Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep

Destiny, the most cringe-worthy game to date.

I've had this quite awhile, and as this may be an old thing to bring up, as the game has been out for a few months, however, this shit just ticks me off, plain and simple. I cringe every time I play this game.

1. Extremely high filesize, no game content. This game legitimately has 4 missions per planet, then 2 strikes. One for the first two planets. That makes 6 strikes and 16 (more or less) missions to do, resulting in 25 with the addition of the Vault of Glass. This becomes repetitive, and gets boring, FAST.

2. Pay to win. The game became pay to win the second the first DLC came out. First legendary Sparrow? Pay to get it. Get max level? Pay to get it. New exotics sold by Xur? Well, you're gonna have to pay to get it. The phrase "pay2win" comes up alot, but that's mainly just grinding struggle. This is a literal pay to win, as you cannot max out without buying their DLC.

3. Parts of the disc locked off to make extra money. The DLC is already in-disc. This is proven by a YT video somebody made of going into the DLC area, the second one, coming soon, (likely even higher P2W requirements) and collecting all the dead ghosts in said area. I've done it myself. The fact that you have to pay $60 for the game itself is annoying, but to pay an extra $40 to unlock the other HALF of your disc is just plain silly. It's basically masking a $100 game into looking like a $60 game.

4. Crucible. Basically the only point where Activision comes into play, asides from DLC. (e.g Sledgehammer and Activision locking off Exo Zombies to DLC only in CoD: AW) This is one of the most, if not the most, cringeworthy parts of the game. I went 0.1 KDR and got an exotic sniper rifle, the Ice Breaker. Can't say I wasn't happy, but here's what I did. Got 1 kill, then taped my movement stick up to not get kicked for afking the game. Then I look at leaderboards, and the top players are rewarded with absolutely nothing. The rewards are generated randomly, without any form of regard to who did good or bad. This randomization pisses me off. It's common for top players to get no items and lower players to get good items, because it's just like CS:GO crate openings. If you're bad and new, why not get some real nice shit just to spur you on?

This game is possibly the most cringe-worthy game to ever exist. Anyone who has it, I pity you.

Before the gods, there were the Titans.
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Facts, started playing this game on my PS4 and had to kill a part of my soul each day.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarnix View Post
    First legendary Sparrow?
    Sparrows, and all of this, leads me to one major theory. Destiny is most definitely not the game that Bungie wanted it to be. It is the money-maker that Activision wanted it to be.

I'm just going to continue on my rant right now.

Destiny is so different for so many reasons. The major reason is that Activision needed to make money off of Destiny, as in set-records kind of money. Destiny was designed with major content, it's so obvious. Destiny most likely had a dramatically deeper, more engaging, and more interesting story. It is evident in how an OFFICIAL TRAILER, one of the first trailers ever of the game, had a short cutscene that includes an NPC in an entirely different place from the story (I forgot where, but I'll show). Activision, however, wanted the game to be one that simple teenagers could like. The story requires little thinking. And what the hell is the point of Sparrows? So you can get to a mission 2 seconds before the rest of your Fireteam? No. I believe that Sparrows had a racing related purpose where kids could buy. Also, why the hell can't you trade items? In one of the earliest developer commentaries, a developer said that you could "gamble and trade" items.

Why is all of this there? Because Activision wanted to dumb down the game to appeal to all audiences. Think about it, the game is so autonomous and repetitive even a 10 year old could play it. If the game had a trading system and economy, then it would suck for the kids, because most likely the older players would be able to outsmart and scam the kids. The story would be boring and difficult to understand for little kids.

Destiny was made for kids.

People aren't against you;
    They are for themselves

Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Battletale is good
    Please contact me through PM, I rarely check MPGH IM

MPGH Minion+ 2/5/2019 - 12/1/2020
    Call of Duty Minion 12/23/2017 - 12/1/2020
    MPGH Minion 12/23/2017 - 2/5/2019
    MPGH Minion+ 2/2/2016 - 8/9/2016
    NewsForce Writer 1/1/2016 - 8/9/2016
    CockSucker 7/24/2015 - 7/25/2015
    Other Semi-Popular FPS Hacks Minion 12/27/2015 - 8/9/2016
    Combat Arms Minion 11/4/2015 - 8/9/2016
    Maplestory Minion 6/1/15 - 8/9/2016
    League of Legends Minion 6/1/2015 - 8/9/2016
    Other FPS Hacks Minion 5/31/2015 - 8/9/2016
    Minecraft Marketplace Minion 6/18/2015 - 9/15/2015
    Combat Arms Marketplace Minion 4/05/2015 - 6/2/2015
    Marketplace Minion 8/1/2014 - 6/2/2015
    MPGH Minion 8/1/2014 - 2/2/2016

Pharaoh (#7) 5/01/2014 - 5/31/2014
    Premium Member 2/1/2014 - Current
    Official Middle Man 12/12/2013 - 6/2/2015
    Member 11/15/2009 - Current

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kevin For This Useful Post:

Batman (03-23-2015)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Quote Originally Posted by Busted! View Post
    Battletale is good
    I need more free shit in BT dad.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jov's Sheep View Post

I need more free shit in BT dad.
    dad? name jov sheeps, THE JIG IS UP

Thinking is the Enemy of Creativity. It's Self-Conscious, & Anything Self-Conscious is Lousy.
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I played Destiny in beta on Xbone and PS4, I prefered the PS4 version as it felt nicer. Got the game on both consoles, played 2 weeks on each, got max level from its release.. Wasn't too pleased, very grindy and completely repetitive. They changed shit here and there as time went on.. DLC came out, tried that, wasn't that great tbh. The story is complete shit. Also, the multiplayer is fucking crap. Its just halo all over again with P2W gear and unbalanced teams.

Over hyped game, because it was made by Bungie.

I felt like No Mans Sky should have been Destiny.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Quote Originally Posted by Invis. View Post
    Over hyped game, because it was made by Activision.
    Fixed it for ya.

Thinking is the Enemy of Creativity. It's Self-Conscious, & Anything Self-Conscious is Lousy.
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Jov's Sheep View Post

Fixed it for ya.
    I guess that works too, haha.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    dad? name jov sheeps, THE JIG IS UP
    DON'T TELL ANYONE.

Or you will be silenced.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I started late and now I have no motivation to play it. You're just gonna get owned by level 30's and no one wants to quest with you

MPGH Member Since: 2011
    AVA Minion Since: 7.14.2013 - 7.4.2014

⎳ℴ ⎷ ℯ
    進撃の巨人

私は武器販売業者と一緒に旅行した

犬の日が終わった

MPGH Relic, Full-time Lurker.

Join Anime Force, take over the world.

✘✘✘

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    You're just gonna get owned by level 30's
    Another part of bullshit crucible.

Some areas of crucible enable level advantages, which is OP. If you're new, well 1 level below another person/enemy is 20% damage reduction. Level 10's attempting to kill level 30's with level advantages is just flat out autistic on their part. Even without level advantages, the game is still broken due to the fact that there's gun damage specific to the character. A level 10 is likely to have an uncommon with nearly 100 damage, while a 30 is likely to have a legendary or an exotic, dealing a massive 3x more than that, with headshots being an even more massive 10x more damage with specific guns. Crucible = broken bullshit set up to support higher leveled players while feeding the bottom.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Another part of bullshit crucible.

Some areas of crucible enable level advantages, which is OP. If you're new, well 1 level below another person/enemy is 20% damage reduction. Level 10's attempting to kill level 30's with level advantages is just flat out autistic on their part. Even without level advantages, the game is still broken due to the fact that there's gun damage specific to the character. A level 10 is likely to have an uncommon with nearly 100 damage, while a 30 is likely to have a legendary or an exotic, dealing a massive 3x more than that, with headshots being an even more massive 10x more damage with specific guns. Crucible = broken bullshit set up to support higher leveled players while feeding the bottom.
    Sounds stupid to me, that's why I don't play

MPGH Member Since: 2011
    AVA Minion Since: 7.14.2013 - 7.4.2014

⎳ℴ ⎷ ℯ
    進撃の巨人

私は武器販売業者と一緒に旅行した

犬の日が終わった

MPGH Relic, Full-time Lurker.

Join Anime Force, take over the world.

✘✘✘

Thanks
    I've had this quite awhile, and as this may be an old thing to bring up, as the game has been out for a few months, however, this shit just ticks me off, plain and simple. I cringe every time I play this game.

1. Extremely high filesize, no game content. This game legitimately has 4 missions per planet, then 2 strikes. One for the first two planets. That makes 6 strikes and 16 (more or less) missions to do, resulting in 25 with the addition of the Vault of Glass. This becomes repetitive, and gets boring, FAST.

2. Pay to win. The game became pay to win the second the first DLC came out. First legendary Sparrow? Pay to get it. Get max level? Pay to get it. New exotics sold by Xur? Well, you're gonna have to pay to get it. The phrase "pay2win" comes up alot, but that's mainly just grinding struggle. This is a literal pay to win, as you cannot max out without buying their DLC.

3. Parts of the disc locked off to make extra money. The DLC is already in-disc. This is proven by a YT video somebody made of going into the DLC area, the second one, coming soon, (likely even higher P2W requirements) and collecting all the dead ghosts in said area. I've done it myself. The fact that you have to pay $60 for the game itself is annoying, but to pay an extra $40 to unlock the other HALF of your disc is just plain silly. It's basically masking a $100 game into looking like a $60 game.

4. Crucible. Basically the only point where Activision comes into play, asides from DLC. (e.g Sledgehammer and Activision locking off Exo Zombies to DLC only in CoD: AW) This is one of the most, if not the most, cringeworthy parts of the game. I went 0.1 KDR and got an exotic sniper rifle, the Ice Breaker. Can't say I wasn't happy, but here's what I did. Got 1 kill, then taped my movement stick up to not get kicked for afking the game. Then I look at leaderboards, and the top players are rewarded with absolutely nothing. The rewards are generated randomly, without any form of regard to who did good or bad. This randomization pisses me off. It's common for top players to get no items and lower players to get good items, because it's just like CS:GO crate openings. If you're bad and new, why not get some real nice shit just to spur you on?

This game is possibly the most cringe-worthy game to ever exist. Anyone who has it, I pity you.
    Sold my Destiny after finishing all planets and leveling up to 20, raids were okayish but I did not enjoy the game. Idk why it still sells for $70 on the psn store..

Thanks
    Wasted so much time on this game. I am lvl 32 and have like 7 of the best exotics. I STILL cannot kill a lvl 6 bearing a shotgun in cruciable. Honestly piece of shit game not worth the oney and they expect it to have a 10 year life span, WHO THE FUCK WILL PLAY THIS GAME IN 10 YEARS?

Thanks
    that's why you play warframe, basically the exact same, but better

17. The Following User Says Thank You to w4ssup For This Useful Post:

Minnesota Dabs (03-26-2015)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast