Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by scmogc0 View Post
    mine are also fixed like in house's tutorial... but still won't work online
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/368-call-d...-textures.html

have you tried this?

Thanks
    Well I dont have either of the two remaining requests done, so whichever you guys want to pick I can take the other.

As for getting them to work, look towards the end of the tutorial stickies, and I think there is a solution, because after another patch, some people couldn't, while other people could use textures.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by se7en_ace View Post
    Yea, I'll give it a try when I get home tonight.
    thnx, cant wait XD

-btw i want to make the metal ak74u
    but isn't it a request for ak47?
    wich one?
    Last edited by ipaddie; 02-16-2011 at 11:24 AM.
    [IMG]https://lh5.googleuserconten*****m/_VM7CzD3-Bts/Tdz_vPLc_UI/AAAAAAAAARI/LqSKtMs9SUA/mw3.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    A couple pages back. He said he wanted a metal AKu+Metal makarov. So ill take the hello kitty M16, if nobody else will.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by z11 View Post
    @people wanting gold CAMOS. Its just not possible. The files that are necessary to make gold, gold, are not there for normal camo files. The BEST that can be done is a faint gold look a like, that will not shine very much. IE Yellow. The gold effect in game needs both specular AND environment files, which normal camos only have the color file.

I am not positive, but I have not seen any environment files for guns either, meaning the gold that I can do would not be a replica, and fairly dark. It may be entirely possible though, as I am still toying with gold. I have replicated it in MW2 with just color and specular files though. So ill give it a shot and see.
    trol just readed this
    owned: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/368-call-d...gold-mine.html
    [IMG]https://lh5.googleuserconten*****m/_VM7CzD3-Bts/Tdz_vPLc_UI/AAAAAAAAARI/LqSKtMs9SUA/mw3.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaddie View Post
    Those are gun skins, not camos.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by derpderp View Post
    A couple pages back. He said he wanted a metal AKu+Metal makarov. So ill take the hello kitty M16, if nobody else will.
    hey derpderp, I'd be down to take the metal aku and makarov off your hands if you'd like.
    the thing is, do you know what he wants specifically? because the ak74u is already all black....like the alleged wood furniture is already black. How could it be more metallic? -Shiny? as for the makarov... the only wood part is the grip... which you dont really see.... make it black?

ipaddie

I found out how to use these online... at least, they work for me. I did not do anything to your files, nor did I use a texture installer or the iw_26.iwd.

I copied and backed up my iw_14.iwd file for reverting

I extracted the files (from iw_26.iwd) and put the ones I wanted into the iw_14.iwd in the BO main folder. Once done, I closed it (opened the iwd in rar) and renamed the iw_14 to localized_english_modded_iw_14.iwd

This fix was posted by toobanooba and stickied on the Black Ops Texture Modding subforum.
    This worked FOR ME.

proof:

[img]https://i269.photobucke*****m/albums/jj60/dhuynh289/Untadsfadsitled.jpg[/img]
    Last edited by se7en_ace; 02-16-2011 at 09:56 PM.

Thanks
    hey derpderp, I'd be down to take the metal aku and makarov off your hands if you'd like.
    the thing is, do you know what he wants specifically? because the ak74u is already all black....like the alleged wood furniture is already black. How could it be more metallic? -Shiny? as for the makarov... the only wood part is the grip... which you dont really see.... make it black?

@ipaddie

I found out how to use these online... at least, they work for me. I did not do anything to your files, nor did I use a texture installer or the iw_26.iwd.

I extracted the files (from iw_26.iwd) and put the ones I wanted into the iw_14.iwd in the BO main folder. Once done, I closed it (opened the iwd in rar) and renamed the iw_14 to localized_english_modded_iw_14.iwd

This fix was posted by toobanooba and stickied on the Black Ops Texture Modding subforum.
    This worked FOR ME.

proof:

[img]https://i269.photobucke*****m/albums/jj60/dhuynh289/Untadsfadsitled.jpg[/img]
    we should add this too the sticky, as i said it will work...

sigh no one believes me >.<

(im toobanooba) you jelly?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by alexzor View Post
    we should add this too the sticky, as i said it will work...

sigh no one believes me >.<

(im toobanooba) you jelly?
    HA toobanooba, what happened? one second you're postin and then I see you're banned

10. The Following User Says Thank You to se7en_ace For This Useful Post:

alexzor (02-17-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    isn't working for me and a lot of people....
    help find another way

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    here's my try on metal ak74u
    it has a shiny reflection
    [IMG]https://lh6.googleuserconten*****m/_VM7CzD3-Bts/TV1WofLruFI/AAAAAAAAAJ8/PiWggxi8c-Q/ak74uu.png[/IMG]

virusscans:
    AK74umetal.zip MD5:0dadaebe0980ff0b3079c1285183949d - VirSCAN.org Scanners did not find malware!
    VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ipaddie For This Useful Post:

gdawg333 (02-17-2011),se7en_ace (02-17-2011),that_guy_who_exists (02-18-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaddie View Post
    isn't working for me and a lot of people....
    help find another way
    What I did was take your iwi files and put them in the iw_14.iwd file then renamed it to localized_English_modded_iw_14.iwd and now it works.

If this doesn't work I would try to remake it using house's tut. and at the end renaming the iw_14.iwd to localized_English_modded_iw_14.iwd.

Thanks

ipaddie

This worked FOR ME.

proof:

The magazine is wood on the 74u.

and on the makarov, almost the entire thing is wooden...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by that_guy_who_exists View Post
    The magazine is wood on the 74u.

and on the makarov, almost the entire thing is wooden...
    I respectfully disagree about the wooden parts. The mags for the aks74u are metal. When you see the orange ones, its because its painted orange. Google some images. The only wooden parts of an aks74u is the pistol grip and the front grip. In Black OPS, both are synthetic and are already black.

As for the makarov, the entire pistol is metal, except for a faux wood brownish grip cover. Please look these up if needed. The Black Ops version has a metal that is very faded, grey almost. Pistols are no longer made of wood and the makarov is definitely not wooden.

iPaddie's metal aks74u at the top of this page looks great so i believe I do not have to skin that. I did the same thing to the makarov. I made the brown grip black and made it shine like metal. Should I release it?

Quote Originally Posted by gdawg333 View Post
    What I did was take your iwi files and put them in the iw_14.iwd file then renamed it to localized_English_modded_iw_14.iwd and now it works.

If this doesn't work I would try to remake it using house's tut. and at the end renaming the iw_14.iwd to localized_English_modded_iw_14.iwd.
    I just said that...... one page ago... which was last night. the same exact thing

Thanks
    I respectfully disagree about the wooden parts. The mags for the aks74u are metal. When you see the orange ones, its because its painted orange. Google some images. The only wooden parts of an aks74u is the pistol grip and the front grip. In Black OPS, both are synthetic and are already black.

As for the makarov, the entire pistol is metal, except for a faux wood brownish grip cover. Please look these up if needed. The Black Ops version has a metal that is very faded, grey almost. Pistols are no longer made of wood and the makarov is definitely not wooden.

iPaddie's metal aks74u at the top of this page looks great so i believe I do not have to skin that. I did the same thing to the makarov. I made the brown grip black and made it shine like metal. Should I release it?

I just said that...... one page ago... which was last night. the same exact thing
    It doesnt really matter what its actually made of, be it synthetic plastic, or real wood, its the looks of it that he wants changed. Just a solid metal looking gun in game, regardless of what it was actually designed to be.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast