Thread: Islam is Fear.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by pointystar View Post
    Please think twice before you slander an entire religion.
    I hate religions, but like (most) religious people
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Your logic is very flawed. You are criticizing 7th century with a 21st century mind. You want to play that card? Fine. Who started the Crusades? Who came to Jerusalem and start raping women, killing children, plundering and pillaging cities? Who slaughtered the innocent masses of Jews and Muslims? Then ask yourself about Saladin, the great leader who took back Jerusalem, and STILL allowed Christians free passage even after the viscous actions they have committed.

Lets get to the peaceful side of the Muslims. Muslims were great scholars, scientists, and artists, influencing those fields for the rest of time. Avicenna, the great scholar, wrote a medicinal which was used as a textbook for 600 in medical universities.

Translation of Greek and Roman texts encouraged further education, and Renaissnance writers also have adopted this from Islamic scholars. Islam promotes education as the most important thing of life. Be educated, you have the approval of your peers.

Today, it's these extremists that claim themselves promoters if Islam that destroy its reputation. We are not all extremist. The actions of these idiots do reflect the entire population. Are all Americans Jeffrey Dahmers? Chris Dormers? Timothy McVeighs? No, these are mentally unstable people.

​Deny it as you wish, but almost every religion on Earth breeds hate and intolerance towards outsiders. It's not exclusive to Islam, nor are we stating as such.
    I am the seer in the dark,
    the vagabond of yore,
    valediction.
    I am the sum of all your parts,
    and proprietor of all.
    A miasma,
    the conclusion,
    blackmonger of Inlé,
    valediction.
    Synapses fray,
    my form now vivid,
    as torpor sets and blood grows tepid.
    With every ounce of flesh now offered,
    I hold your corpse within my coffers.
    Knitted cells now split asunder,
    stand alongside me brother.
    Take your place amongst my Owsla,
    we march at dawn now and forever.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Your logic is very flawed. You are criticizing 7th century with a 21st century mind. You want to play that card? Fine. Who started the Crusades? Who came to Jerusalem and start raping women, killing children, plundering and pillaging cities? Who slaughtered the innocent masses of Jews and Muslims? Then ask yourself about Saladin, the great leader who took back Jerusalem, and STILL allowed Christians free passage even after the viscous actions they have committed.

Lets get to the peaceful side of the Muslims. Muslims were great scholars, scientists, and artists, influencing those fields for the rest of time. Avicenna, the great scholar, wrote a medicinal which was used as a textbook for 600 in medical universities.

Translation of Greek and Roman texts encouraged further education, and Renaissnance writers also have adopted this from Islamic scholars. Islam promotes education as the most important thing of life. Be educated, you have the approval of your peers.

Today, it's these extremists that claim themselves promoters if Islam that destroy its reputation. We are not all extremist. The actions of these idiots do reflect the entire population. Are all Americans Jeffrey Dahmers? Chris Dormers? Timothy McVeighs? No, these are mentally unstable people.

Oh i'm sorry, If another religion has bad things with it, its fine for Islam?

It isn't, stupid argument avoided.

Thanks

The problem is the belief in god. You claim that education is the most important thing in Islam, yet you base your education around faith. Faith in a book which your "prophet" claimed was from "god". The concept faith isn't based on rational thoughts or experiences. Sure your religion contributed to medicine, but that was in the Islamic Golden Age. When Islam was still a new religion. In the past 100 years how many contributions have Islamic scientist made to science versus scientist whom don't base their work on the Qur'an or religion at all ? The scientific minds in the present day of your religion have been reduced to proving the validity of your holy book as opposed to actual scientific progress. Sure, your religion might have started off pretty great but as our knowledge of the world expands it becomes more and more irrelevant. Sure you can go bend science around your book but it doesn't mean it's not getting more irrelevant by the day.The problem with one god is that it asks us to succumb to a far more naive explanation of life. A single divine light to every mystery. Your believers claim that this light brings truth and love but instead it forces us to stumble around blindly in ignorance. On top of all of this, religions with single gods all promise terrible punishments if you reject them. The combination of how easy it is to just submit and the wide spread ignorance it preaches makes your religion worst than terrorism. In ancient times, Pagan faiths recognized different forces in nature as different gods. Sure, it may have been flawed but at least it was an attempt to categorize, study and explain nature. Religion is possibly the greatest lie ever told. Now that we have knowledge at our disposal so conveniently it's time to move on.
    Last edited by noob555; 05-01-2013 at 01:31 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to noob555 For This Useful Post:

Aborted (04-30-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    The problem is the belief in god. You claim that education is the most important thing in Islam, yet you base your education around faith. Faith in a book which your "prophet" claimed was from "god". The concept faith isn't based on rational thoughts or experiences. Sure your religion contributed to medicine, but that was in the Islamic Golden Age. When Islam was still a new religion. In the past 100 years how many contributions have Islamic scientist made to science versus scientist whom don't based their work on the Qur'an or religion at all ? The scientific minds in the present day of your religion have been reduced to proving the validity of your holy book as opposed to actual scientific progress. Sure, your religion might have started off pretty great but as our knowledge of the world expands it becomes more and more irrelevant. Sure you can go bend science around your book but it doesn't mean it's not getting more irrelevant by the day.The problem with one god is that it asks us to succumb to a far more naive explanation of life. A single divine light to every mystery. Your believers claim that this light brings truth and love but instead it forces us to stumble around blindly in ignorance. On top of all of this, religions with single gods all promise terrible punishments if you reject them. The combination of how easy it is to just submit and the wide spread ignorance it preaches makes your religion worst than terrorism. In ancient times, Pagan faiths recognized different forces in nature as different gods. Sure, it may have been flawed but at least it was an attempt to categorize, study and explain nature. Religion is possibly the greatest lie ever told. Now that we have knowledge at our disposal so conveniently it's time to move on.
    ​Well said my friend, well said.
    I am the seer in the dark,
    the vagabond of yore,
    valediction.
    I am the sum of all your parts,
    and proprietor of all.
    A miasma,
    the conclusion,
    blackmonger of Inlé,
    valediction.
    Synapses fray,
    my form now vivid,
    as torpor sets and blood grows tepid.
    With every ounce of flesh now offered,
    I hold your corpse within my coffers.
    Knitted cells now split asunder,
    stand alongside me brother.
    Take your place amongst my Owsla,
    we march at dawn now and forever.

Thanks
    Completely agree, but:

In the koran, it says that you should make your existence on this world as if you'd be out for a hike. You don't settle down permanently. Thats basically what they are all on about, they don't think they'll stay here forever.

But then again, no matter how religious you are, no matter how much you believe in the afterlife, you will always keep a sense of fear for death as it is a normal human thing to not ever be completely sure about something that has not been proven yet, in any manner.

The majority of the current islam fighters are actually fighting for their rights, for the discrimination and humiliation they had to bear, and only a few who have been brainwashed fight for the religion itself.

The major thing in the islam used to convince people is fear, and next comes the big reward.
    If someone tried to spread a religion now, they'd be seen for crazy and laughed at(or killed if done in the wrong part of the world).
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Fear for your life is fine. Survival instinct is a part of life.

Now manipulating people with that is wrong. Islam does such.

Honesty is an expensive gift do not expect it from cheap people!
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Fear for your life is fine. Survival instinct is a part of life.

Now manipulating people with that is wrong. Islam does such.
    Its more like an offer.. Risk your life and you might get eternal happiness
    woot
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post

Its more like an offer.. Risk your life and you might get eternal happiness
    woot
    And to deny is death. Woot?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    And to deny is death. Woot?
    5 Stages of Grief
    Gogogo
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    Did anyone see the video I posted above, or just ignoring it?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Matroix73 View Post
    Did anyone see the video I posted above, or just ignoring it?
    They ignore that because they know that islam is the true religion , but they're just a haters.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    Yeah and also I made a topic and nobody cares!!
    hahah that's good.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by [D]opeDog View Post

They ignore that because they know that islam is the true religion , but they're just a haters.
    What are you smoking?

Some of us have better things to do than respond to every stupid "convert" video.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast