Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed

MPGH News - 91st Edition

91st Edition - January 25th, 2016
    [insert creative one liner here]

Who Will Be The New GTA5 Minion?
    Minion applications are now open for the popular game Grand Theft Auto V. Currently 6 people have applied. If you're thinking about applying or want to show your support for the applicants, head on over here.

- If you are interested in getting closer with the MPGH community without any restrictions via Skype, you can apply to join the MPGH-1 Skype Chat here.
    - If you are interested in getting closer with the League of Legends (LoL) and/or the Realm of the Mad God (ROTMG) community and you meet the requirements, make sure to drop by and apply to be part of the Official MPGH League of Legends Official Skype Group here and/or of the Official MPGH Realm of the Mad God Skype Group here.
    - If you are active in the Grand Theft Auto (GTA) V section and would like to become a Minion for it, then feel free to drop by and apply here.

• @EgoRaptor is no longer a News Force Freelancer.
    • @Jme is no longer a Contributor.
    • @ForeverRed is no longer a Contributor.
    • @Flengo is no longer a Contributor as well as a News Force Interviewer.
    • @Kr4ken is no longer a Contributor.
    • @Six is now a News Force Interviewer.

Donations:

If you are interested in obtaining a premium membership and donating to MPGH, please go here to read about all the benefits Premium Member has!

None this week.

If you are interested in donating to the Publicists Team, please go here and read all about it.

Birthdays:

Postbans:
    • @Hydra achieved 5,000 posts! Congratulations!

Staff Changes:

Promotions:
    • @Dickhad is the new Head Administrator. Congratulations!

Demotions/Resignations:
    None this week.

Head Administrator
    [MPGH]Dave84311

Administrator
    [MPGH]arunforce

Staff Administrator
    [MPGH]Liz

Global Moderators
    [MPGH]BACKD00R
    [MPGH]Flengo
    [MPGH]Hero
    [MPGH]Mayion

Moderators
    [MPGH]FanticSteal
    (Dragon Nest Hacks & Cheats, Market Place and Vindictus Hacks & Cheats)
    [MPGH]NormenJaydenFBI
    (ArmA 3 Hacks & Cheats, BattleOn Games Hacks, Cheats & Trainers, DayZ Mod & Standalone Hacks & Cheats, Minecraft Hacks & Cheats, Steam Games Hacks & Cheats)

Minions
    [MPGH]akim14
    (Call of Duty Hacks & Cheats, Grand Theft Auto (GTA) Hacks & Cheats and Grand Theft Auto (GTA) V Hacks & Cheats)
    [MPGH]Arun's Shitstain
    (Call of Duty Hacks & Cheats and Grand Theft Auto (GTA) V Hacks & Cheats)
    [MPGH]Batman
    (Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats, League of Legends Hacks & Cheats, MapleStory Hacks & Cheats, Other First Person Shooter Hacks and Other Semi-Popular Hacks & Cheats)
    [MPGH]Black
    (BattleOn Games Hacks, Cheats & Trainers, Call of Duty Hacks & Cheats and Dayz Mod & Standalone Hacks & Cheats)
    [MPGH]Boombox
    (General)
    [MPGH]Democritus
    (Call of Duty Hacks & Cheats, Crossfire Hacks & Cheats, League of Legends Hacks & Cheats and Runescape Hacks / Bots)
    [MPGH]DarkLordXYZ
    (Market Place)
    [MPGH]Hunter
    (Alliance of Valiant Arms (AVA) Hacks & Cheats, League of Legends Hacks & Cheats and Steam Games Hacks & Cheats)
    [MPGH]krazyshank
    (Realm of the Mad God Hacks & Cheats and Trove Hacks & Cheats)
    [MPGH]Paralyze
    (Battlefield Hacks & Cheats)
    [MPGH]Raple
    (Minecraft Hacks & Cheats and Realm of the Mad God Hacks & Cheats)
    [MPGH]Saboteur
    (General)
    [MPGH]Smoke
    (Blackshot Hacks & Cheats and Steam Games Hacks & Cheats)
    [MPGH]Paralyze
    (Battlefield Hacks & Cheats)
    [MPGH]Yamiez
    (Other MMPORG Hacks and Steam Games Hacks & Cheats)

Game Hacking
    [MPGH]master131

Official Middlemen
    [MPGH]Cursed
    [MPGH]DarkLordXYZ
    [MPGH]Maxedout
    [MPGH]Shadow

Publicists
    [MPGH]Democritus
    [MPGH]Flengo
    [MPGH]Hunter
    [MPGH]EgoRaptor

GFX Team
    MPGH]Democritus
    [MPGH]EgoRaptor
    [MPGH]Raple

Hot Threads:

Massive tremor hits south-central Alaska
    A magnitude 7.1 earthquake hit south central Alaska with a bang knocking "items of shelves and walls" early Sunday morning. There were no injuries, but four homes were "lost to explosions or fire following the quake." A entire neighborhood was also evacuated after a gas leak was reported. The earthquake hit at about 1:30 a.m. Alaska time, waking the entire town, with sights of some destruction as they walked out their front doors.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-geological-******-magnitude-6-8-earthquake-south-central-alaska/

Teen who Killed Swede and Put Snake on His Neck Will Undergo Psychiatric Test
    A 16 year old teen was charged with killing a 54 year old man, which was labeled a hate crime by authorities, saying the teen targeted the man because he was a homosexual. The police claim that the teen killed the victim in an apartment he shared with his partner. The victim was found with a snake around his neck. Police were able to recover a video on the teens phone depicting him and another shouting obscenities at the dead man as he was laying on the floor dressed in woman's clothing. The two attempted to delete the video but police were able to retrieve it, strengthening their case against the boys. The teenager claims he was protecting himself, and acted out in self defense claiming the man was attempting to force the young teenager to have sex with him.

By 2050, our oceans will hold more plastic than fish
    The use of plastic has increased "20-fold" in the past half a century; and production of this material is expected to "double within the next 20 years, and quadruple within the next 50 years." It is also reported that nearly a third of all plastic packaging "escapes collection systems." There are a TON of materials like this right now in our oceans. "As for where the rest goes, more than 8 million tons of plastics end up entering our oceans each year, where the pieces can survive for hundreds of years. There are believed to be 165 million tons of it in the ocean right now. We're dumping the equivalent of one garbage truck's worth into the ocean per minute; that's projected to jump to four per minute by 2050, according to a report released Tuesday by the World Economic Forum and Ellen MacArthur Foundation."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/01/24/oceans-more-plastic-than-fish/79267192/

Battlefield Hacks & Cheats

This week we are featuring the Battlefield Hacks & Cheats section, which was the first section where our current Global Moderator @Mayion started moderating in. Battlefield is a First Person Shooter (FPS) game which has a lot of different editions, ranging from the 1942 edition until the most recent one, the Battlefront edition. The game's playerbase still has not died and neither has the Battlefield Hacks & Cheats section! It has actually been being provided with quite a lot of new and innovating hacking content. An example of it can be found here. Tell all your friends about MPGH as well as this section, and try out the exciting hacks that can be found in it!

Atari Vault brings classic games to Steam

Good news for the folks who still love to play on their good ol' Atari 2600. Atari is releasing an huge collection of games on Steam, all in one package. This bundle will contain 100 games including some classics like Asteroids, Warlord, Centipede, Tempest and Missile Command, with online multiplayer and Steam leaderboard support. All the original sountracks will remain intact and it will also support the Steam Controller. Pricing is still unknown as of now. An official release date has yet to be announced, but this huge collection of classics is expected to launch this Spring.

First Dedicated Hotel for Gamer's opens in Amsterdam

You should have a variety of different reasons to visit Amsterdam, but here is another. The first gamer dedicated hotel has just opened, dubbed Arcade Hotel. All rooms will have their own console systems at no extra cost to overnight travelers. The lobby has a whole area for multiplayer games where you can run tournament parties. If you are waiting for your own spot, you can head over to the library to look at some comics. The hotel is fairly small at opening having only 36 rooms, but plans for expansion are already being discussed with many improvements on the drawing board. Owner Daniel Salmanovich says he’s “remodeling this hotel into a special place for people who love gaming. I wanted to create a place where travelers and gamers feel like they are staying at a friends home.”

Hacker Sees Record Prison Sentence of 336 Years

On Sunday, a 26-year old hacker was sentenced for the theft and subsequent sale of credit card information to other cyber criminals.

Onur Kopçak, a 26-year old Turkish hacker, will serve a record 334 years in prison.

Kopçak saw a sentence of 135 years approved by the Mersin third Criminal Court of General Jurisdiction on Sunday, as reported by CNNTurk. The new sentence adds to a previous 199-year sentence from 2013, convicted for a similar hacking ploy that he carried out with 11 other hackers at the time.

In 2013, the then 24-year old hacker was a part of a dozen-strong black-hat hacker collective. The group engaged in a phishing scam which had at least 43 bank customers filing complaints that their credit card information was copied and stolen. The scheme was carried out through expertly designed websites that replicated several banks’ websites, enabling Kopçak and his group of hackers to obtain crucial login information of targeted banking users.

At the time, Kopçak was convicted for an array of charges including identify fraud, access device fraud, website forgery and wire fraud.

Following complaints and a subsequent investigation, the Criminal Court of Appeals for the 8th circuit sentenced Kopçak to 199 years, 7 months and 10 days in prison, in 2013.

The latest sentencing comes as a result of another case which saw a similar method of alleged fraud and credit card theft involving 11 individual’s credit card information.

Altogether, Onur Kopçak is now sentenced to 334 years in prison. The duration of the sentence which spans several lifetimes is easily the largest known prison sentence handed to a malicious hacker for his misdeeds.

Black Fish with legs identified
    Earlier this month in the Bay of Islands, a group of people found a particularly strange fish. This fish was jet black and had 2 frog like legs.
    The group of people sent it to the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa where it was identified as Antennarius Stiatus, or as a striated frogfish.

This frogfish in particular was special because most striated fish are striated, but this one frogfish was jet black. The museum wrote: "It is very unusual in that it is completely black, with only a trace of a pattern on the shaft of the Illicium (stem of the lure), There are competing theories around this: is it one highly variable species, or several? The tissue sample we took will help to answer this."

Frogfish are technically fish that have legs, enabling them to walk along the seabed. Despite their odd features, they are extremely ferocious carnivores and have the fastest bite of any vertebrate, capable of expanding their mouth at the speed of around a .22 rifle bullet, in a medium 800x denser than air (water).

https://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/creepy-black-fish-legs-identified-scientists-new-zealand

Combat Arms Hacks

This week we are featuring a Combat Arms Hack made by our Combat Arms Contributor @Hacker Fail which only works for the North American and Brazilian Combat Arms versions. The hack only contains one feature, however, it is a very nice one! Yes, it is what you are thinking! Its feature is chams! With it, you can see your enemies through walls which can come in handy and lead you to a straight victor which could be a straight loss if you did not have this hack at your disposal! Try it out and let the coder know how flawlessly it works!

As everyone should know, David Bowie passed away on January 10th, 2016. In recent news many people have been coming out and talking about him.
    One of these people who have recently come out to speak about David would be his ex-wife.
    Many interviewers pounded her with questions regarding how he treated her following their divorce but she respectively refused to speak bad about David.
    For anyone not sure, the singer died at the age of 69 after an 18-month battle with cancer.

kanyewest.com

This week the recording artist Yasiin Bey formerly known by Mos Def has announced that he is retiring from music and acting.
    If you check kanyewest.com (until he removes it) you’ll notice that it is a 10 minute phone conversation from Yasiin Bey to Kanye West.

Yasiin was arrested for using a fake passport, but if you listen to the audio message you’ll hear him say that he is innocent and used a real passport and the authorities have wrongly detained him.

On January 20, six days after his arrest, Bey released a 10.5 minute audio recording on Kanye West’s website titled A Message From Yasiin Bey. The message begins with the lyrics, “No more parties in S.A.,” a freestyle riff on West’s recently-released track No More Parties In L.A., and is followed by a few minutes of free-form rhyming, before ending with the statement that Bey will be retiring from music and film “effective immediately.”

She became addicted to ingest air fresheners

Evelyn's doctors warned her that her life was at high risk if she continued eating freshener. Evelyn, 27, can not go a single day without taking deodorant. The young mother of two children, consumes about 20 bottles a week, and admits her addiction worsened after her mother died.
    When she decided to visit a doctor to find out if this hobby was causing any permanent damage, the doctor told her that it "was slowly killing" her and that she "had to choose between continuing with the addiction, or continue to be a mother, because this was not going to end well. " "Hearing that I would die if I kept ingesting freshener hit me very hard. It was like a blow to the chest. I have to stop taking freshener "confessed Evelyn.

Interview - [MPGH]Disturbed

[MPGH]Hunter: Hi, Disturbed. How have you been?

[MPGH]Disturbed: I have been alright. What about yourself?

[MPGH]Hunter: I have been alright as well, thank you for asking. Has anything exciting happened in your life lately?

[MPGH]Disturbed: I defibbed a guy back in October and some other USAF related things which I can't share unfortunately.

[MPGH]Hunter: Yeah, that is perfectly fine. Just for curiosity, remind us, how did you first stumble across MPGH and why did you join it?

[MPGH]Disturbed: So, back in the end of 2008, Nexon introduced paid content that made you a better player. I.e.: smaller hit boxes and they had a really crappy hack protection. Between losing to hackers or losing to paid content, it gets annoying since hacks are free and can be found everywhere especially at MPGH, and since I was interested in how they worked under the hood, I decided to google them until MPGH came up on the results. The rest of the story is in my post history.

[MPGH]Hunter: From there until becoming staff at MPGH and ending up getting Global Moderator it goes a long way. When you first joined MPGH, in which section(s) did you decide to settle in? Also, how did you feel when you realized that you had been given a staff position at MPGH?

[MPGH]Disturbed: Combat Arms, Programing here and there and General, a very different General from today, I might add. Way less silly posts now, as crazy as that sounds. As to your second question, I was kind of informed it was likely coming. Right after Arun put me in CS for something like 6 hours the Combat Arms moderator at the time (can't remember who it was for the life of me) told me I was on his list for new minions when they were needed. But at the time, CS couldn’t be staff members.

[MPGH]Hunter: "(...) because at the time CS couldn't be staff.", can't say the same about nowadays, unfortunately. Anyway, did you see the fact that you had been given CS by arun, even if just temporarily, as a joke or pretty much otherwise?

[MPGH]Disturbed: At the time, I didn't really care either way until the Combat Arms Moderator told me I was on his list for Minions. Then I talked to Arun about what happened and apologized and he ended up removing it. No idea if it was intended to be permanent or not to be honest.

[MPGH]Hunter: I see. Oh well, the past is the past. Since you previously mentioned the community, if you could change anything about it, what would it be and why?

[MPGH]Disturbed: Less petty in-fighting in the Minions/Moderators is one thing. I contributed to that a lot when I was part of the team and I shouldn't have done so. I'm assuming it still happens because of the age range of staff hasn't really changed. As for the rest of the community... Nothing I can really say as a whole that comes to mind. It seems better than it was when I joined so I can't really complain.

[MPGH]Hunter: At least you now acknowledge that you didn't act correctly with your staff members and that is all it matters honestly. No one is perfect. Alright, tell us, did MPGH help you to improve your personality/way of seeing things as they are? For instance, for me, it helped me to become more friendly.

[MPGH]Disturbed: Yes, it did actually. Exactly what you said.

[MPGH]Hunter: Oh, what a nice coincidence.

[MPGH]Disturbed: Helped me to see other view points, and be less 'crappy'.

[MPGH]Hunter: Well, I'm actually glad MPGH managed to make you become more friendly. So much time has passed and you still haven't totally left MPGH. What makes you come back? Have you been feeling more attached to it again lately?

[MPGH]Disturbed: Smaller forums are like smaller towns in a way. Sometimes you want the city (reddit), sometimes you want the small town (MPGH). Also, realistically, I also have more free time now compared to the last year and a half. After I resigned from Global Moderator, I from got a job, that within six months became a full time job and half time college. Then I had 4 months with nothing before I shipped to basic, and after that I got busy again like before with a job + training. A lot of new content to learn in software development. I take Security+ (useless for my job, I blame congress) this next week and I'm done with training so I can start uni classes.

[MPGH]Hunter: Hopefully all of your hard work will come to fruition if it hasn't already.

[MPGH]Disturbed: It has, but can't go into details.

[MPGH]Hunter: Alright, leaving MPGH related matters for now. Do you have any hobbies and/or practice any sports?

[MPGH]Disturbed: Sports not so much, but I do enjoy running took a year of doing it before I actually like it but meh. My hobbies are mostly tech-related, usually programmer nerd stuff, video games, making quite worthless applications. Also, I have an interest in economics.

[MPGH]Hunter: Yeah, I can see the correlation between Programming and Economics; both are Mathematics based. Which programming languages do you usually code in if we can know?

[MPGH]Disturbed: C#, a few web languages, SQL (Oracle), and looking at getting back into C++ because of the machine learning libraries that are out there these days. PL SQL, Java, (etc) as well.

[MPGH]Hunter: I see. Well, time is running up. Before we end this interview would you like to give any 'shoutouts' or anything of that sort to anyone in special?

[MPGH]Disturbed: @Dave84311 = @arunforce = @Liz > IT'S ALL A CONSPIRACY! Also, @AVGN is awesome
    and @Royce needs a few beatings from dad that have been forgone due to business.

[MPGH]Hunter: Indeed he does. Alright, it was a pleasure to interview you, Disturbed. Thank you for your time, and have a nice day!

[MPGH]Disturbed: You as well.

Head Editor
    • Cursed

Editors
    • Hunter
    • Democritus

Writers
    • Headlines
      • Cursed
    • User News
      • Hunter's Best Sheep
      • Hunter
    • Global News
      • Hova
      • Dylan
    • Section of The Week
      • ??? (Hunter This Week)
    • Hack of The Week
      • Democritus (Hunter This Week)
    • Gaming News
      • Hova
      • Thijmen
    • Technology News
      • Batman
      • Black
    • Music News
      • Schuba
      • Logic
    • WTF News?
      • Wyo
    • Interviewers
      • Six
      • Hunter
    • Freelancers
      • Psychotic
    Last edited by Cursed; 01-25-2016 at 09:36 PM.

Donator: 1-16-2014 - 12-03-2015
    News Force (Gaming News): 10-17-2015 - 12-25-2015
    News Force (Technology News): 11-15-2015 - 12-03-2015
    News Force (Headlines): 11-27-2015 - 6-16-2016
    News Force (Head Editor): 11-27-2015 - 6-16-2016
    Premium: 12-03-2015 - ∞
    Middleman: 1-11-2016 - 6-10-2016
    Minecraft Minion: 2-28-2016 - 6-10-2016
    Marketplace Minion: 3-11-2016 - 6-10-2016
    News Force (Freelancer): 7-6-16 - ∞
    News Force (WTF News): 8-7-17 - ∞

Rep and Thanks always appreciated!!!

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cursed For This Useful Post:

+Swaggy (01-25-2016),[MPGH]Disturbed (01-25-2016),Dylan (01-27-2016),FanticSteal (01-26-2016),[MPGH]Hova (01-25-2016),Hunter (01-25-2016),SheriffQQ (01-25-2016),Speedster (01-25-2016),Yemiez (01-25-2016)

Hiding under my bed because i'm scared of the big red meanie
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Thanks for the news edition
    I enjoyed reading the interview with Disturbed

I'm Still young. Still growing. Still fucking up. Still perfecting myself.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to +Swaggy For This Useful Post:

Cursed (01-25-2016),[MPGH]Disturbed (01-25-2016),Kingpin (01-25-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Silly @Cursed , it's not Immortal anymore
    SKYPE = live:kingping2_1 Old skype gone
    Vouch copy service, boost your sales - PM or Skype

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingpin For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Hova (01-25-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by Thijmen View Post
    Silly @Cursed , it's not Immortal anymore
    TELL ME NEXT TIME! Hnnnnnggggg.

Donator: 1-16-2014 - 12-03-2015
    News Force (Gaming News): 10-17-2015 - 12-25-2015
    News Force (Technology News): 11-15-2015 - 12-03-2015
    News Force (Headlines): 11-27-2015 - 6-16-2016
    News Force (Head Editor): 11-27-2015 - 6-16-2016
    Premium: 12-03-2015 - ∞
    Middleman: 1-11-2016 - 6-10-2016
    Minecraft Minion: 2-28-2016 - 6-10-2016
    Marketplace Minion: 3-11-2016 - 6-10-2016
    News Force (Freelancer): 7-6-16 - ∞
    News Force (WTF News): 8-7-17 - ∞

Rep and Thanks always appreciated!!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Video format of the news! I'd think that'd be awesome

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    "On Sunday, a 26-year old hacker was sentenced for the theft and subsequent sale of credit card information to other cyber criminals.
    Onur Kopçak, a 26-year old Turkish hacker, will serve a record 334 years in prison."

I don't get why they add life term upon life term in prison if the dude is clearly not going to live that long. Is that just for the effect in the court room when the verdict is announced?

*gasp* 334 years...oh my.

Great job News Team!!

Always be aware of impostors, ask for Skype verification by having the person send you a message on MPGH.
    Please do not waste my time & your time with useless messages. These will be ignored and actions will be taken.

Make sure to read the MPGH Rules & each Section STICKY for extra information and rules that apply for that
    specific section.
    *Please confirm my Identity on Skype before any transaction* If you have any questions, please feel
    free to contact me using the links Below.Please make sure to SEARCH your question using the following link first
    |Search |
    Useful Links >> |MPGH Rules | Report A Scammer | How to MPGH | Market Place Rules |
    Contact Information >> | Private Message | Visitor Message | Skype ID

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hova For This Useful Post:

Speedster (01-25-2016)

Thanks
    Wow good job news team I'm very informed now

Thanks
    Thanks for the news guys, I always enjoy reading them !

Thanks
    Awesome work!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hova View Post
    "On Sunday, a 26-year old hacker was sentenced for the theft and subsequent sale of credit card information to other cyber criminals.
    Onur Kopçak, a 26-year old Turkish hacker, will serve a record 334 years in prison."

I don't get why they add life term upon life term in prison if the dude is clearly not going to live that long. Is that just for the effect in the court room when the verdict is announced?

*gasp* 334 years...oh my.

Great job News Team!!
    Consecutive sentences. Good behavior removes one sentence which would be say, 60 years? Your next sentence is also 60 years. It's to prevent you actually leaving jail. "Life in jail" is worded in such a way that you can actually get out depending on circumstances.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Takatsuki For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Hova (01-25-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    the news are interesting, thanks Newsforce!

1. Click the under my post
    2. Click the located under my avatar pic

3. ???
    4. PROFIT

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Speedster For This Useful Post:

Cursed (01-25-2016),[MPGH]Hova (01-25-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed View Post
    I take Security+ (useless for my job, I blame congress) this next week

Passed the test this morning. 93% - 836/900 (750/900 needed to pass - roughly 84%). Fuck you CompTia, see you in three years.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Thanks, once again this has some very interesting things. Keep up the good work!

My only Skype: whaisom3d

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Cohen For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Hova (01-25-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Our pleasure.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Omg awful addiction news! I thought Meth was bad... lol...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast