Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 68
  1. #1
    Rance-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ice
    Posts
    6,337
    Reputation
    653
    Thanks
    8,003

    Your favorite religion?

    Out of all the various religions in the world which do you agree with most and/or like the most?

  2. #2
    Logiaqw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Valley of Ashes
    Posts
    96
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    11
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Anything but Islam.
    But jokes aside. Probably anything temperate (Buddhism, Shinto). They ain't gonna hurt no body.


  3. #3
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Buddhism and shinto.

    Buddhism is peaceful while shinto is just fun.


  4. #4
    Frought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In the dark island
    Posts
    3,405
    Reputation
    156
    Thanks
    5,967
    My Mood
    Cool
    Islam and nothing other than it.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Frought For This Useful Post:

    Zuhrain (11-29-2013)

  6. #5
    Xenocide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    13,498
    Reputation
    2486
    Thanks
    9,913
    Cthulhuism, is mine.

  7. #6
    Lauritz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    MPGH
    Posts
    426
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    63
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Buddhism .
    Donator Since 2~12~13



  8. #7
    Ferris Bueller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    6,712
    Reputation
    409
    Thanks
    848
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Logiaqw View Post
    Anything but Islam.
    But jokes aside. Probably anything temperate (Buddhism, Shinto). They ain't gonna hurt no body.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Buddhism and shinto.

    Buddhism is peaceful while shinto is just fun.
    False. Buddhists are massacring muslims over at burma. The media ain't sayin shit.
    But yeah, buddhism and shinto are about as peaceful of a religion you can get. I spent 2 years with shaolin monks on a martial arts trip . Most of them are really great people with an extreme work ethic and discipline.

    "Religions are, by definition, metaphors, after all: God is a dream, a hope, a woman, an ironist, a father, a city, a house of many rooms, a watchmaker who left his prize chronometer in the desert, someone who loves you—even, perhaps, against all evidence, a celestial being whose only interest is to make sure your football team, army, business, or marriage thrives, prospers, and triumphs over all opposition. Religions are places to stand and look and act, vantage points from which to view the world. So none of this is happening. Such things could not occur. Never a word of it is literally true.”


  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ferris Bueller For This Useful Post:

    Frought (11-29-2013)

  10. #8
    Aborted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Shitpost Defense
    Posts
    17,623
    Reputation
    3137
    Thanks
    6,446
    My Mood
    Twisted
    None.
    Buddhism, though it's more of a lifestyle and philosophy than a definitive religion.
    I am the seer in the dark,
    the vagabond of yore,
    valediction.
    I am the sum of all your parts,
    and proprietor of all.
    A miasma,
    the conclusion,
    blackmonger of Inlé,
    valediction.
    Synapses fray,
    my form now vivid,
    as torpor sets and blood grows tepid.
    With every ounce of flesh now offered,
    I hold your corpse within my coffers.
    Knitted cells now split asunder,
    stand alongside me brother.
    Take your place amongst my Owsla,
    we march at dawn now and forever.


  11. #9
    Josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In the streets. No hobo.
    Posts
    6,390
    Reputation
    977
    Thanks
    1,007
    My Mood
    Blah
    I favor no religion.

     
    Official Middleman since: 30 January 2014
    Minion since: 3 May 2014
    Editor since: 13 May 2014
    Marine since: 10 November 1775

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I apologize to anyone who I have called autistic, for this is the most autistic thing I have ever seen. Thanks gbot.
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    You're the cancer of the marketplace. Someone vouch for me. +1


  12. #10
    demon204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    896
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post
    None.
    Buddhism, though it's more of a lifestyle and philosophy than a definitive religion.
    It actually is a religion not a philosophy. There are different types of buddhist. Some of them worship different buddhas and some even consider them the perfect being/dieties. How Ik because my mom is Buddhist and she worships the female buddhist called Kwan Yin.
    What your thinking of is theravada buddhism its a type of buddhism that is the direct teaching of the buddha. They do actually believe in gods but they don't care much about them. They care more about how people treat each other and such. Buddha was Hindu.

    Philosophies are more like Confucionism. Confucianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    My favorite religion Atheism or a religion that believe that other religion are not necessary. I think people should treat other nicely not for rewards such as going to heaven but rather because they want to.
    Last edited by demon204; 11-29-2013 at 01:41 AM.

  13. #11
    PsychoCookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    192
    Reputation
    72
    Thanks
    66
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    I'ts not a religion, but atheism.

  14. #12
    dre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    422
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    96
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Welp, I'm Christian. I believe in their beliefs but to a certain extent.. Christians believe God created humans. I don't. Evolution makes more sense than a God creating humans.. I believe in God, I just don't think he created us.

  15. #13
    -WhiteNoise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Desk.
    Posts
    50
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    2
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I like any religion that makes me laugh. For example, any religion that you praise one certain individual(Jesus,Allah, etc.). Most religions seem mindless and/or crazy.

  16. #14
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Johnson View Post




    False. Buddhists are massacring muslims over at burma. The media ain't sayin shit.
    But yeah, buddhism and shinto are about as peaceful of a religion you can get. I spent 2 years with shaolin monks on a martial arts trip . Most of them are really great people with an extreme work ethic and discipline.

    Buddhism as a religion is peaceful in its entirety. There is no aggression within the Buddhist practice and the people committing the crimes really aren't doing it in the name of buddhism at all.(I mean the majority of the population there is buddhist).


    :/


    The issue with burma seems to be more of a nationality/societal issue than a religious one. There hasn't really been anything linking Buddhism in this outside of "buddhist do this" just for the sake of headlines.


    Its funny, because if you saw the Japanese population you wouldn't refer to them as Shinto'ist or the Indian population as "hindu". The whole "buddhist" thing is really just for the sake of headlines.


  17. #15
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,342
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by demon204 View Post
    It actually is a religion not a philosophy. There are different types of buddhist. Some of them worship different buddhas and some even consider them the perfect being/dieties. How Ik because my mom is Buddhist and she worships the female buddhist called Kwan Yin.
    What your thinking of is theravada buddhism its a type of buddhism that is the direct teaching of the buddha. They do actually believe in gods but they don't care much about them. They care more about how people treat each other and such. Buddha was Hindu.

    Philosophies are more like Confucionism. Confucianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    My favorite religion Atheism or a religion that believe that other religion are not necessary. I think people should treat other nicely not for rewards such as going to heaven but rather because they want to.
    Atheism =! religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Eradicative View Post
    Welp, I'm Christian. I believe in their beliefs but to a certain extent.. Christians believe God created humans. I don't. Evolution makes more sense than a God creating humans.. I believe in God, I just don't think he created us.
    Just curious, but why do you think there is a God, but don't believe he created us? What kind of purpose does he have for you?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. whats your favorite rootkit remover?
    By dibola in forum General
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-24-2008, 04:25 AM
  2. What bagel is your favorite?
    By DC147 in forum Spammers Corner
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-25-2008, 08:59 AM
  3. Your Favorite dude is BACK!
    By gunot in forum General
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 03:41 PM
  4. Who is your favorite comedian of all time?
    By iverson954360 in forum General
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-09-2007, 04:49 PM
  5. Your favorite SCI-FI?
    By Dave84311 in forum SCI-FI
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 01-09-2006, 10:12 PM