Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Kleviso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In a cave
    Posts
    123
    Reputation
    64
    Thanks
    15
    My Mood
    Chatty

    HELP PLEASE installing Graphics card

    So I'm installing an Asus Geforce GTX 660 into my Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 motherboard. I'm also running a 600w modular corsair PSU and intel i5 3440k processor.
    Today I go my card and I fastened it into my motherboard. I them plug the HDMI cable into it and then into my computer, nothing shows up.
    I then remove the card completely, install the drivers from the CD it came with, plug it back in, nothing came up
    I then went into device manager and deleted my Intel(R) HD drivers, this made my resolution shitty(as expected)
    I but when I did this I didn't see that the Asus drivers were installed.
    I then rebooted, with no Asus or intel drivers. I went online downloaded latest drivers, latest drivers were to be installed through Nvida geforce experiance but it said I don't have any compatable nvidia drivers
    I'm now stuck and don't know what to do. This is my first time installing a graphics card into a computer
    I BEG THAT SOMEONE HELPS ME
    Also whenever I turn on my computer with my graphics card plugged in I get a black screen
    Last edited by Kleviso; 04-01-2014 at 11:58 AM.

  2. #2
    Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    7,017
    Reputation
    1207
    Thanks
    2,824
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleviso View Post
    So I'm installing an Asus Geforce GTX 660 into my Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 motherboard. I'm also running a 600w modular corsair PSU and intel i5 3440k processor.
    Today I go my card and I fastened it into my motherboard. I them plug the HDMI cable into it and then into my computer, nothing shows up.
    I then remove the card completely, install the drivers from the CD it came with, plug it back in, nothing came up
    I then went into device manager and deleted my Intel(R) HD drivers, this made my resolution shitty(as expected)
    I but when I did this I didn't see that the Asus drivers were installed.
    I then rebooted, with no Asus or intel drivers. I went online downloaded latest drivers, latest drivers were to be installed through Nvida geforce experiance but it said I don't have any compatable nvidia drivers
    I'm now stuck and don't know what to do. This is my first time installing a graphics card into a computer
    I BEG THAT SOMEONE HELPS ME
    Also whenever I turn on my computer with my graphics card plugged in I get a black screen
    Try updating your BIOS and perhaps see if windows is up to date. It should just work straight out the box (Unless you got it second hand). Also, re-install your Intel HD Drivers, you don't need to remove them.

    Check the cables and make sure they and the card are securely locked in place!

    Minion Statistics

    Ex-Console Minion: 13/01/2011 ~ 19/04/2011
    Console Re-Minion: 14/06/2012 ~ 27/02/2013
    AVA Minion: 22/06/2012 ~ 12/11/2012
    Battlefield Minion: 04/02/2013 ~ 27/02/2013

    Computer Specifications
    Case: NZXT Phantom 820
    PSU: Corsair HX-850W V2
    Mobo: ASUS Z87-Deluxe
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K
    CPU Cooling: Swiftech H220 All-In-One Liquid Cooler (Cooled by 2x Noctua NF-F12 PWM 120mm Fans)
    RAM: Corsair Platinum Dominators CMD16GX3M2A2400C10 (2x8GB DDR3 2400Mhz XMP)
    GFX: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II OC 2GB
    Monitor: LG 29EB93 29" Ultrawide LED IPS Panel (2560x1080)(29:1 Ratio)
    Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2012
    Keyboard: Ducky DK 9008G2 Cherry MX-Brown Mechanical Keyboard


  3. #3
    Lovroman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    9,430
    Reputation
    611
    Thanks
    10,337
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Only put it in the mobo? What about molex/power cables?

  4. #4
    Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    7,017
    Reputation
    1207
    Thanks
    2,824
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovroman View Post
    Only put it in the mobo? What about molex/power cables?
    If he forgot the power cables...

    Minion Statistics

    Ex-Console Minion: 13/01/2011 ~ 19/04/2011
    Console Re-Minion: 14/06/2012 ~ 27/02/2013
    AVA Minion: 22/06/2012 ~ 12/11/2012
    Battlefield Minion: 04/02/2013 ~ 27/02/2013

    Computer Specifications
    Case: NZXT Phantom 820
    PSU: Corsair HX-850W V2
    Mobo: ASUS Z87-Deluxe
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K
    CPU Cooling: Swiftech H220 All-In-One Liquid Cooler (Cooled by 2x Noctua NF-F12 PWM 120mm Fans)
    RAM: Corsair Platinum Dominators CMD16GX3M2A2400C10 (2x8GB DDR3 2400Mhz XMP)
    GFX: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II OC 2GB
    Monitor: LG 29EB93 29" Ultrawide LED IPS Panel (2560x1080)(29:1 Ratio)
    Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2012
    Keyboard: Ducky DK 9008G2 Cherry MX-Brown Mechanical Keyboard


  5. #5
    Kleviso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In a cave
    Posts
    123
    Reputation
    64
    Thanks
    15
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post


    If he forgot the power cables...
    On my asus GTX 660, i only see one power cable slot

  6. #6
    Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    7,017
    Reputation
    1207
    Thanks
    2,824
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleviso View Post
    On my asus GTX 660, i only see one power cable slot
    Is there power going into the card at least? Any LEDs lighting up or something?

    Minion Statistics

    Ex-Console Minion: 13/01/2011 ~ 19/04/2011
    Console Re-Minion: 14/06/2012 ~ 27/02/2013
    AVA Minion: 22/06/2012 ~ 12/11/2012
    Battlefield Minion: 04/02/2013 ~ 27/02/2013

    Computer Specifications
    Case: NZXT Phantom 820
    PSU: Corsair HX-850W V2
    Mobo: ASUS Z87-Deluxe
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K
    CPU Cooling: Swiftech H220 All-In-One Liquid Cooler (Cooled by 2x Noctua NF-F12 PWM 120mm Fans)
    RAM: Corsair Platinum Dominators CMD16GX3M2A2400C10 (2x8GB DDR3 2400Mhz XMP)
    GFX: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II OC 2GB
    Monitor: LG 29EB93 29" Ultrawide LED IPS Panel (2560x1080)(29:1 Ratio)
    Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2012
    Keyboard: Ducky DK 9008G2 Cherry MX-Brown Mechanical Keyboard


  7. #7
    Kleviso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In a cave
    Posts
    123
    Reputation
    64
    Thanks
    15
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Yeah, theres a green light lighting up. A friend sent me a method. If it doesn't work, I'm going back to square one.
    Be back with an update in about an hour

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kleviso For This Useful Post:

    Justin (04-01-2014)

  9. #8
    Aborted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Shitpost Defense
    Posts
    17,623
    Reputation
    3137
    Thanks
    6,446
    My Mood
    Twisted
    A stupid mistake some people make is connecting the HDMI cable to their Motherboard, and therefore their integrated graphics.
    Make sure you're tapping into your GPU.
    I am the seer in the dark,
    the vagabond of yore,
    valediction.
    I am the sum of all your parts,
    and proprietor of all.
    A miasma,
    the conclusion,
    blackmonger of Inlé,
    valediction.
    Synapses fray,
    my form now vivid,
    as torpor sets and blood grows tepid.
    With every ounce of flesh now offered,
    I hold your corpse within my coffers.
    Knitted cells now split asunder,
    stand alongside me brother.
    Take your place amongst my Owsla,
    we march at dawn now and forever.


Similar Threads

  1. [Offtopic] help requested with graphic card playing tera
    By Dlennert in forum Vindictus Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-14-2012, 06:10 PM
  2. Installing graphic card
    By loldilol in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 04:39 PM
  3. paysafe card?under 18? help please
    By napster835 in forum Trade Accounts/Keys/Items
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-05-2009, 01:58 PM
  4. PLEASE READ: MPGH hack helps graphics card?!
    By keyboard in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 08:19 AM
  5. Graphics card help
    By Aoe3_CA in forum General
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-08-2008, 12:16 PM