Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by tdct View Post

Why work for the good of mankind when after your death humanity doesn't matter, that is an irrational life style, and any disagreement just shows how naive you are
    Just because I don't exist anymore doesn't mean my actions won't have an effect on the world. I realize that my existence is objectively meaningless with the exception of procreation but by being a productive member of society and helping make the world a better place I'm making life easier for the generations to come so that one day my species can get off this rock and ensure it's continued existence in the cosmos. It doesn't matter that I won't be around, I'm concerned with things bigger than my short little existence.

Mankind doesn't matter after you're dead only if you're a self-centered prick.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    Much, if not most, of the Bible is arguably fiction. They are invented stories... fictional dramas meant to impart some moral lesson. They are not real.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Just because I don't exist anymore doesn't mean my actions won't have an effect on the world. I realize that my existence is objectively meaningless with the exception of procreation but by being a productive member of society and helping make the world a better place I'm making life easier for the generations to come so that one day my species can get off this rock and ensure it's continued existence in the cosmos. It doesn't matter that I won't be around, I'm concerned with things bigger than my short little existence.

Mankind doesn't matter after you're dead only if you're a self-centered prick.
    So you agree that after your dead your actions will effect others, but you won't live to see the result, therefore they won't ever, ever give you any benefit, I don't understand you paroxysm, you know it won't matter to you, yet you still try, even though you believe w/out a doubt you'll never live see the result, do you do it out of some misguided since of duty, or compassion
    Why?
    Last edited by tdct; 08-01-2010 at 04:24 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

So you agree that after your dead your actions will effect others, but you won't live to see the result, therefore they won't ever, ever give you any benefit, I don't understand you paroxysm, you know it won't matter to you, yet you still try, even though you believe w/out a doubt you'll never live see the result, do you do it out of some misguided since of duty, or compassion
    Why?
    Misguided? If my guide was selfishness then I would be misguided but it's not. I care about things bigger than myself, just not imaginary things bigger than myself. There is beauty in the world outside of the Stockholm syndrome of religion.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Aleks rapes, once again.
    The night fades with a breath of sunshine.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Misguided? If my guide was selfishness then I would be misguided but it's not. I care about things bigger than myself, just not imaginary things bigger than myself. There is beauty in the world outside of the Stockholm syndrome of religion.
    Nice passion in your response bud, but it's fail, there is no such thing as bloody beauty, it's all perspective, If i killed your parents, or family, would you say it's
    "bad" because that just shows how bloody delusional you are. Good, bad, right, wrong, ugly, beautiful, there all perspective, they don't exist we as a species fucking invited the idea of good and bad, there is no such thing as beauty, there is no such thing as evil, it's all a fucking perspective invented by our wandering minds

there is nothing outside of yourself that will ever matter, are the only thing that matters, and if you must better humanity, odds are it's for your own benefit
    Last edited by tdct; 08-01-2010 at 04:45 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Nice passion in your response bud, but it's fail, there is no such thing as bloody beauty, it's all perspective, If i killed your parents, or family, would you say it's
    "bad" because that just shows how bloody delusional you are. Good, bad, right, wrong, ugly, beautiful, there all perspective, they don't exist we as a species fucking invited the idea of good and bad, there is no such thing as beauty, there is no such thing as evil, it's all a fucking perspective invented by our wandering minds

there is nothing outside of yourself that will ever matter, are the only thing that matters, and if you must better humanity, odds are it's for your own benefit
    Why are you so close-minded?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by moosicgawd View Post
    Why are you so close-minded?
    Since when is perspective "close-minded" I'm just showing life from a different angle
    Last edited by tdct; 08-01-2010 at 04:48 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

how am I "close-minded"
    How aren't you close-minded?
    Edit: I don't appreciate you editing your post after I've already replied.
    Last edited by moosicgawd; 08-01-2010 at 04:51 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

If that's the way you approach all human endeavors, as self-centered ventures then by all means you can believe that. However some of us are capable of looking at the bigger picture.

It doesn't matter that morality is subjective or that meaning is subjective, as human beings and as social animals we have a communal purpose where our beliefs about right and wrong overlap and where we can define right or wrong for the sake of social cohesion. I'm not the only person on the planet and my actions will matter to others because they will effect others. Whether my actions are recognized or not I will make a positive impact on the planet and on our species.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    How aren't you close-minded?
    Edit: I don't appreciate you editing your post after I've already replied.
    *sigh* I did not edit it after your fail post, I assure you, if anything I edited while you were replying.

If that's the way you approach all human endeavors, as self-centered ventures then by all means you can believe that. However some of us are capable of looking at the bigger picture.

It doesn't matter that morality is subjective or that meaning is subjective, as human beings and as social animals we have a communal purpose where our beliefs about right and wrong overlap and where we can define right or wrong for the sake of social cohesion. I'm not the only person on the planet and my actions will matter to others because they will effect others. Whether my actions are recognized or not I will make a positive impact on the planet and on our species.
    Now you're being narrow minded, we all have heard you say this in different words, we understand that you want to live irrationally, we all understand you want to make a postie impact, but for the sake of my bloody sanity tell me why if you know it won't make a difference to yourself why!
    This entire response was just an echo of your prior one, I might as well just copy and paste my previous response and use it as a reply, admit it paroxysm you've lost
    your life style is irrational and that's all there is to it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

*sigh* I did not edit it after your fail post, I assure you, if anything I edited while you were replying.

Now you're being narrow minded, we all have heard you say this in different words, we understand that you want to live irrationally, we all understand you want to make a postie impact, but for the sake of my bloody sanity tell me why if you know it won't make a difference to yourself why!
    This entire response was just an echo of your prior one, I might as well just copy and paste my previous response and use it as a reply, admit it paroxysm you've lost
    My statement about your close-mindedness is proven here, you won't take into consideration that his lifestyle is not irrational. It's how he believes life is to be lead, and it's the way he wants it to go. If we live our lives my your sense of rationality then we'd all end up mindless pricks that wait for death. If nonetheless do it for something to keep you from being bored. And as to the editing thing, I clearly posted my comment, and then I refreshed about a minute later, and your post was edited. Don't try to tell me what I know is the truth, bud.
    I hate to be the barer of bad news, but you're going to live a long, lonely life if you keep believing that irrationality is the only way to explain another persons lifestyle.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Because I give a damn about other people, not everyone on the planet is a sociopath only looking out for themselves. That was the whole point of my "community" talk, as social animals we have tendencies to care about other people and other animals. I care because it's in my nature to care about others. The capacity to care has a clear evolutionary benefit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    My statement about your close-mindedness is proven here, you won't take into consideration that his lifestyle is not irrational. It's how he believes life is to be lead, and it's the way he wants it to go. If we live our lives my your sense of rationality then we'd all end up mindless pricks that wait for death. If nonetheless do it for something to keep you from being bored. And as to the editing thing, I clearly posted my comment, and then I refreshed about a minute later, and your post was edited. Don't try to tell me what I know is the truth, bud.
    I hate to be the barer of bad news, but you're going to live a long, lonely life if you keep believing that irrationality is the only way to explain another persons lifestyle.
    let me address the editing first, it must have been simultaneous if what you say is true, now to address your all to unintelligible response
    first of you assumed I hadn't considered his life style, but as a matter of fact I have. Secondly, just because he believes it, and leads his life by it, doesn't make it rational, and lastly if we all lived by my rationale, we would help each other as needed for our own benefit , and we could still have fun, play, outside, and live, but only for our own pleasure, which is likely what your doing as your contemplating your reply, after all the only reason your replying is to beat me, it's not for anyone else's gain, am I right?

Now to the more intelligible responder

Because I give a damn about other people, not everyone on the planet is a sociopath only looking out for themselves. That was the whole point of my "community" talk, as social animals we have tendencies to care about other people and other animals. I care because it's in my nature to care about others. The capacity to care has a clear evolutionary benefit.
    Yes, it has a benefit to our species not to ourselves, = irrational, and FYI, by nature we are irrational, living by your human nature only makes you counter productive

and moosicgawd I'm going to have edit my post after your reply, if you have a problem w/it edit yours
    Last edited by tdct; 08-01-2010 at 05:20 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

let me address the editing first, it must have been simultaneous if what you say is true, now to address your all to unintelligible response
    first of you assumed I hadn't considered his life style, but as a matter of fact I have. Secondly, just because he believes it, and leads his life by it, doesn't make it rational, and lastly if we all lived by my rationale, we would help each other as needed for our own benefit , and we could still have fun, play, outside, and live, but only for our own pleasure, which is likely what your doing as your contemplating your reply, after all the only reason your replying is to beat me, it's not for anyone else's gain, am I right?
    I'm replying because it's 1:15 am and my girlfriend is keeping me up and I'm bored out of my whits, friend.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast