Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 139
  1. #16
    Confluency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,312
    Reputation
    142
    Thanks
    241
    My Mood
    Amused
    Absolutely not.
    My mother was a Christin and father was a Muslim and they both heavily believed in God, but they did not care which religion I chose as long as I worshiped God.

    Fortunately as a kid I always had common sense, things like Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy were very obvious to me that they didn't exist. Had a feeling at age 8-10 that the whole "God is real" belief didn't register with me and it was almost like my brain wouldn't allow myself to believe something like that, but of course being in a predominantly religious household I forced myself to believe in God. Then came Highschool where I started viewing myself as an "Agnostic" or a "Pussy Atheist". I was too afraid to admit I didn't believe in God, and then in Grade Ten I just decided fuck religion and thought to myself how could I possibly believe in a God and fast forward two years later I'm a full blown atheist and can't stand Christians or Muslims alike
    Been around these parts since '10.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Confluency For This Useful Post:

    isosplz (07-20-2016)

  3. #17
    Poobb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    30
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    3
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Of course i do.

  4. #18
    Dot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Right behind ya.
    Posts
    6,869
    Reputation
    436
    Thanks
    764
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Nope.. Never had a valid reason to believe something like this..
    Post Goals:
    6,000
    6,500
    7,000
    7,500

    Thanks Goal:
    650
    700
    750
    800


    Music video:

    Signatures:



    Signature Gif:


  5. #19
    Bboy-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    140
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    10
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Yes i Do and 100%

  6. #20
    yungjihad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    USA ✈️ Syria
    Posts
    105
    Reputation
    77
    Thanks
    34
    My Mood
    Dead
    i've got a cool kind of story i guess.

    so i was diagnosed with astigmatism when i was around 5, which just means my eyes are shaped a bit weird so my eyesight is fucked. when i was about 12 my friend told me about some famous spiritual healer that was gonna be at his church. i convinced my mom to take me cus i was sort of religious at the time. while we were waiting for the sermon to start, the jesus magician came up to me and asked me what was wrong with my eyes so i told him. then later on into his show he waved his hand in my direction and said he sensed a troubled soul. he walked up to me and said "SON IVE NEVER MET YOU BEFORE HAVE I?" and then held the mic to my face. i was so caught off guard cus he totally had talked to me before his magic show, and out of shock i lied to the entire crowd and said no. he then proceeded to cure me of cataracts, a completely different eye problem from the one i actually do have. after that day i was convinced that all religion was bullshit. fast forward like ten years and i still have astigmatism kek

    tl;dr magic jesus man made me lie to an entire church and cured me of a disease i never actually had

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to yungjihad For This Useful Post:

    gsrry (04-06-2017)

  8. #21
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by yungjihad View Post
    i've got a cool kind of story i guess.

    so i was diagnosed with astigmatism when i was around 5, which just means my eyes are shaped a bit weird so my eyesight is fucked. when i was about 12 my friend told me about some famous spiritual healer that was gonna be at his church. i convinced my mom to take me cus i was sort of religious at the time. while we were waiting for the sermon to start, the jesus magician came up to me and asked me what was wrong with my eyes so i told him. then later on into his show he waved his hand in my direction and said he sensed a troubled soul. he walked up to me and said "SON IVE NEVER MET YOU BEFORE HAVE I?" and then held the mic to my face. i was so caught off guard cus he totally had talked to me before his magic show, and out of shock i lied to the entire crowd and said no. he then proceeded to cure me of cataracts, a completely different eye problem from the one i actually do have. after that day i was convinced that all religion was bullshit. fast forward like ten years and i still have astigmatism kek

    tl;dr magic jesus man made me lie to an entire church and cured me of a disease i never actually had


    Faith Healing doesn't work. I wish people weren't so gullible, but they are. If FH worked, we'd have a FH wing in every hospital.

    Most FH's just like in your story will meet someone in the audience, then go "I healed them". The reason FH's actually make a profit is that they continually travel. If they stayed in one place their bullshit would be found out pretty quick.

    Cataracts is also fixable.

    So at most the guy would have saved you a couple thousand dollars lol.
    Last edited by Empire; 06-25-2015 at 08:17 PM.


  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

    isosplz (07-20-2016)

  10. #22
    Kongou.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,358
    Reputation
    85
    Thanks
    201
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post




    Faith Healing doesn't work. I wish people weren't so gullible, but they are. If FH worked, we'd have a FH wing in every hospital.

    Most FH's just like in your story will meet someone in the audience, then go "I healed them". The reason FH's actually make a profit is that they continually travel. If they stayed in one place their bullshit would be found out pretty quick.

    Cataracts is also fixable.

    So at most the guy would have saved you a couple thousand dollars lol.
    I pray to an imaginary God whenever I'm scared to walk through somewhere dark by myself. Keeps me from peeing myself if I see a demon or a ghost you know. Some people don't believe in them because they can rationalize that shit but I can't! I'm horribly scared of like Abandoned insane asylums and shit with like stories of ghosts and stuff

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kongou. For This Useful Post:

    gsrry (04-06-2017)

  12. #23
    Trollmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    i live in my chair
    Posts
    188
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    18
    he can be real but lol no

  13. #24
    Dot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Right behind ya.
    Posts
    6,869
    Reputation
    436
    Thanks
    764
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatenashi Sarashiki. View Post
    I pray to an imaginary God whenever I'm scared to walk through somewhere dark by myself. Keeps me from peeing myself if I see a demon or a ghost you know. Some people don't believe in them because they can rationalize that shit but I can't! I'm horribly scared of like Abandoned insane asylums and shit with like stories of ghosts and stuff
    The question is, have you seen a ghost in your life that makes you "so" scared to go through dark alleys and abandoned insane asylums.. Believe me or not, when I was around 13-16 I had same fear as you, but I made myself believe that there's no some retarded demons and ghosts, because if they were real, nobody would go out in the dark and what not.
    Post Goals:
    6,000
    6,500
    7,000
    7,500

    Thanks Goal:
    650
    700
    750
    800


    Music video:

    Signatures:



    Signature Gif:


  14. #25
    Gill Bates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    /online
    Posts
    1,059
    Reputation
    122
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Happy
    I have faith/hope.
    But to answer your question, no.

  15. #26
    Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    4,165
    Reputation
    1072
    Thanks
    1,282
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by iCudi View Post
    I have faith/hope.
    But to answer your question, no.
    suck a nigga dick


    Middleman | August 2015
    Publicist | September 2015
    Battlefield Minion | September 2015
    NewsForce | February 2016
    Former Staff | February 2016
    Middleman | May 2017
    Fire MM | May 2017

  16. #27
    DirkZiff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    36
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    32
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Gоd іs Rеаl Тhе сhаnсеs оf аll оf thіs соmрlех unіvеrsе hарреnіng wіthоut thе ехіstеnсе оf аn іnvоlvеd Gоd whо саrеs аbоut hіs сrеаtіоn аrе lеss thаn а mіllіоn bіllіоn tо оnе. Іt іs kіnd оf lаmе tо bеlіеvе іn сhаnсе whеn thе оdds аrе thаt lоw. І dоn't еvеn bоthеr tо рlау thе lоttеrу bесаusе а mіllіоn tо оnе іs tоо lоw. Іt's muсh еаsіеr tо bеlіеvе іn Gоd thаn tо bеlіеvе thе оnе іn оnе mіllіоn bіllіоn сhаnсе thаt Не dоеs nоt ехіst аnd саrе аbоut whаt Не mаdе.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to DirkZiff For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Shadow (11-17-2015)

  18. #28
    Hunter Jr.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Cyrodiil
    Posts
    1,679
    Reputation
    335
    Thanks
    421
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkZiff View Post
    Gоd іs Rеаl Тhе сhаnсеs оf аll оf thіs соmрlех unіvеrsе hарреnіng wіthоut thе ехіstеnсе оf аn іnvоlvеd Gоd whо саrеs аbоut hіs сrеаtіоn аrе lеss thаn а mіllіоn bіllіоn tо оnе
    1. Million billion is not a number. You have not provided any basis to prove this either. "common sense" is not a valid argument, either.

    2. Explain to me this: Logically from a mathematical standpoint, if it takes 3 days to create the Earth, then by logic according to the size of the Sun, it takes 998,700 days to create our Sun. Take in mind this is a simple, basic, medium sized star. Now, compare that to a star like UY Scuti. (Look it up for size comparison). We aren't going to go into that. Using the sun as reference, by logic, to create all 800 billion galaxies that exist in the universe, it would take approximately 49 octillion days to complete. Wondering what that number is? 49 with 27 zeros after it.

    3. Belief does not equate to fact. Just because it is easier to believe in something does not mean it is the truth. That's appeal to faith, incorrect.

    4. You change your previous statement of a "million billion" to a "million". Again you fail to prove any of that chance.
    Last edited by Hunter Jr.; 11-13-2015 at 02:09 PM.

  19. #29
    HendrixPage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    55
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    49
    I used to believe that there is a God, but well.. I grew up. Nope.

  20. #30
    megabbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    30
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    YES! I believe!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Do you believe in God or angels?
    By Jack in forum General
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12-30-2011, 05:55 PM
  2. Do you believe in god(s)?
    By BackInAction in forum Religion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-22-2011, 01:09 AM
  3. Do you believe in God/a higher being?
    By Casavir in forum Religion
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 01-16-2011, 07:45 PM
  4. Would you believe in god IF...
    By Canadian in forum General
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-30-2010, 05:28 PM
  5. Would you still believe in God...?
    By arunforce in forum Debate Fort
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 07-01-2010, 10:16 AM