    @TheGuy Hmm i do agree but we should just put out a notice saying that the anti-scam image title is not a offical title and therefore has no ''trust benifits'' to members that have these titles.
    LoL Name Exploit :https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1130251( P a t c h e d )
    My Skype down below: ( Becareful of impersonator's)

    Middleman:9/13/2016-3/8/17
    LoL Minion 11/5/2016-3/8/17
    Former Staff 3/8/17-Present

  4. #3
    TheGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,190
    Reputation
    179
    Thanks
    199
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayumi View Post
    @TheGuy Hmm i do agree but we should just put out a notice saying that the anti-scam image title is not a offical title and therefore has no ''trust benifits'' to members that have these titles.
    Why not make the title actually mean something, something like you have to deposit $100 into MPGH, the $100 is yours to claim when you want but you lose the banner. In the case of a scam by anyone with the title, their deposit will be distributed between people that were scammed by the user.

  5. #4
    TheSilentBoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Canada Eh
    Posts
    789
    Reputation
    118
    Thanks
    216
    My Mood
    Dead
    bro but what about me




  6. #5
    TheGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,190
    Reputation
    179
    Thanks
    199
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    @DarkLordXYZ @Hova

    Please move this thread to the suggestions section

  7. #6
    Ahlwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    I love HomeScillet
    Posts
    9,727
    Reputation
    1653
    Thanks
    3,526
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
    @DarkLordXYZ @Hova

    Please move this thread to the suggestions section
    They can't. Only a GM can.

    Either way, the deposit method wouldn't work. Becomes too much of a hassle for the administrators to deal with. Easy to just ban entirely.

    This subject has come up before and is still being looked into.
    Signature Advertisement

    Expires 30 October 2017



    Skype: mpghahlwong
    Always confirm it is me via the MPGH VM system before dealing
    Impersonator List
     

    MPGH History

    Global Moderator 09/2017
    Minion+ 04/2017
    Market Place Minion 04/2017
    Minecraft Minion 02/2017
    Realm of the Mad God Minion 11/2016

    Official Middleman 09/2016
    News Force Editor 08/2016
    News Force (Section of the Week) 03/2016
    News Force (User News) 10/2015

    Donator 03/2015
    Realm of the Mad God Editor 05/2014
    Member 12/2012

  8. #7
    TheGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,190
    Reputation
    179
    Thanks
    199
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlwong View Post
    They can't. Only a GM can.

    Either way, the deposit method wouldn't work. Becomes too much of a hassle for the administrators to deal with. Easy to just ban entirely.

    This subject has come up before and is still being looked into.
    Wouldnt be that hard to code, and simpler with the use of bitcoin. The tag could even be made to say Scam Safety (x)
    Where x is the amount of dollars that the user has locked into it. Then a user can make a withdrawl request at any time, and have a 24hr wait or so during which the tag goes away. Then it can be approved/denied. Granted it is extra work, it can be done and add value to the site.

  9. #8
    Ahlwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    I love HomeScillet
    Posts
    9,727
    Reputation
    1653
    Thanks
    3,526
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
    Wouldnt be that hard to code, and simpler with the use of bitcoin. The tag could even be made to say Scam Safety (x)
    Where x is the amount of dollars that the user has locked into it. Then a user can make a withdrawl request at any time, and have a 24hr wait or so during which the tag goes away. Then it can be approved/denied. Granted it is extra work, it can be done and add value to the site.
    Well we'd now be turning an unofficial tag into an official one wouldn't we?

    The fact that people think it is an official tag which makes the user trustworthy is stupid.

    Anyways, only arun uses BTC which would mean we'd be sending him requests constantly but he has lots of things to work on so this would disrupt it.
    Signature Advertisement

    Expires 30 October 2017



    Skype: mpghahlwong
    Always confirm it is me via the MPGH VM system before dealing
    Impersonator List
     

    MPGH History

    Global Moderator 09/2017
    Minion+ 04/2017
    Market Place Minion 04/2017
    Minecraft Minion 02/2017
    Realm of the Mad God Minion 11/2016

    Official Middleman 09/2016
    News Force Editor 08/2016
    News Force (Section of the Week) 03/2016
    News Force (User News) 10/2015

    Donator 03/2015
    Realm of the Mad God Editor 05/2014
    Member 12/2012

  10. #9
    TheGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,190
    Reputation
    179
    Thanks
    199
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlwong View Post
    Well we'd now be turning an unofficial tag into an official one wouldn't we?

    The fact that people think it is an official tag which makes the user trustworthy is stupid.

    Anyways, only arun uses BTC which would mean we'd be sending him requests constantly but he has lots of things to work on so this would disrupt it.
    It's not that stupid as there is no way to differentiate between official and unofficial tags. The fact that multiple actually trustworthy people use it does not help.

    As for what you said about the BTC thats not how it works. It would be coded, an address that recieves bitcoin. You would enter an amount to deposit, be given an address to deposit to and once 2 confirmations on the blockchain network hit it confirms and you get the tag. You can then request your money back, your tag is taken away and you must wait 24 hours (maybe 48) after that an admin can accept or decline the request based off if any scam reports were made. If a user is banned because of scamming and they have a deposit, the deposit is allotted to victims of the scam proportionally. If the scam is worth less than the deposit then MPGH makes some bitcoin or it can be given away in a giveaway (giveaway could even only be enterable if youve been scammed within the last month.)

  11. #10
    Ahlwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    I love HomeScillet
    Posts
    9,727
    Reputation
    1653
    Thanks
    3,526
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
    It's not that stupid as there is no way to differentiate between official and unofficial tags. The fact that multiple actually trustworthy people use it does not help.

    As for what you said about the BTC thats not how it works. It would be coded, an address that recieves bitcoin. You would enter an amount to deposit, be given an address to deposit to and once 2 confirmations on the blockchain network hit it confirms and you get the tag. You can then request your money back, your tag is taken away and you must wait 24 hours (maybe 48) after that an admin can accept or decline the request based off if any scam reports were made. If a user is banned because of scamming and they have a deposit, the deposit is allotted to victims of the scam proportionally. If the scam is worth less than the deposit then MPGH makes some bitcoin or it can be given away in a giveaway (giveaway could even only be enterable if youve been scammed within the last month.)
    I understand what you were trying to say now. This might work so I'll bring your suggestion to Dave.

    However, we need to think about whether or not it will break the site
    Signature Advertisement

    Expires 30 October 2017



    Skype: mpghahlwong
    Always confirm it is me via the MPGH VM system before dealing
    Impersonator List
     

    MPGH History

    Global Moderator 09/2017
    Minion+ 04/2017
    Market Place Minion 04/2017
    Minecraft Minion 02/2017
    Realm of the Mad God Minion 11/2016

    Official Middleman 09/2016
    News Force Editor 08/2016
    News Force (Section of the Week) 03/2016
    News Force (User News) 10/2015

    Donator 03/2015
    Realm of the Mad God Editor 05/2014
    Member 12/2012

  12. #11
    LilyLoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    2,996
    Reputation
    410
    Thanks
    481
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
    Why not make the title actually mean something, something like you have to deposit $100 into MPGH, the $100 is yours to claim when you want but you lose the banner. In the case of a scam by anyone with the title, their deposit will be distributed between people that were scammed by the user.
    Well i dont think dave will even approve of that due to multiple reasons offside. Theres nothing we can really do about scammers since they will always find a way to scam people since they have gotten smarter over the years. We even had some ban evaders stay hidden for a long time before we even noticed :/. Market place is a really risky place to do busniess and we arent the internet police to monitor each member. Though we do have services that will prevent that later on
    LoL Name Exploit :https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1130251( P a t c h e d )
    My Skype down below: ( Becareful of impersonator's)

    Middleman:9/13/2016-3/8/17
    LoL Minion 11/5/2016-3/8/17
    Former Staff 3/8/17-Present

  13. #12
    Hugo Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    28,410
    Reputation
    4032
    Thanks
    5,684
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Yes, there were indeed some cases where people thought the anti-scam image title was official.
    Though it is pretty ironic to put that image title up and scam someone the next day. I guess you can say it was used for manipulative purposes.
    Regardless of whatever bs tag they have, it doesn't really matter.
    Just because someone has an anti-scam image title selected, does not mean they won't scam, nor does that mean they will scam.
    You can tell if it is official, or unofficial by hovering your mouse over the image title to see if there is a usergroup associated with it.
    If there is a fee for just the image title of "anti-scam" is placed, it would be rather ridicule since the purpose of the group created was to promote anti-scam awareness.
    Giving a ban on the image title restricts the use and in many cases may potentially affect other requested image titles in the future.
    You can even say that it would a suppression to the support of anti-scam awareness.

    We already have premium member and premium seller.
    There is no need to add more purchases for new tags because we already have two available that gives great benefits.
    In the real world, people want to gain others trust by doing whatever they can to promote their business.
    Listing themselves are trustworthy is considerably one of the factors that contributes to their promotion of business.
    I can see how it may be misleading, but that is up to the buyer's discretion.
    Purchasing a tag does not make the member automatically trustworthy, but less likely to commit any scams.
    We do of course recommend users to read things carefully, critically, and trade with caution.


    Please be aware of imposters. I do not own a Skype account and I will NEVER contact you outside of MPGH.


    My MPGH History

    Super User since 08-29-2017
    Global Moderator from 10-02-2016 - 08-29-2017
    Premium Seller since 11-16-2016
    Moderator from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Alliance of Valiant Arms Minion from 11-12-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market place Minion from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Crossfire Minion from 09-11-2015 - 01-09-2016

    Middleman from 07-07-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market Place Minion from 03-03-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Middleman from 01-30-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Moderator from 03-29-2013 - 04-04-2013
    Market Place Minion from 03-07-2013 - 04-04-2013
    Premium Member since 01-25-2013
    Middleman from 12-04-2012 - 04-04-2013
    Registered since 10-9-2011

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hugo Boss For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Ahlwong (11-20-2016)

Similar Threads

  1. [Graphic Art] Free ANTI-SCAM Banner!
    By moose in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-07-2016, 06:16 AM
  2. My Ultimate Anti-Scam technique (TUT (free, read this))
    By bambell in forum Trade Accounts/Keys/Items
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-03-2007, 12:27 AM