Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSpankYourGirl View Post

Again, for the 3rd or 4th fucking time, you're missing the point. WHEN I SAY "EQUAL" I DON'T MEAN PHYSICALLY, MENTALLY OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT, my point is that being an atheist doesn't make you smarter, cool, nicer, meaner, ETC. Vice Versa with religious people. Jesus fucking Christ is it so hard to grasp my point?!
    Unless of course, you are following almost every religious dogma closely, then yes, being an atheist would make you a better person by odds.

OR you could argue that atheist are less ignorant, as they don't have a fundamentally flawed view of belief in a subject.

Or you could do a "crime per population" and I'd bet atheist would generally be lower

Or even majority atheistic countries crimerate.

but my fucking point is to that kid that said something about how being atheist makes you a better person, and I was explaining why that's not true
    Well it kind of does. I mean at it's core, religion will tell you to do something "because X said so". Not because it's wrong. So having a fundamental value that is outside of someone's "authority" would make you the better person in the end and when push comes to shove.(I.e. all the times the religious leaders inspired blind hate or war and all the derp religious people agreed with it).

------------------
    You accept that the guy who believes in the "Almighty Unicorn Who Only Eats Snails" is inferior on the subject of his belief. And that's all atheism or any religious belief could comment on. Stating otherwise is kind of silly, since atheism/theism has no relation to it.

But you could easily make the argument that atheist are generally better people.(it would be false, but you could still win it)
    Last edited by Empire; 01-28-2015 at 12:09 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Again, for the 3rd or 4th fucking time, you're missing the point. WHEN I SAY "EQUAL" I DON'T MEAN PHYSICALLY, MENTALLY OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT, my point is that being an atheist doesn't make you smarter, cool, nicer, meaner, ETC. Vice Versa with religious people. Jesus fucking Christ is it so hard to grasp my point?!
    Apparently it is :| If you don't mean neither physical or mental qualities, I've got no fucking idea what else you could be talking about. It's the god damn internet so don't hurry and write a sentence that explains your thoughts instead of expecting me to know what you mean by saying practically random words.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Unless of course, you are following almost every religious dogma closely, then yes, being an atheist would make you a better person by odds.

OR you could argue that atheist are less ignorant, as they don't have a fundamentally flawed view of belief in a subject.

Or you could do a "crime per population" and I'd bet atheist would generally be lower

Or even majority atheistic countries crimerate.

Well it kind of does. I mean at it's core, religion will tell you to do something "because X said so". Not because it's wrong. So having a fundamental value that is outside of someone's "authority" would make you the better person in the end and when push comes to shove.(I.e. all the times the religious leaders inspired blind hate or war and all the derp religious people agreed with it).

------------------
    You accept that the guy who believes in the "Almighty Unicorn Who Only Eats Snails" is inferior on the subject of his belief. And that's all atheism or any religious belief could comment on. Stating otherwise is kind of silly, since atheism/theism has no relation to it.

But you could easily make the argument that atheist are generally better people.(it would be false, but you could still win it)
    Atheists are better people because of Empire's opinion and his made up "odds." Also every knows that the crime is only affected by religious belief. It has nothing to do with poverty.
    Last edited by robinvanpersie; 01-29-2015 at 04:16 AM.
    Science is learning about the creation, Islam is learning about the creator.

Alif, Lam, Meem. - 2:1 Quran
    This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah(God) - 2:2 Quran
    Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them, - 2:3 Quran
    And who believe in what has been revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you, and of the Hereafter they are certain [in faith]. - 2:4 Quran
    Those are upon [right] guidance from their Lord, and it is those who are the successful. - 2:5 Quran
    Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe. - 2:6 Quran

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by robinvanpersie View Post
    Atheists are better people because of Empire's opinion and his made up "odds." Also every knows that the crime is only affected by religious belief. It has nothing to do with poverty.
    You do know I'm not talking about Islam specifically right?

In pretty much every religious dogma/scripture there is plenty of laws, commands, or even just moral guidelines that are atrocious.

So yeah, odds are if you followed christianity and actually followed the bible in it's entirety, you would be a worse person than not doing so in modern society. Hey, maybe the people are absolutely lacking in morality and they need that religious guideline. However, if that's the case then why the fuck isn't buddhism the go-to choice?

I know it's a hard concept of "odds are", but if you don't know the phrase try not to make idiotic passive-agressive post.
    Last edited by Empire; 01-29-2015 at 04:42 PM.

Thanks
    I thought ISIS were blacks?

Thanks

You do know I'm not talking about Islam specifically right?

In pretty much every religious dogma/scripture there is plenty of laws, commands, or even just moral guidelines that are atrocious.

So yeah, odds are if you followed christianity and actually followed the bible in it's entirety, you would be a worse person than not doing so in modern society. Hey, maybe the people are absolutely lacking in morality and they need that religious guideline. However, if that's the case then why the fuck isn't buddhism the go-to choice?

I know it's a hard concept of "odds are", but if you don't know the phrase try not to make idiotic passive-agressive post.
    Atheism doesn't even have moral guidelines. If you really followed atheism then you would see nothing wrong with killing, stealing, and raping people. The moral guidelines you follow are your own and go against what you claim to believe because according to atheism there is no reason why anything should be wrong.

This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah(God) - 2:2 Quran
    Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them, - 2:3 Quran
    And who believe in what has been revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you, and of the Hereafter they are certain [in faith]. - 2:4 Quran
    Those are upon [right] guidance from their Lord, and it is those who are the successful. - 2:5 Quran
    Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe. - 2:6 Quran

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Atheism doesn't even have moral guidelines. If you really followed atheism then you would see nothing wrong with killing, stealing, and raping people. The moral guidelines you follow are your own and go against what you claim to believe because according to atheism there is no reason why anything should be wrong.
    You don't get morality from religion. Derp.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    ISIS Are just a punch of people trying to twist what the Qura'an says for there own personal gain

Thanks

You don't get morality from religion. Derp.
    Random off topic statement much? Religous people obviously do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GerrysamHD View Post
    ISIS Are just a punch of people trying to twist what the Qura'an says for there own personal gain
    Thank you, another intelligent person that is not brainwasheid.
    Last edited by robinvanpersie; 02-01-2015 at 04:21 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Random off topic statement much? Religous people obviously do.
    No, they don't. Religious people get their morality from their experiences, just like everyone else.

Atheist don't need a holy book to tell us what to do. We don't need a God to say "this is wrong" and never explain on that. We know, we understand the reason X is wrong or right, and for you to say that atheist don't have that is obviously a lie.(as majority atheistic/secular societies have much lower crime-rates than religious ones).
    Quote Originally Posted by GerrysamHD View Post
    But if it was just another interpretation, it wouldn't work.

Islam conditions people to blindly accept things, and when some terrorist comes around saying "The Quran says this!" the people blindly follow.

Islam doesn't help it's people, it harms them.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

No, they don't. Religious people get their morality from their experiences, just like everyone else.

Atheist don't need a holy book to tell us what to do. We don't need a God to say "this is wrong" and never explain on that. We know, we understand the reason X is wrong or right, and for you to say that atheist don't have that is obviously a lie.(as majority atheistic/secular societies have much lower crime-rates than religious ones).

Islam conditions people to blindly accept things, and when some terrorist comes around saying "The Quran says this!" the people blindly follow.

Let me tell you something. Religion, is like a guideline. To me, I know what is right and wrong. I don't need a book to tell me what's right or wrong. I don't follow every little thing the bible tells me; no. But see the blind point is that, religion isn't all about rules, restrictions, etc. It's about hope. Hope that there is someone you can turn to, when your whole fucking family abandons you. Hope that when you die, you will REALLY be in a better place. To be honest, I don't follow religion. I follow Jesus and God.

Sometimes in life, you have to look at things differently, rather than have some scientist try to prove to you God isn't real, or have some priest prove to you he is. Do what you think is right. If you don't have hope, great, be an Atheist, nothing wrong with it. If you do, be Catholic, Muslim, whatever. Also nothing wrong with it.

But don't go around bashing other people, calling people stupid, uneducated, because they have something/someone to look up to, that's the real problem here.

MPGH HISTORY:

Registered Since 4-23-2013
    Editor 09-04-2013 - unknown
    Minion 10-22-2013 - 1-18-2014
    Donator 12-31-2014 - present
    Premium Seller 12-31-2016 - present
    Minion 03-15-2017 - I forgot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    It's about hope. Hope that there is someone you can turn to, when your whole fucking family abandons you. Hope that when you die, you will REALLY be in a better place. To be honest, I don't follow religion. I follow Jesus and God.
    (Ugh, the "hope" lie.)

So basically "blind faith". You don't follow Jesus/God you follow your delusions.

Sometimes in life, you have to look at things differently, rather than have some scientist try to prove to you God isn't real, or have some priest prove to you he is. Do what you think is right. If you don't have hope, great, be an Atheist, nothing wrong with it. If you do, be Catholic, Muslim, whatever. Also nothing wrong with it.
    Two things here:
    1. Scientist don't care about religion when using science. Please don't be that retard that thinks science is out to kill religion.
    2. You could replace hope with: Faith, Reason, lack of common sense, etc. etc. and it just shows what a fool you are.

Do what you think is right.
    So if what I think is right is to use the Quran to justify murder, do that?

But don't go around bashing other people, calling people stupid, uneducated, because they have something/someone to look up to, that's the real problem here.
    I'm calling you stupid because you come into the DEBATE section without a debate, but rather an admission of defeat. Then you cry when I point this out(ofc).

Look, you want to come in here and admit you are an idiot with no reason for his beliefs, fine. But don't act like I'm bullying you, because I'm not. I'm simply pointing out that when you are in a section that is about debate, coming in saying "I DO NOT HAVE A REASON FOR MY BELIEFS" is going to make you look like an idiot.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

(Ugh, the "hope" lie.)

So basically "blind faith". You don't follow Jesus/God you follow your delusions.

Two things here:
    1. Scientist don't care about religion when using science. Please don't be that retard that thinks science is out to kill religion.
    2. You could replace hope with: Faith, Reason, lack of common sense, etc. etc. and it just shows what a fool you are.

So if what I think is right is to use the Quran to justify murder, do that?

I'm calling you stupid because you come into the DEBATE section without a debate, but rather an admission of defeat. Then you cry when I point this out(ofc).

Look, you want to come in here and admit you are an idiot with no reason for his beliefs, fine. But don't act like I'm bullying you, because I'm not. I'm simply pointing out that when you are in a section that is about debate, coming in saying "I DO NOT HAVE A REASON FOR MY BELIEFS" is going to make you look like an idiot.
    Bullying me? . Dude you wouldn't bully me in a million years if you tried.

But that's besides the point. Your points are still stupid. You take everything I say in a literal way, when I'm just using examples half the time. Re-read what I wrote 4-5 times maybe your brain will process something. Easy.

And the Quran doesn't justify murder, if that's what you meant.

MPGH HISTORY:

Registered Since 4-23-2013
    Editor 09-04-2013 - unknown
    Minion 10-22-2013 - 1-18-2014
    Donator 12-31-2014 - present
    Premium Seller 12-31-2016 - present
    Minion 03-15-2017 - I forgot

Thanks

Religious people do get their morality from their religion. They don't get the moral rule of no sex before marriage from their "experience."

There is nothing in Atheism for anything to be wrong. According to Atheism there are reasons why killing people is good but there are none for why it is bad. Example: killing people is good because it will lead to less people to compete with and you can steal their things in order to increase your survival chances. There is no set of moral codes in Atheism, it is a joke. Tell me why anything should really be wrong according to Atheism? You can't because there is nothing to Atheism. The morality you live by are your own reasons but none of them are valid in Atheism.

Verily, in this is indeed a sign for people who think. (16:69)
    Do they not think deeply (in their own selves) about themselves (how Allah created them from nothing, and similarly He will resurrect them)?…….(30:8)
    …. so that their hearts (and minds) may thus use reason… [22:46]
    …in all this] there are messages/signs indeed for people who use their reason. [2:164]
    Those who remember Allah (always, and in prayers) standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides, and think deeply about the creation of the heavens and the earth…..(3:191)
    ……….. So relate the stories, perhaps they may reflect. (7:176)
    Do they not reflect? There is no madness in their companion (Muhammad). He is but a plain warner. (7:184)
    …. Such are the parables which We put forward to mankind that they may reflect. (59:21)

This is like the hundredth time you have said something about Islam where I have proved you wrong with verses from the Quran. You know very little about Islam. Just stop with the Islam says this or that, you are making a fool of yourself.
    Last edited by robinvanpersie; 02-02-2015 at 03:58 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Bullying me? . Dude you wouldn't bully me in a million years if you tried.

Implied QQ about me bullying you.

But that's besides the point. Your points are still stupid. You take everything I say in a literal way, when I'm just using examples half the time. Re-read what I wrote 4-5 times maybe your brain will process something. Easy.

And the Quran doesn't justify murder, if that's what you meant.
    What did I take literally that you did not mean to be? You gave no examples and did not quote me. If your response is simply "reread what I said" i'll just refer you to do the same, except add "don't be an idiot by not clarifying"

The point isn't that the Quran justifies murder or not(it surely does), but that you said "just do what you think is right".
    (No! What I think is right could be anything!, why the fuck would you ever say that?! )

Religious people do get their morality from their religion. They don't get the moral rule of no sex before marriage from their "experience."
    What is moral(good) about "no sex before marriage"?
    -All I see is an assertion that they do, no argument for it.

There is nothing in Atheism for anything to be wrong. According to Atheism
    Let me stop you right there.
    Atheism has no dogma nor set of beliefs. It's simply the lack of a belief in god. You utter retard.

Example: killing people is good because it will lead to less people to compete with and you can steal their things in order to increase your survival chances. There is no set of moral codes in Atheism, it is a joke. Tell me why anything should really be wrong according to Atheism? You can't because there is nothing to Atheism. The morality you live by are your own reasons but none of them are valid in Atheism.
    O_O

So basically, without Islam you'd just go around killing people, is that correct?

I didn't realize your morality was so paper thin robin, but I can't say I'm surprised.

- - - Updated - - -

Verily, in this is indeed a sign for people who think. (16:69)
    Do they not think deeply (in their own selves) about themselves (how Allah created them from nothing, and similarly He will resurrect them)?…….(30:8)
    …. so that their hearts (and minds) may thus use reason… [22:46]
    …in all this] there are messages/signs indeed for people who use their reason. [2:164]
    Those who remember Allah (always, and in prayers) standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides, and think deeply about the creation of the heavens and the earth…..(3:191)
    ……….. So relate the stories, perhaps they may reflect. (7:176)
    Do they not reflect? There is no madness in their companion (Muhammad). He is but a plain warner. (7:184)
    …. Such are the parables which We put forward to mankind that they may reflect. (59:21)

This is like the hundredth time you have said something about Islam where I have proved you wrong with verses from the Quran. You know very little about Islam. Just stop with the Islam says this or that, you are making a fool of yourself.
    Robin, why do you quote the Quran? You've clearly never actually read it.
    (i'm citing the quotes in-context and explaining how stupid they make you look).

This is because you are arguing the Quran promotes reason, when the quotes you listed are straight up indoctrination tactics of "whoever doesn't follow the quran is stupid hurr durr". I mean holy fuck, you just shot yourself in the foot and bullet travelled straight to your knees.
    ([B]You just crippled yourself, idiot./B]).

1. https://quran.com/16/69
    -Basically the verse states that the "Lord" gives you wisdom.(more indoctrination = good!)

2. https://quran.com/22/46
    -Those who do not believe in Islam are ignorant.(blinded).

3. https://quran.com/2/164
    -Allah did these things, only non-ignorant people can see that

4. https://quran.com/7/176
    -More "whoever doesn't follow Islam is ignorant"

5. https://quran.com/7/184
    -Muhammed is the prophet, clearly! "Just think about it!" No other argument needed!

6. https://quran.com/59/21
    -Mankind should learn from Islam.(I agree, "what not to do" is always helpful).
    Last edited by Empire; 02-02-2015 at 04:55 PM.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast