Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 181
  1. #91
    Ferris Bueller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    6,712
    Reputation
    409
    Thanks
    848
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Yes but you don't need a religion for that....
    Sadly alot of people do.

    When there's nothing good out there, when you're losing loved ones and you don't know where your next meal is coming from, humans tend to just lose hope.

    So, giving them religion, something that will give them answers, will do alot to boost their hopes. For example, lying to someone and telling them, "Just keep being a good guy and you'll be rewarded after you die," will tend to get them to work better than, "Just keep being a good guy and everyone will be happy."

    Sort of like an ignorance is bliss type of thing. And really lets face it most people would rather sit and hear about how great heaven is than how huge the big bang was. Which means that religion would do better for someone's hopes than science.

    Reality sucks, so hitting people with lies is pretty damn effective at keeping them moving. Otherwise, smart people wouldn't have came up with religion to control us now would they?

    "Religions are, by definition, metaphors, after all: God is a dream, a hope, a woman, an ironist, a father, a city, a house of many rooms, a watchmaker who left his prize chronometer in the desert, someone who loves you—even, perhaps, against all evidence, a celestial being whose only interest is to make sure your football team, army, business, or marriage thrives, prospers, and triumphs over all opposition. Religions are places to stand and look and act, vantage points from which to view the world. So none of this is happening. Such things could not occur. Never a word of it is literally true.”


  2. #92
    solomonjo0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    hawai
    Posts
    229
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by xXwhitepandaXx View Post
    "Man has enslaved each other since they invented gods to forgive them for doing it." ~Abraham Lincoln~

    Thats the only reason I can think of why people believe..
    please your too funny Abraham is referring to slavery. He indeed was a vary Christian man.

  3. #93
    solomonjo0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    hawai
    Posts
    229
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Johnson View Post


    Sadly alot of people do.

    When there's nothing good out there, when you're losing loved ones and you don't know where your next meal is coming from, humans tend to just lose hope.

    So, giving them religion, something that will give them answers, will do alot to boost their hopes. For example, lying to someone and telling them, "Just keep being a good guy and you'll be rewarded after you die," will tend to get them to work better than, "Just keep being a good guy and everyone will be happy."

    Sort of like an ignorance is bliss type of thing. And really lets face it most people would rather sit and hear about how great heaven is than how huge the big bang was. Which means that religion would do better for someone's hopes than science.

    Reality sucks, so hitting people with lies is pretty damn effective at keeping them moving. Otherwise, smart people wouldn't have came up with religion to control us now would they?
    that theory is vary wildly spread that people created religion. And in many cases may be true. but do you really believe that we somehow magically or should I say "scientifically" became into existence. and if we did how come its not happing again ? I personally believe no matter what direction you look there had to be something that created us that lives in a more spiritual realm. everyone even chief scientists believe in a spiritual realm which they try to define but cant. you ask any professor and they will tell you they believe into a certain point of spirituality that as of now cannot be defined by science fully. since the begging men have wondered what it is and how to reach it weather your monk ,Christian, or Muslim they all know of life after death in a different realm. just watch all those videos on people who came back from the dead and had personal experience about what they seen or experienced. my dad happened to be one and before that we were atheists I always knew there was a spiritual realm and I always seen ghosts and stuff on YouTube and herd so many stories so I knew that all those people couldn't be lien . after my dad died he said he seen heaven and hell obviously ended up in hell. as wearied as this story sounds I knew he seen everything because he described his death from a third person view he seen all of us and how we reacted and what happened in the hospital and he was right about it all. so I do believe in that. and I believe one day science will be able to explain that. so personal story take it ass you wish. my dad was pronounced dead 3 times already and two of those times he had significant experiences.

  4. #94
    Ferris Bueller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    6,712
    Reputation
    409
    Thanks
    848
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by solomonjo0 View Post
    that theory is vary wildly spread that people created religion. And in many cases may be true. but do you really believe that we somehow magically or should I say "scientifically" became into existence. and if we did how come its not happing again ? I personally believe no matter what direction you look there had to be something that created us that lives in a more spiritual realm. everyone even chief scientists believe in a spiritual realm which they try to define but cant. you ask any professor and they will tell you they believe into a certain point of spirituality that as of now cannot be defined by science fully. since the begging men have wondered what it is and how to reach it weather your monk ,Christian, or Muslim they all know of life after death in a different realm. just watch all those videos on people who came back from the dead and had personal experience about what they seen or experienced. my dad happened to be one and before that we were atheists I always knew there was a spiritual realm and I always seen ghosts and stuff on YouTube and herd so many stories so I knew that all those people couldn't be lien . after my dad died he said he seen heaven and hell obviously ended up in hell. as wearied as this story sounds I knew he seen everything because he described his death from a third person view he seen all of us and how we reacted and what happened in the hospital and he was right about it all. so I do believe in that. and I believe one day science will be able to explain that. so personal story take it ass you wish. my dad was pronounced dead 3 times already and two of those times he had significant experiences.
    That wasn't my point -_-.


    Also the stories about people coming back from the dead are bs.

    If you are a person of religion, you would no that.(in no religion does coming back from death occur except in reincarnation) .

    "Religions are, by definition, metaphors, after all: God is a dream, a hope, a woman, an ironist, a father, a city, a house of many rooms, a watchmaker who left his prize chronometer in the desert, someone who loves you—even, perhaps, against all evidence, a celestial being whose only interest is to make sure your football team, army, business, or marriage thrives, prospers, and triumphs over all opposition. Religions are places to stand and look and act, vantage points from which to view the world. So none of this is happening. Such things could not occur. Never a word of it is literally true.”


  5. #95
    solomonjo0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    hawai
    Posts
    229
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    6
    dude Christianity had Jesus come back from the dead.......

    and I wasn't saying come back from the dead my dad was clinically pronounced dead after his first heart attack and only came back too life when they finally got him to the hospital. it was almost one of the longest deaths in Washington state. he came back with no brain damage and no other known illness other then his heart disease which he had already had. this itself was a miracle . next he seen and described everything that was happening after his dead to the DOT. this you can say was the second miracle even the doctors were amazed that he told them everything about his own surgery counting two of the nurses fainting in the process. last but not least he described how his should wandered up towards the sky and a bunch off other stuff that sounds funny to me alone because I never believed in any of this neither did he before his death. he said he arrived at a wired field were he roamed and the rest is going to sound like a bunch of bs so I wont bother explaining.

  6. #96
    Ferris Bueller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    6,712
    Reputation
    409
    Thanks
    848
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by solomonjo0 View Post
    dude Christianity had Jesus come back from the dead.......

    and I wasn't saying come back from the dead my dad was clinically pronounced dead after his first heart attack and only came back too life when they finally got him to the hospital. it was almost one of the longest deaths in Washington state. he came back with no brain damage and no other known illness other then his heart disease which he had already had. this itself was a miracle . next he seen and described everything that was happening after his dead to the DOT. this you can say was the second miracle even the doctors were amazed that he told them everything about his own surgery counting two of the nurses fainting in the process. last but not least he described how his should wandered up towards the sky and a bunch off other stuff that sounds funny to me alone because I never believed in any of this neither did he before his death. he said he arrived at a wired field were he roamed and the rest is going to sound like a bunch of bs so I wont bother explaining.
    And this story is relevant to my reply to Empire how exactly?

    Also remind me how jesus came back from the dad please.

    "Religions are, by definition, metaphors, after all: God is a dream, a hope, a woman, an ironist, a father, a city, a house of many rooms, a watchmaker who left his prize chronometer in the desert, someone who loves you—even, perhaps, against all evidence, a celestial being whose only interest is to make sure your football team, army, business, or marriage thrives, prospers, and triumphs over all opposition. Religions are places to stand and look and act, vantage points from which to view the world. So none of this is happening. Such things could not occur. Never a word of it is literally true.”


  7. #97
    solomonjo0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    hawai
    Posts
    229
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Johnson View Post


    And this story is relevant to my reply to Empire how exactly?

    Also remind me how jesus came back from the dad please.
    its a historical even in Jesus life that not only happened in the bible but also was written about by many other philosophers of that time. its history bro get with the program people just don't like the thought or just might not want to believe in this so they don't even approve of the studies but its just as real as any other form of written history. idk man im not going to try to convert you or anything because I was in the same seat as you a wile back ago and I woulda laughed in my own face for any of this shit. but I do suggest you learn the stories and history of everything before you preach against it.

  8. #98
    Ferris Bueller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    6,712
    Reputation
    409
    Thanks
    848
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by solomonjo0 View Post
    its a historical even in Jesus life that not only happened in the bible but also was written about by many other philosophers of that time. its history bro get with the program people just don't like the thought or just might not want to believe in this so they don't even approve of the studies but its just as real as any other form of written history. idk man im not going to try to convert you or anything because I was in the same seat as you a wile back ago and I woulda laughed in my own face for any of this shit. but I do suggest you learn the stories and history of everything before you preach against it.
    What the fuck are you on about?

    Do you even know me?

    I've been a muslims all my life. I've believed in a higher being and all the prophets that are spoken of. I've recieved several certificates from religious schools(muslim and non muslim) and I've read the Quran over 60 times, the bible over 20 times, and the torah about twice. I've also read more than my share of religious book ranging from buddhism to sikh.

    Before you try and come out here talking like you know me, why don't you come up with a valid argument?

    Otherwise, just kindly leave.

    "Religions are, by definition, metaphors, after all: God is a dream, a hope, a woman, an ironist, a father, a city, a house of many rooms, a watchmaker who left his prize chronometer in the desert, someone who loves you—even, perhaps, against all evidence, a celestial being whose only interest is to make sure your football team, army, business, or marriage thrives, prospers, and triumphs over all opposition. Religions are places to stand and look and act, vantage points from which to view the world. So none of this is happening. Such things could not occur. Never a word of it is literally true.”


  9. #99
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Johnson View Post


    Sadly alot of people do.

    When there's nothing good out there, when you're losing loved ones and you don't know where your next meal is coming from, humans tend to just lose hope.

    So, giving them religion, something that will give them answers, will do alot to boost their hopes. For example, lying to someone and telling them, "Just keep being a good guy and you'll be rewarded after you die," will tend to get them to work better than, "Just keep being a good guy and everyone will be happy."

    Sort of like an ignorance is bliss type of thing. And really lets face it most people would rather sit and hear about how great heaven is than how huge the big bang was. Which means that religion would do better for someone's hopes than science.

    Reality sucks, so hitting people with lies is pretty damn effective at keeping them moving. Otherwise, smart people wouldn't have came up with religion to control us now would they?
    Look I have no problem with people using religion for hope. However you still don't need religion to do that.

    Even in desperate situations, it's the acts from the belief that are the problem, not the belief itself.

    -Now logically and in the first world, yes, we can debate and prove religion wrong. Such as:

    Quote Originally Posted by solomonjo0 View Post
    that theory is vary wildly spread that people created religion. And in many cases may be true. but do you really believe that we somehow magically or should I say "scientifically" became into existence. and if we did how come its not happing again ? I personally believe no matter what direction you look there had to be something that created us that lives in a more spiritual realm. everyone even chief scientists believe in a spiritual realm which they try to define but cant. you ask any professor and they will tell you they believe into a certain point of spirituality that as of now cannot be defined by science fully. since the begging men have wondered what it is and how to reach it weather your monk ,Christian, or Muslim they all know of life after death in a different realm. just watch all those videos on people who came back from the dead and had personal experience about what they seen or experienced. my dad happened to be one and before that we were atheists I always knew there was a spiritual realm and I always seen ghosts and stuff on YouTube and herd so many stories so I knew that all those people couldn't be lien . after my dad died he said he seen heaven and hell obviously ended up in hell. as wearied as this story sounds I knew he seen everything because he described his death from a third person view he seen all of us and how we reacted and what happened in the hospital and he was right about it all. so I do believe in that. and I believe one day science will be able to explain that. so personal story take it ass you wish. my dad was pronounced dead 3 times already and two of those times he had significant experiences.
    Your misunderstanding with evolution and such is pretty sad.
    1. Truth =/= belief. Just because you believe something to be true, does not make it so.
    2. Evolution works over time, not instantaneously.
    3. Evolution is also something to substitute the evidence presented. If you have a better idea than "god created it" go ahead, let us hear it.
    4. The main reason "god created it" is disproven is simple, your god is no more real or tangible than another's god, which you believe to be false. It also has no evidence to support it outside of text, which is why the scientific community can't accept it.
    5. Paranoia of the spiritual realm leads to hallucinations. Again, belief does not equal truth.

    Quote Originally Posted by solomonjo0 View Post
    dude Christianity had Jesus come back from the dead.......

    and I wasn't saying come back from the dead my dad was clinically pronounced dead after his first heart attack and only came back too life when they finally got him to the hospital. it was almost one of the longest deaths in Washington state. he came back with no brain damage and no other known illness other then his heart disease which he had already had. this itself was a miracle . next he seen and described everything that was happening after his dead to the DOT. this you can say was the second miracle even the doctors were amazed that he told them everything about his own surgery counting two of the nurses fainting in the process. last but not least he described how his should wandered up towards the sky and a bunch off other stuff that sounds funny to me alone because I never believed in any of this neither did he before his death. he said he arrived at a wired field were he roamed and the rest is going to sound like a bunch of bs so I wont bother explaining.

    Jesus was also God. To say he actually "died" is pretty silly.

    Hmm, you seem to be misunderstanding "being dead". You see this entails not being able to come back to life. Your father was never "dead" but in a state that resembles it. It happens a lot, but doesn't mean he "came back from the dead" lol.


    E=solomonjo0;9340627]its a historical even in Jesus life that not only happened in the bible but also was written about by many other philosophers of that time. its history bro get with the program people just don't like the thought or just might not want to believe in this so they don't even approve of the studies but its just as real as any other form of written history. idk man im not going to try to convert you or anything because I was in the same seat as you a wile back ago and I woulda laughed in my own face for any of this shit. but I do suggest you learn the stories and history of everything before you preach against it.[/QUOTE]


    It's a historical event according to a religion. No more historical than the birth of Zeus or how Fenrir bit Tyr's hand.

    You seem to misunderstand again, that belief does not equate to truth.

    "It's history bro, get with the program", really, Jesus didn't historically rise from the grave. In fact the only contribution you can make to Jesus in a history book is him founding Christianity.
    --------------------------
    Last edited by Empire; 02-26-2014 at 07:25 PM.


  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

    Ferris Bueller (02-26-2014)

  11. #100
    solomonjo0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    hawai
    Posts
    229
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Look I have no problem with people using religion for hope. However you still don't need religion to do that.

    Even in desperate situations, it's the acts from the belief that are the problem, not the belief itself.

    -Now logically and in the first world, yes, we can debate and prove religion wrong. Such as:

    do it your way .birth of Zeus had no witness. resurrection of Christ had many and was a phenomenon across the globe. even scholars who believed in Greek mythology and roman Gods came to believe the true God Jesus Christ who resurrected. Even pilot the roman who crucified him wrote of how miserable he was for allowing such an action and repenting for what he did as well as converting to Christianity. consenting the 11th in Constantinople made it his primary religion of his people years later. This is all from my research point of view the bible teaches none of this. this is research ive done that prove God / Jesus is real without looking into the bible since most people don't believe the bible. even romans who had other Gods wrote of Jesus and how he saved them. from all this history and all this information you cant simply just say he doesn't exist like Greek mythology you also cant say its silly that a God died because you do not know the purpose of his death and why he had to die. so research that a little before you say its silly because there is a hole concept on why he died mainly for people like me and you to believe. and be free. you are ignorant and choose not to believe because you do not believe there is proof. when truly there is proof all around you happing every day. miracles like this happen every day they just don't make it too the news because it would offended others . go and see for yourself if its not for you its a shame but come to believe and you will surly see miracles especially when you look for them.


    Your misunderstanding with evolution and such is pretty sad.
    1. Truth =/= belief. Just because you believe something to be true, does not make it so.
    2. Evolution works over time, not instantaneously.
    3. Evolution is also something to substitute the evidence presented. If you have a better idea than "god created it" go ahead, let us hear it.
    4. The main reason "god created it" is disproven is simple, your god is no more real or tangible than another's god, which you believe to be false. It also has no evidence to support it outside of text, which is why the scientific community can't accept it.
    5. Paranoia of the spiritual realm leads to hallucinations. Again, belief does not equal truth.




    Jesus was also God. To say he actually "died" is pretty silly.

    Hmm, you seem to be misunderstanding "being dead". You see this entails not being able to come back to life. Your father was never "dead" but in a state that resembles it. It happens a lot, but doesn't mean he "came back from the dead" lol.


    E=solomonjo0;9340627]its a historical even in Jesus life that not only happened in the bible but also was written about by many other philosophers of that time. its history bro get with the program people just don't like the thought or just might not want to believe in this so they don't even approve of the studies but its just as real as any other form of written history. idk man im not going to try to convert you or anything because I was in the same seat as you a wile back ago and I woulda laughed in my own face for any of this shit. but I do suggest you learn the stories and history of everything before you preach against it.



    It's a historical event according to a religion. No more historical than the birth of Zeus or how Fenrir bit Tyr's hand.

    You seem to misunderstand again, that belief does not equate to truth.

    "It's history bro, get with the program", really, Jesus didn't historically rise from the grave. In fact the only contribution you can make to Jesus in a history book is him founding Christianity.
    --------------------------
    [/QUOTE]

  12. #101
    solomonjo0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    hawai
    Posts
    229
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Johnson View Post


    What the fuck are you on about?

    Do you even know me?

    I've been a muslims all my life. I've believed in a higher being and all the prophets that are spoken of. I've recieved several certificates from religious schools(muslim and non muslim) and I've read the Quran over 60 times, the bible over 20 times, and the torah about twice. I've also read more than my share of religious book ranging from buddhism to sikh.

    Before you try and come out here talking like you know me, why don't you come up with a valid argument?

    Otherwise, just kindly leave.
    please stop bullshitting yourself you must of bought those degrees reread what you said earlier you contradicted your own religion and you just said Fuck isn't it a sin to speak anything without meaning in the muslem religion bro get your facts striate id say your a ten year old boy boasting about something you haven't seen.

  13. #102
    solomonjo0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    hawai
    Posts
    229
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    6
    Reality sucks, so hitting people with lies is pretty damn effective at keeping them moving. Otherwise, smart people wouldn't have came up with religion to control us now would they?

    oh and your Muslim right right... so your saying your a devoted Muslim yet you state that religion is made to bind us??? kid at least re read your own texts please. religion and its beliefs can be wrong because it becomes a practice rather then a belief so yeah religion did kill Christ so it is wrong to practice without the key which is faith.

  14. #103
    solomonjo0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    hawai
    Posts
    229
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Johnson View Post


    What the fuck are you on about?

    Do you even know me?

    I've been a muslims all my life. I've believed in a higher being and all the prophets that are spoken of. I've recieved several certificates from religious schools(muslim and non muslim) and I've read the Quran over 60 times, the bible over 20 times, and the torah about twice. I've also read more than my share of religious book ranging from buddhism to sikh.

    Before you try and come out here talking like you know me, why don't you come up with a valid argument?

    Otherwise, just kindly leave.
    devoted Muslim all my life !@!!!! you make me laugh read this right here what you said earlier >>>>

    Reality sucks, so hitting people with lies is pretty damn effective at keeping them moving. Otherwise, smart people wouldn't have came up with religion to control us now would they?

  15. #104
    solomonjo0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    hawai
    Posts
    229
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    6
    OKAY guys im done arguing this isn't even a reasonable debate you guys don't know much about Christianity to start with, so I don't suggest stating that God isn't real without proper facts to prove it. also without contradicting yourselves in the process .your just trying to start a fight without having anything to back it up. long story short maybe you can say that God is fake but I wouldn't suggest it because there are hundreds of thousands of miracles around the world left unanswered without a God that did them.

  16. #105
    Ferris Bueller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    6,712
    Reputation
    409
    Thanks
    848
    My Mood
    Hot
    Well I'm really not religious anymore but i also never said anything about god or islam...

    All i said was why people created religions.

    I think you're trolling. I hope you're trolling.

    "Religions are, by definition, metaphors, after all: God is a dream, a hope, a woman, an ironist, a father, a city, a house of many rooms, a watchmaker who left his prize chronometer in the desert, someone who loves you—even, perhaps, against all evidence, a celestial being whose only interest is to make sure your football team, army, business, or marriage thrives, prospers, and triumphs over all opposition. Religions are places to stand and look and act, vantage points from which to view the world. So none of this is happening. Such things could not occur. Never a word of it is literally true.”


Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How can you screw up this bad?
    By Kallisti in forum General
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 07:04 PM
  2. How Can you Tell
    By Wax. in forum Combat Arms Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2010, 01:22 AM
  3. how can you get ip banned?
    By xxkingthugxx in forum Combat Arms Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-11-2009, 01:51 AM
  4. How can you super jump or have super speed?
    By wesman17 in forum General Hacking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 06:12 PM
  5. how can you bypass op7 so u dont get banned, do they ip ban?
    By ydocsmada in forum Soldier Front General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-16-2009, 07:01 AM