Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Fidel Alejandro Castro Ru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    89
    Reputation
    31
    Thanks
    13

    Fidel Castro is the greatest leader of the 20th century

    You can't prove me wrong either.

  2. #2
    Ferris Bueller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    6,712
    Reputation
    409
    Thanks
    848
    My Mood
    Hot
    Read the book The Double Life of Fidel Castro.
    And no, he's definetly not the greatest leader of the 20th century. JFK4LYFE

    "Religions are, by definition, metaphors, after all: God is a dream, a hope, a woman, an ironist, a father, a city, a house of many rooms, a watchmaker who left his prize chronometer in the desert, someone who loves you—even, perhaps, against all evidence, a celestial being whose only interest is to make sure your football team, army, business, or marriage thrives, prospers, and triumphs over all opposition. Religions are places to stand and look and act, vantage points from which to view the world. So none of this is happening. Such things could not occur. Never a word of it is literally true.”


  3. #3
    Fidel Alejandro Castro Ru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    89
    Reputation
    31
    Thanks
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
    Read the book The Double Life of Fidel Castro.
    And no, he's definetly not the greatest leader of the 20th century. JFK4LYFE
    Castro's family hates him after he nationalized all of their wealth and put them into poverty so they left for America and got rich for bashing him. Besides one of his kids, she knows that he's not into materialistic wealth. She still hates him though... I mean come on man! Castro lives off 470 pesos a month, where the hell is his yacht? Nowhere man! Don't trust somebody that has reason to make $$$ off their lies! And JFK? That imperialist that tried to annex Cuba? The same guy who lied to the American public several times? The one who lied about invading Cuba? You're disillusioned, clearly. Franklin D. Roosevelt was without an argument, the greatest president of America during the 20th century.

    What's wrong with Castro? The man arrived on the beaches of Cuba with a couple dozen people armed with only knives! He liberated Cuba from an evil dictator! The first thing he nationalized was his house (he was among the few wealthy) and he became dirt poor! He gave 1/3rd of the population land and field to work, the literacy rates SOAR; free college for everyone! American imperialists tried to assassinate the guy 650+ times, but you can't kill Castro! Not only did he free Cubans, but he went and helped end African apartheid for absolutely nothing in return. Castro has repeatedly denied such wealth that the guard claims... "for why would I need such wealth if I have nobody to pass it onto?" or "show proof of any wealth you speak of and I'll resign today" and nobody could bring proof to their statements.

  4. #4
    Ferris Bueller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    6,712
    Reputation
    409
    Thanks
    848
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidel Alejandro Castro Ru View Post
    Castro's family hates him after he nationalized all of their wealth and put them into poverty so they left for America and got rich for bashing him. Besides one of his kids, she knows that he's not into materialistic wealth. She still hates him though... I mean come on man! Castro lives off 470 pesos a month, where the hell is his yacht? Nowhere man! Don't trust somebody that has reason to make $$$ off their lies! And JFK? That imperialist that tried to annex Cuba? The same guy who lied to the American public several times? The one who lied about invading Cuba? You're disillusioned, clearly. Franklin D. Roosevelt was without an argument, the greatest president of America during the 20th century.

    What's wrong with Castro? The man arrived on the beaches of Cuba with a couple dozen people armed with only knives! He liberated Cuba from an evil dictator! The first thing he nationalized was his house (he was among the few wealthy) and he became dirt poor! He gave 1/3rd of the population land and field to work, the literacy rates SOAR; free college for everyone! American imperialists tried to assassinate the guy 650+ times, but you can't kill Castro! Not only did he free Cubans, but he went and helped end African apartheid for absolutely nothing in return. Castro has repeatedly denied such wealth that the guard claims... "for why would I need such wealth if I have nobody to pass it onto?" or "show proof of any wealth you speak of and I'll resign today" and nobody could bring proof to their statements.
    lmao i'm not sure if you're trolling or not.

    First I'd like to ask you if you're actually cuban or have actually been to cuba.
    Second, the reason the Cubans were so enthusiastic in following Castro is because they just wanted to be rid of Batista. No one had any idea the hole Castro would put Cuba in. Today, most cubans are unhappy and up until recently they couldn't really leave the country. Just educate yourself on the conditions Cuba was in during Castro's leadership.

    "Religions are, by definition, metaphors, after all: God is a dream, a hope, a woman, an ironist, a father, a city, a house of many rooms, a watchmaker who left his prize chronometer in the desert, someone who loves you—even, perhaps, against all evidence, a celestial being whose only interest is to make sure your football team, army, business, or marriage thrives, prospers, and triumphs over all opposition. Religions are places to stand and look and act, vantage points from which to view the world. So none of this is happening. Such things could not occur. Never a word of it is literally true.”


  5. #5
    Fidel Alejandro Castro Ru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    89
    Reputation
    31
    Thanks
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller View Post


    lmao i'm not sure if you're trolling or not.

    First I'd like to ask you if you're actually cuban or have actually been to cuba.
    Second, the reason the Cubans were so enthusiastic in following Castro is because they just wanted to be rid of Batista. No one had any idea the hole Castro would put Cuba in. Today, most cubans are unhappy and up until recently they couldn't really leave the country. Just educate yourself on the conditions Cuba was in during Castro's leadership.
    I'm not trolling and I'm not Cuban. I live in Florida so I've talked to Cuban citizens who've emigrated and I have visited Cuba once, and talked to Cuba citizens via my friend I visited with. I have "educated" myself about the conditions under Castro's leadership. Can you refute anything I stated above? The literacy rate, the agrarian reform or the fact that the economy's GDP has been increasing by several % each year? Fidel Castro has made Cuba's economy nearly self-sustainable. Now then, how about human rights? That's the only thing that you can have a reasonable argument over.

    Religious freedom - It's a communist country. Nevertheless, Raul Castro is probably gonna give religious freedom soon as he's contemplating converting to Catholicism after meeting with the Pope.

    Other political parties - Capitalism would not work as effectively as Communism, this has been PROVEN several times throughout Cuba's history. During the Cold War it was increasingly important to outlaw other political parties, seeing as America just rigged the polls in any democratic society during the time.

    Freedom of speech - You're allowed to be critical of the communist government, but the second you talk about overthrowing the government that's it. The Cuban government takes it serious, considering the American government has funded coups against the Cuban government. You can expect to be jailed.

    Is there human rights abuse? Yes, I'm not going to deny that. But you have to understand how the American government practically forced Cuba into enacting these laws, and how American imperialism during the Cold War affected the political systems of Latin American countries. It was either be annexed by America, become a puppet-state or nationalize American properties and enact these laws. Once American-Cuba relations become better you'll start to see a more free Cuba.

  6. #6
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    When Fidel Castro took over, he was a great leader to the Cuban People.

    However after that his leadership and political choices were poor.


    The greatest "leader" would have to be defined in a certain way. Are we defining it as a government official? Just a leader of the people?

    Because I think Ghandi or MLK were better leaders of their respective people.


    Political official? I'd probably go with Churchill.


  7. #7
    Confluency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,417
    Reputation
    237
    Thanks
    317
    My Mood
    Amused
    And what do you base this on?
    Been around these parts since '10.

  8. #8
    Deity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    690
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    56
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Castro was a great leader, maybe not in the ways we like him to be. He's a very influential person though.

  9. #9
    Fidel Alejandro Castro Ru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    89
    Reputation
    31
    Thanks
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic Darkness View Post
    Castro was a great leader, maybe not in the ways we like him to be. He's a very influential person though.
    He did lots of cool things with him and his gang of badasses, like stopping South African apartheid.

    Quote Originally Posted by Confluency View Post
    And what do you base this on?
    How badass the said leader is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    When Fidel Castro took over, he was a great leader to the Cuban People.

    However after that his leadership and political choices were poor.


    The greatest "leader" would have to be defined in a certain way. Are we defining it as a government official? Just a leader of the people?

    Because I think Ghandi or MLK were better leaders of their respective people.


    Political official? I'd probably go with Churchill.
    Didn't Hitler want peace and demilitarization? If I remember correctly, Hitler sent a couple dozen offers for peace before and during WW2 towards Churchill -- only for him to say no.

  10. #10
    Predator's Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    /r/socialism
    Posts
    1,293
    Reputation
    50
    Thanks
    243
    My Mood
    Crappy
    Castro was definetly not a bad leader, at least compared to the capitalist slob of a leader they had before who was just a dud so the USA could exploit Cuba.

    I feel like I can get along with you


    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Churchill
    And so the Israel vs Palestine feud continues again...
    Remember to thanks/rep if I helped you
    WORLD'S MOST SOCIALIST PANDA



Similar Threads

  1. USA Not the greatest country in the world!
    By xXwhitepandaXx in forum United States of America
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 07-09-2016, 12:23 PM
  2. America is the greatest country in the world.
    By C4Vendetta. in forum United States of America
    Replies: 340
    Last Post: 03-29-2013, 12:31 PM
  3. What The Greatest City In The World?
    By MC² in forum General
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-10-2011, 12:03 AM
  4. GREATEST SECRET OF THE WORLD
    By Gourav2122 in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 07:22 PM
  5. The Greatest Dancer Alive
    By arunforce in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-02-2006, 03:02 PM