Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 106 to 118 of 118
  1. #106
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,690
    Reputation
    1963
    Thanks
    3,254
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon73 View Post
    but Jesus also said to go into the world and preach/teach what you have heard /seen.Jesus didn't come to earth to save the ones that thought they were just.If it wasn't for someone following Jesus commandment I would of never knew the true meaning of Salvation.So is it not those that are lost that are supposed to hear
    Neat..just one of the senseless contradictions in the Bible that made me not want to bother applying any of it's "teachings" to my life.

    And God claimed he was not the author of confusion, yet there is enough confusion in the scriptures to make your head spin.
    Clearly inspired by men, and not an all knowing, all powerful deity.

    Edit: I would also like to correct you on something also. Jesus directly told his disciples not to preach to gentiles,like the Samaritans for instance.Christ himself ministered mostly in Jewish temples,because the Jews were the chosen people to carry on Gods word.
    What He meant by "don't cast pearls" is Do not give the knowledge of God to people not willing to hear it,for they will only spit it right back at you.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 05-05-2011 at 03:00 PM.

  2. #107
    dragon73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    America
    Posts
    401
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    46
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I understand, that is like when the apostles were told that if they go to a city and the Word of God is not recieve with goodness to shake off even the sand from their sandles.I do understand what you mean buy this.Then we will get back onto the topic.

    Atheism in its' own being is a security blanket;so if there is no God, then no Judgemnet.
    So then atheists can do as they please because no fear of hell.So in a sense it too
    is a failsafe.Don't you agree?
    Can any man prove why anything exists?Can matter exist on its own?This is for you 2012 naysayers=The end is not near unless God Say so.

  3. #108
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive


    @Dragon73: mmmk.


  4. #109
    dragon73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    America
    Posts
    401
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    46
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Very amusing but it will not shake my faith,the message of Salvation in the Holy Bible is true and let everyman be a liar.I guess this is one of the films they going to be showing in hell.
    And yes there are a few contradictions,but the message of death in the Old testament was to purify the Nation of Israel.This no longer stands today because Jesus completed the 10 commandments,and died for our sins.

    Now I would like you to see this on You tube> Ph.D. Turns from Atheism to Christ
    tell me what you think.
    Last edited by dragon73; 05-05-2011 at 03:48 PM. Reason: added new topic
    Can any man prove why anything exists?Can matter exist on its own?This is for you 2012 naysayers=The end is not near unless God Say so.

  5. #110
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon73 View Post
    Very amusing but it will not shake my faith,the message of Salvation in the Holy Bible is true and let everyman be a liar.I guess this is one of the films they going to be showing in hell.
    And yes there are a few contradictions,but the message of death in the Old testament was to purify the Nation of Israel.This no longer stands today because Jesus completed the 10 commandments,and died for our sins.

    Now I would like you to see this on You tube> Ph.D. Turns from Atheism to Christ
    tell me what you think.
    Woah a person with a education believes something stupid? NO WAY.

    Oh appeals to authority...
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  6. #111
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon73 View Post
    Very amusing but it will not shake my faith,the message of Salvation in the Holy Bible is true and let everyman be a liar.I guess this is one of the films they going to be showing in hell.
    And yes there are a few contradictions,but the message of death in the Old testament was to purify the Nation of Israel.This no longer stands today because Jesus completed the 10 commandments,and died for our sins.

    Now I would like you to see this on You tube> Ph.D. Turns from Atheism to Christ
    tell me what you think.
    The point wasn't to shake your faith, it was to get you to stop spamming quotes with no explanation.


  7. #112
    dragon73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    America
    Posts
    401
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    46
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    The point wasn't to shake your faith, it was to get you to stop spamming quotes with no explanation.
    I've toned it down a bit don't you agree?But in all it was a nice video to watch.
    Can any man prove why anything exists?Can matter exist on its own?This is for you 2012 naysayers=The end is not near unless God Say so.

  8. #113
    .Raiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    599
    Reputation
    25
    Thanks
    38
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon73 View Post
    Atheism in its' own being is a security blanket;so if there is no God, then no Judgemnet.
    So then atheists can do as they please because no fear of hell.So in a sense it too
    is a failsafe.Don't you agree?
    I don't mean to reverse the progression of debate but let's back it up a couple of posts.

    Now you claim that God is existent, the Bible is true, and Christ will return. Correct?

    Now if you were to wholeheartedly believe in your convictions, and are either saved or on the path of salvation, then don't you think, by any standard of logic, that Atheism is the removal of such security blankets?

    As Atheists we are "exposing" ourselves to hell, to eternal condemnation. Where is the security blanket there? What if you and your fellow "Christians" (I try to use that terms as little as possible as the word has been skewed countless times) were right in saying the Bible is a work of non-fiction? That would mean hell for me. I can no longer save myself as I have rejected the thought of this supposed deity.

    Now if you were a "Christian", and you have been "saved", then you need not fear hell, for you have been righteous, and because "Christ" removed the barrier between Heaven and Earth you may enter for you have been forgiven. Now if the Atheist were correct, and there really is just the universe and no deity, or deities for that matter, then you need not fear also, for you have the same fate as everyone else.

    Don't you think that is the real security blanket. You "Christians" cover your own asses by following Christ just in case the Bible is correct. If it isn't then no biggy, you'll just get buried or cremated just like everyone else.

    tl;dr?

    Christians have a fail safe. Doesn't matter if they're wrong or right they won't go to hell.
    Atheists don't have a fail safe. If they're wrong they go to hell.

    See all that. That is how you put your point across. With proper grammar. Using rationality, logic, and reasoning.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to .Raiden For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Ethereal (05-05-2011),³²³ (05-13-2011)

  10. #114
    Sir Nathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In a 3rd World Country
    Posts
    1,328
    Reputation
    68
    Thanks
    132
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by .Raiden View Post
    I don't mean to reverse the progression of debate but let's back it up a couple of posts.

    Now you claim that God is existent, the Bible is true, and Christ will return. Correct?

    Now if you were to wholeheartedly believe in your convictions, and are either saved or on the path of salvation, then don't you think, by any standard of logic, that Atheism is the removal of such security blankets?

    As Atheists we are "exposing" ourselves to hell, to eternal condemnation. Where is the security blanket there? What if you and your fellow "Christians" (I try to use that terms as little as possible as the word has been skewed countless times) were right in saying the Bible is a work of non-fiction? That would mean hell for me. I can no longer save myself as I have rejected the thought of this supposed deity.

    Now if you were a "Christian", and you have been "saved", then you need not fear hell, for you have been righteous, and because "Christ" removed the barrier between Heaven and Earth you may enter for you have been forgiven. Now if the Atheist were correct, and there really is just the universe and no deity, or deities for that matter, then you need not fear also, for you have the same fate as everyone else.

    Don't you think that is the real security blanket. You "Christians" cover your own asses by following Christ just in case the Bible is correct. If it isn't then no biggy, you'll just get buried or cremated just like everyone else.

    tl;dr?

    Christians have a fail safe. Doesn't matter if they're wrong or right they won't go to hell.
    Atheists don't have a fail safe. If they're wrong they go to hell.

    See all that. That is how you put your point across. With proper grammar. Using rationality, logic, and reasoning.
    Yet, mere belief in Jesus and his crucifixion as being all you need to be saved is a controversial point. Not all of the gospels that were in circulation when the New Testament was compiled agreed that the crucifixion was an act of atonement. Nor when you really study the teachings of Jesus is this elementary thinking advocated. It is a little more complicated than merely believing in something. This means that it may not be so easy for just anyone to claim to be a Christian and have an easy path to heaven. It's not just 'Yeah I believe now I'll go to heaven'. People misunderstand the word Christian these days. Even though the dictionary may put it as 'belief in Jesus as Christ or following the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus'. Nah- not so easy. You have to understand Christianity, preach it and actually learn the teachings of Jesus. So no, not everyone claiming to be a Christian is an actual Christian.

    tl;dr?

    Your definition for Christian is wrong, for it seems to be that you see it as a simple matter of choice in order to win a free ticket to heaven. It's not just to believe in it.
    Last edited by Sir Nathan; 05-05-2011 at 07:40 PM.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sir Nathan For This Useful Post:

    dragon73 (05-05-2011)

  12. #115
    .Raiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    599
    Reputation
    25
    Thanks
    38
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by natiko View Post
    Yet, mere belief in Jesus and his crucifixion as being all you need to be saved is a controversial point. Not all of the gospels that were in circulation when the New Testament was compiled agreed that the crucifixion was an act of atonement. Nor when you really study the teachings of Jesus is this elementary thinking advocated. It is a little more complicated than merely believing in something. This means that it may not be so easy for just anyone to claim to be a Christian and have an easy path to heaven. It's not just 'Yeah I believe now I'll go to heaven'. People misunderstand the word Christian these days. Even though the dictionary may put it as 'belief in Jesus as Christ or following the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus'. Nah- not so easy. You have to understand Christianity, preach it and actually learn the teachings of Jesus. So no, not everyone claiming to be a Christian is an actual Christian.

    tl;dr?

    Your definition for Christian is wrong, for it seems to be that you see it as a simple matter of choice in order to win a free ticket to heaven. It's not just to believe in it.
    I never defined "Christianism". I merely stated that Christ's crucifixion as removing the barrier between Heaven and Earth. I never said that because of this anyone can go to Heaven. Notice I put "Christian" in inverted commas. I know what "Christian" means and I also know what it entails. You are merely assuming that I think like the majority, in saying that being "Christian" just means believing in God.

  13. #116
    ³²³'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    sef
    Posts
    302
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    19
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by .Raiden View Post
    I don't mean to reverse the progression of debate but let's back it up a couple of posts.

    Now you claim that God is existent, the Bible is true, and Christ will return. Correct?

    Now if you were to wholeheartedly believe in your convictions, and are either saved or on the path of salvation, then don't you think, by any standard of logic, that Atheism is the removal of such security blankets?

    As Atheists we are "exposing" ourselves to hell, to eternal condemnation. Where is the security blanket there? What if you and your fellow "Christians" (I try to use that terms as little as possible as the word has been skewed countless times) were right in saying the Bible is a work of non-fiction? That would mean hell for me. I can no longer save myself as I have rejected the thought of this supposed deity.

    Now if you were a "Christian", and you have been "saved", then you need not fear hell, for you have been righteous, and because "Christ" removed the barrier between Heaven and Earth you may enter for you have been forgiven. Now if the Atheist were correct, and there really is just the universe and no deity, or deities for that matter, then you need not fear also, for you have the same fate as everyone else.

    Don't you think that is the real security blanket. You "Christians" cover your own asses by following Christ just in case the Bible is correct. If it isn't then no biggy, you'll just get buried or cremated just like everyone else.

    tl;dr?

    Christians have a fail safe. Doesn't matter if they're wrong or right they won't go to hell.
    Atheists don't have a fail safe. If they're wrong they go to hell.


    See all that. That is how you put your point across. With proper grammar. Using rationality, logic, and reasoning.

    You are amazing. That entire post made my day. week maybe.

    Quote Originally Posted by $0WhaT ?
    Hey sherlock u cant put a keygen on a .php
    Quote Originally Posted by ³²³
    Keygen.php is not a valid vBulletin file. It's there for cracking purposes
    Quote Originally Posted by $0WhaT ?
    Maybe but idc it doesn mean i am a keylogger

  14. #117
    emo elmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    81
    Reputation
    11
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    No one likes you anyways... Bitch cunt fuck.

    That's why everyone is always telling you to gtfo in every single thread you post on.
    Fail troll just gtfo
    Yes, you ARE reading this.

  15. #118
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,342
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by ³²³ View Post
    You are amazing. That entire post made my day. week maybe.
    Thank you.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678