Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    get the fuck out of general section
    debate or gtfo

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Read and Bible and believe even in what you don't believe...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Ehh I'm more of a believer in the way science explains things :/

NOT A SCIENTOLOGIST EITHER THAT SHIT IS BULL SHIT.

Just the whole god thing is hard to believe >_>

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama View Post
    No, that just means you have no taste in music.
    We should all listen to arrogant black men talk about hoes, bitches, cars and money then?

Well, I suppose you don't want to listen to a depressed guy imitate noises that dying animals make while terribly out of tune instruments play in the background.

Or a homosexual redneck talk about farming and tractors.

Or perhaps we could all understand that not everyone is going to listen to the same music and not criticize people about it, seeing as it would be absolutely pointless.

Offtopic, yes, but seeing as Christians cannot answer those questions no matter how hard they try, other than giving us their interpretation of scripture or questionable assumptions or the lamest answer of all, 'faith' or something to do with it, and proceed to attempt to prove how each of your questions and conclusions may be incorrect, I thought it worthwhile to pursue other topics.
    Last edited by Tiresome; 04-19-2010 at 05:14 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by afunyun View Post
    Ehh I'm more of a believer in the way science explains things :/

NOT A SCIENTOLOGIST EITHER THAT SHIT IS BULL SHIT.

Just the whole god thing is hard to believe >_>
    science proofs everthing:
    [img]https://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Entertainment/Images/scientology-religious-recognition-pa***let.jpg[/img]

still i don't believe that heaven or hell thing just the fact that we all are gona be a insect meal in a wooden coffin.

=D disbelieve is trully asome.
    DigiDrawing|+ ( (Elfen Archer) )
    Link:
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/148-showro...en-archer.html

@ Anime Section,Otaku/weeabo (orz.) @Graphics Section, Novice DigiArtist

neuest gift from Yura~Chan:
    https://bakyurayuu.deviantar*****m/#/d372taw
    2nd Place MOTM#9 Theme: CharMods - Combat Arms [No - Thanks] button
    come on you know that don't want to push that ordinary button

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by SloaMoeDaea View Post
    Ok, what I want is a straight answer from a christian.

Here is my question.

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
    Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing?
    Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing?
    Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God?”
    God can prevent evil but he chooses not too, he sent the devil down to the earth and gave him free reign, he doesn't prevent evil because he wants to see who will believe in him

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bombsaway707 For This Useful Post:

Tony Stark` (04-20-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by bombsaway707 View Post
    God can prevent evil but he chooses not too, he sent the devil down to the earth and gave him free reign, he doesn't prevent evil because he wants to see who will believe in him
    Do you sincerely believe this?

Ottawa, Canada. (That's right. You know it)
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    My answer:

He's too busy fucking mary.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Better thought for u to think about:

If god sacrified SOOOOOOO MUCH to give u life, why the fk would he want you to spend to much time thanking him ?

Thanks

I truly believe in God.

God has the power to prevent evil but chooses not to. He gave us a conscience and if you don't have one that's a lie. Because everyone has a conscience. Science first of all proves nothing. Science cant come in a fireball to light up Moses trench. Science was made by man. Man knows nothing of this world. They just try to think of theories to replace the awesomeness of god.
    Yes i truly believe in god.
    And to answer your question
    "If god sacrified SOOOOOOO MUCH to give u life, why the fk would he want you to spend to much time thanking him ?"

Now suppose you were just a random guy and you saw a kid stranded in a railroad track and a train about 10 feet away. And lets say by god's grace you saved that kid. Would you like him to just walk away and not even show gratitude. Or would you like the kid to thank you.
    But wait! let's say the train nearly killed you and saved the kid. would you still like him to just walk away and shun you like nothing happened. Because this is what you non-believers are doing.
    It's like going to a complete stranger woman and choosing this woman instead of your hopefully loving and caring mother. Go figure.
    Last edited by ghon70; 04-19-2010 at 05:54 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by ghon70 View Post
    God has the power to prevent evil but chooses not to. He gave us a conscience and if you don't have one that's a lie. Because everyone has a conscience. Science first of all proves nothing. Science cant come in a fireball to light up Moses trench. Science was made by man. Man knows nothing of this world. They just try to think of theories to replace the awesomeness of god.
    Yes i truly believe in god.
    And to answer your question
    "If god sacrified SOOOOOOO MUCH to give u life, why the fk would he want you to spend to much time thanking him ?"

Now suppose you were just a random guy and you saw a kid stranded in a railroad track and a train about 10 feet away. And lets say by god's grace you saved that kid. Would you like him to just walk away and not even show gratitude. Or would you like the kid to thank you.
    But wait! let's say the train nearly killed you and saved the kid. would you still like him to just walk away and shun you like nothing happened. Because this is what you non-believers are doing.
    It's like going to a complete stranger woman and choosing this woman instead of your hopefully loving and caring mother. Go figure.
    If god can prevent evil but chooses not to, he's a dick I.E. malevolent.
    A more apt analogy would be:
    God builds the train track, god builds the train, god sends the train going down the track, god ties you and the rest of the human race down to the rail and tells you
    "Bitch nigga, you wanna live? If so you gotta love me for doing this to you, but you need to be genuine or I won't release you from the tracks."
    And then the people who succumbed to Stockholm syndrome say
    "Wow God, you're not at all a psychopathic, ego-maniacal, caprices dick, you were even kind enough to tie us down with nylon rope instead of natural fiber rope because that would have exacerbated the rope-burn, thanks man!"

TL;DR: If God exists it's a dick, thank goodness there is no evidence to support its existence.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    If god can prevent evil but chooses not to, he's a dick I.E. malevolent.
    A more apt analogy would be:
    God builds the train track, god builds the train, god sends the train going down the track, god ties you and the rest of the human race down to the rail and tells you
    "Bitch nigga, you wanna live? If so you gotta love me for doing this to you, but you need to be genuine or I won't release you from the tracks."
    And then the people who succumbed to Stockholm syndrome say
    "Wow God, you're not at all a psychopathic, ego-maniacal, caprices dick, you were even kind enough to tie us down with nylon rope instead of natural fiber rope because that would have exacerbated the rope-burn, thanks man!"

TL;DR: If God exists it's a dick, thank goodness there is no evidence to support its existence.
    God built the train track, God built the train, we are in the train, the train is 50 feet in the air about to crash into the wall, God gives you a choice to have faith in him and jump, or you can die. If you jump, you are given eternal life, if you choose not to believe, you go to Hell.

Train track is the Human Course, the train is our free will. We get to choose what happens. If God created us, and is omnipotent, he would be able to give us free will. Because we got free will, we chose to disobey, by doing this, we created evil, and death. Satan was created because God also gave the Angels free will, and Satan chose to disobey also. Now Satan wants the Human race. What does God do?

He TRIES to help us, but we choose not to listen to him, meaning he is Omnipotent. By giving us free will, we were the ones that created evil. This makes him God, he is not Malevolent, we are Malevolent. He is Omnipotent, we are not. He didn't create evil, we did. It's OUR fault, quit blaming God for what's happening to the world.

Did God create sin? No, we did!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by SloaMoeDaea View Post
    Ok, what I want is a straight answer from a christian.

Here is my question.

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
    Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing?
    Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing?
    Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God?”
    I'm not Christian but this quote is flawed.

For good to exists you need evil. Which is where the Christians believe the Devil steps in. There have been remarkable miracles and tragedies.

All in all, no one should be debating over this unless there are at least two conflicting opinions by two poor souls which have taken the time to read the dry pages of the bible(or rather, bullshit).

IMHO anyone who claims to be Christian is a hypocrite. You can make all the excuses you want, but if you truly believe in the bible, then you'd know you've sinned a disgustingly large amount in the past. Though, a fair amount of you haven't read the book or even gone to church for that matter, so I doubt any of you have any more then an extremely general and basic idea of it, and what is not a sin.

You simply label yourself a Christian because that's what your parents have told you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post

For good to exists you need evil. Which is where the Christians believe the Devil steps in. There have been remarkable miracles and tragedies.

All in all, no one should be debating over this unless there are at least two conflicting opinions by two poor souls which have taken the time to read the dry pages of the bible(or rather, bullshit).

IMHO anyone who claims to be Christian is a hypocrite. You can make all the excuses you want, but if you truly believe in the bible, then you'd know you've sinned a disgustingly large amount in the past.
    I know I have sinned in the past.That's where repenting comes into play. God wants us to repent, and there's nothing wrong in doing so.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilInstinct View Post
    God built the train track, God built the train, we are in the train, the train is 50 feet in the air about to crash into the wall, God gives you a choice to have faith in him and jump, or you can die.
    And somehow you don't see how your god is a dick?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post

For good to exists you need evil. Which is where the Christians believe the Devil steps in.
    First of all the quote isn't flawed, evil doesn't need to exist for good to exist according to the Christian doctrine, according to them there is this place called heaven, that is devoid of evil but would that imply that heaven isn't good because there isn't an evil to contrast it? If they try to say hell is the evil, then heaven wasn't good before god created hell? Was heaven completely neutral before the creation of hell?

To cover the free will thing, the moment God decides to create, he immediately denies you free will. God has free will, he can chose to either create you or not create you. Since God is omniscient, he knows what you will do in your life. Knowing what you will do, he creates you anyway, the moment he creates you, you no longer have free will because your life is set in stone.

Now how do the Christians know that Satan is the evil one? Perhaps God is evil and he created Satan as a scapegoat for his malicious behavior, then orders you to worship him or suffer for all eternity. Thus far God's behavior is fairly consistent with an evil God, wouldn't an evil God try to convince you that he is good?
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 04-20-2010 at 12:24 AM.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast