Last edited by Ferris Bueller; 05-29-2015 at 03:21 PM.
Reason: because i like to get down with dick
"Religions are, by definition, metaphors, after all: God is a dream, a hope, a woman, an ironist, a father, a city, a house of many rooms, a watchmaker who left his prize chronometer in the desert, someone who loves you—even, perhaps, against all evidence, a celestial being whose only interest is to make sure your football team, army, business, or marriage thrives, prospers, and triumphs over all opposition. Religions are places to stand and look and act, vantage points from which to view the world. So none of this is happening. Such things could not occur. Never a word of it is literally true.”
Science isn't meant to be consistent, it's meant to be regularly tested and done over and over again and acknowledges its inconsistencies. Where-as creationists do not.
I was going to write about how this guy doesn't seem to understand how evolution works but someone in the comments cleared it up pretty well.
"The following are just a few errors throughout the video:
1) Does not know the meaning of theory in science.
2) Does not understand evolution as he keeps referring to it as an "accident" and saying it hasn't been observed.
3) Confuses evolution with the big bang.
4) Does not understand the 2nd law of thermodynamics.
5) Gets the etymology wrong on the word "universe."
Despite what some people may say, evolution is also accepted by many, many Christians. Francis Collins is a major Christian proponent of evolution"