Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    When I was recording the Muslim protestors by our house my mommy said "Honey, stop waving at the muslims"

Its on youtube somewhere..
    Your signature has been removed due to excessive homosexuality.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post
    I understand what you're saying but we're all hypocrites if we tell ours selfs not to use dark humor. We use it all the time with 9\11 and such. I guess we all feel different about it.

For example, I don't like being called jetafag but I get why some people might find it funney. I don't call people out on it as long as I know they aren't using it in an offensive manner. (Obviously your case is much more sevre then mine).

What I'm talking about is real racisim; like categorizing a group of people based on their ethnicity.
    Sup jetagay.

If someone calls you a fat bitch then its alright to be offended, but lets say you call yourself a fat bitch for whatever reason, then someone else tells you you're a fat bitch. Would you get offended?

Pretty much the same way blacks use the N word but for some reason everyone else can't. Makes perfect sense, no?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    Sup jetagay.

If someone calls you a fat bitch then its alright to be offended, but lets say you call yourself a fat bitch for whatever reason, then someone else tells you you're a fat bitch. Would you get offended?

Pretty much the same way blacks use the N word but for some reason everyone else can't. Makes perfect sense, no?
    Exactly what I'm saying. Lemme see you get on your knees, do a few hundred years of labor being called jetafag like it's your first name, whipped occasionally, burnt sometimes, maybe a little flogging, and to top it off, have everyone that's similar to you, including family, be called jetafags. Even after finishing the labor. Jetafag jetafag jetafag.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    You guys should take some sociology courses when you get into a university. You'll love it.
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post
    You guys should take some sociology courses when you get into a university. You'll love it.
    What u mean by that?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miliam View Post
    What u mean by that?

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sick
    I dont like how black people get offended when i say the word ******,IMO its a fun word to use,i dont use it to be racist,its just a fun thing to yell out or call someone,i just like how it rolls off my tongue,im not racist though.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Be careful guys, I don't want this to turn into a flame war.

Calling someone a niggah is no worse then calling them retarded. I mean, retarded people weren't even given a chance back in the day, they were killed dead on the spot.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 03-11-2011 at 11:45 PM.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

Calling someone a niggah is no worse then calling them retarded. I mean, retarded people weren't even given a chance back in the day, they were killed dead on the spot.
    Too many people use it too casually, so no one cares.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    I dont like how black people get offended when i say the word ******,IMO its a fun word to use,i dont use it to be racist,its just a fun thing to yell out or call someone,i just like how it rolls off my tongue,im not racist though.
    Go to anywhere in Philly and yell it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    What u mean by that?
    You'll learn all about race and class inequalities and shit. Really get into the dynamics in society. A lot of our perceptions of race are based on people's socioeconomic status.

General idea: Black people actually get fucked over by the system so when they say that just keep in mind its actually true. The entire education system in the US is stacked against lower class minorities while the middle to upper class whites benefit from everything. And since education and life outcomes are so closely tied that kids who are intrinsically equal from birth end up getting taught in essentially two separate education systems which sets up minorities for failure and whites for success. A lot of our perceptions of different racial and ethnic groups come from their life outcomes, so if the system is set up in a way that minorities fail school then those same minorities are the ones who are more likely to commit crimes and live on welfare etc. In the end the system we have set up for our children fosters a lot of the ideas we come up with about certain people and races.

A lot more is going on behind the issue of race then just what one person sees in another. You have to realize that racial thinking isn't something we're born with, it comes from the society we're raised in. We're socialized into thinking about different races in certain ways. You can't say ending racism is simply to get people to be accepting of one another. There is a lot more going on then you may think. Ending racism calls for major social reform of many social institutions such as our education system. Racism is more complicated than we can ever comprehend.

So while you may hate racist people etc, just remember that there is a lot more at play then just some ignorant people spewing hate.
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

Humongous difference between nigga and ******. Nigga is the same thing as dude. Literally. "back off nigga" "back of dude". ****** is racist. You don't throw that around. There's a reason we say nigga. It's softer and more friendly (kinda). You can throw around nigga.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Humorous is also offensive. You can call a fat bitch a hippo, yeah, it's funny, but offensive. Fat bitch knows that she is called hippo. Black people know that they are called ******. Neither of them like it. Do their senses tingle when they hear it? Yes. After a while of not being called it, does the hippo want to be called hippo any longer? No. Will the hippo get mad at being called hippo? Yes. Explains my case.
    Just lose some weight

I think the major issue lies within cultural traiditions and such, much like the example Jeta posted in the OP. When racism remains a part of tradition is when I get mad. I don't give a shit if you call me a chink, a slanty, a slopey, a rice farmer or anything like that. I don't give a shit. Just don't tell me I can't date an Aussie, or a Columbian just because my eyes are thinner than yours
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Humongous difference between nigga and ******. Nigga is the same thing as dude. Literally. "back off nigga" "back of dude". ****** is racist. You don't throw that around. There's a reason we say nigga. It's softer and more friendly (kinda). You can throw around nigga.
    Well nigga derives from ******; I don't see how it could be any better :/ That's subjective though and also a never ending debate so there's no point getting into it.

And what Doc said is exactly what I'm getting at.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post

You'll learn all about race and class inequalities and shit. Really get into the dynamics in society. A lot of our perceptions of race are based on people's socioeconomic status.

General idea: Black people actually get fucked over by the system so when they say that just keep in mind its actually true. The entire education system in the US is stacked against lower class minorities while the middle to upper class whites benefit from everything. And since education and life outcomes are so closely tied that kids who are intrinsically equal from birth end up getting taught in essentially two separate education systems which sets up minorities for failure and whites for success. A lot of our perceptions of different racial and ethnic groups come from their life outcomes, so if the system is set up in a way that minorities fail school then those same minorities are the ones who are more likely to commit crimes and live on welfare etc. In the end the system we have set up for our children fosters a lot of the ideas we come up with about certain people and races.

A lot more is going on behind the issue of race then just what one person sees in another. You have to realize that racial thinking isn't something we're born with, it comes from the society we're raised in. We're socialized into thinking about different races in certain ways. You can't say ending racism is simply to get people to be accepting of one another. There is a lot more going on then you may think. Ending racism calls for major social reform of many social institutions such as our education system. Racism is more complicated than we can ever comprehend.

So while you may hate racist people etc, just remember that there is a lot more at play then just some ignorant people spewing hate.
    Amazing analogy I have to say (if that's the right word for it). Thats why the whites are the ones hated the most by every other race. They seem to think they own the world. They don't. A black man does. Barack Obama owns the world. Anything he does can change it in a snap. They blame him for everything bush fucked up. Sorry that he's trying to help the whole damn world. Not like the education system is going to allow black students much of anything. Obama was lucky he lived in a good area with a good school.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast