The following is a list of ideas and questions that have been suggested or asked so often as to be almost comical. They are categorized for you, but, in general, there is one underlying rule involved. Don't suggest or ask these things. Read over this list carefully. If your suggestion/question falls under one of these topics or categories, do not post it. It will cause your thread to be locked and/or deleted on sight.
Additionally, you should always use the search feature to make sure that a similar thread has not already been created.
Clarification: An item's presence on this list doesn't mean it will never be added to the forum. It means that if it is added, it is added due to internal discussions and decisions, rather than based on suggestions.
Frequently Suggested Ideas:
- Shoutbox/Chatbox: General is MPGH's shoutbox. We don't need another one.
- New Theme/Reimplementation of old features: VB4 Upgrades are not finished yet. Dave is still working on implementing a new theme, our old addons/features along with several new ones.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I request a name or usertitle change?: To request a name or usertitle change you will need to have at least 1,000 posts, and then make a thread about it in the Staff Requests section. You may also request a change if you are a Donator, or a staff member of MPGH -- If you meet one of these requirements but do not have access to the Staff Requests section you may make a request here, in Suggestions, Requests & Help. Any requests without proper requirements met will result in a ban. Multiple requests will result in a ban.
- How can I fix "HTTP Error 500 Internal server error" when trying to post or view threads?: Clear your web browser's cache and cookies and then log back in and everything should world properly. Alternatively you may just have to wait a few moments and refresh the page.
- How can I 'mention' someone?: Simply type the "@" symbol proceeded by someones name. (ie. @Ian).
- What are "Member Levels"?: Users start off as level one, and advance in levels at the post counts of 2,500, 5,000, and 10,000. Higher levels have more advantages, such as bigger/underlined names, bigger avatar allowance, and even Free VIP (for Level 4).
- What are infractions points?: Infraction Points may be placed on your account by a staff member whenever you violate a rule. Whenever you receive enough infractions (usually multiples of 3), you will be temporarily banned. Most infractions will expire over time.
- I uploaded an animated .GIF for my avatar, but it appeared as a static image. What am I doing wrong?: If you've uploaded an avatar that is larger than your user permissions allow, it will automatically be resized. If this image is an animated .gif, it will only utilize the first frame of your image. To fix this, you'll need to resize the .GIF to meet your avatar size limits yourself, in a program like Photoshop.
Payments/Donations (Note: VIP services are currently not available.):
- How do I become a Donator?: You must send a donation to Liz's Paypal of at least $25 and then post your payment information (Transaction ID and Date) here.
- What happens after I have purchased VIP?: After purchasing VIP post in the "Purchasing VIP - AlertPay" sticky located in MPGH's General Section. Your VIP should be activated within 24-48 hours of posting this information. If it isn't, contact @Dave84311 via Visitor Message.
- What method of Payments can I use to purchase VIP besides AlertPay and PayPal?: Contact @Dave84311 about using a Visa, Prepaid Card.
- Can I buy VIP through PayPal?: Contact MiNT (see this thread for more information) to purchase VIP for Crossfire and Flameswor12 for Combat Arms (see this thread).
- What are the benefits of being a donator?: You get: A colored bold name, a donator tag (will be improved in vB4), future access to private sections, will have no post restrictions on name & title changes, no waiting time in between name & title changes, the ability to change your own text title, a bigger avatar allowance, a Image user title regardless of posts, and you will be a part of a special member group as well as helping MPGH. (Source: DONATE TODAY!)
- I can't access my account, and am unable to recover it. What should I do?: Contact an administrator with any proof of your identity that you have. They should be able to assist you.
- I have been banned or infracted unfairly. What should I do?: Create a dispute in the Staff Disputes section. If you have been banned, you will need to create a new account to do this. Pointless disputes will result in further punishment.
Just thought it would be a good idea to have a thread like this to keep people from making suggestions like "Shoutbox" when they've already been suggested fifty times before. It didn't come out quite as lengthy as I had hoped, so feel free to PM me anything you think I should add.