Thread: Parasite

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Alright get ready for my wall of text.
    Here we go...This is a brief description on my views and opinions on the signature collab by Doc and by Scrcrw (Fuck it. I won't even attempt to spell that.) called "Parasite" The signature was released to this forum on April first. The signature was done fairly well and had a lot of effort put into it. The work done seems uneven, and I really do see more of Doc's style in this rather than Scrcrw(Again, fuck the spelling). I rate this signature 3/5 () stars or 6/10.

The first thing I look at when looking at a signature is whether it is aesthetically pleasing. This signature is fairly aesthetically pleasing but I feel that the yellow sticks out too much. It could have been blended to a more equal fashion, or left to just stick out a bit. It's nice to the eyes, I like the general feel to it.

The next similar thing is the overall look of the signature. Well done, before paying attention to the details it looks really good. This is one of the things that probably gained you so many positive comments.

The effects used were restricted to only a few, one of which is the most obvious is the pentool, and a hell of a fucking good job you did on that! If I was to only grade you on that it would be more than just a 5/5 signature. However everything must be looked at, and this lacks a few effects that would go well in place.

Next I want to talk a bit about the depth. To me, the image feels pretty flat, and the only depth I see is the render's arm covering a piece of the letter. Otherwise I don't fell the depth there, and I feel it could have been created better with more use of the photoshop tools, and possibly blur tools. I really like the signature but again, there are things it lacks and this is another one of those things.

Is everything going into one direction when I look at it? No. Does it have a well balanced flow? Fuck yes. When I look at the signature, my eyes start at the very right side of the picture and move slow to the render, and then to the text. It amazes me at the skills used to create such magnificent flow. Maybe I am exasperating, but I can't get over how good the flow is. No matter where I start my eyes end up in the same place, and the render is perfectly placed along the background to where my eyes are dragged. Then the text is directly next to it, and my eyes are attracted to that. This is one of the amazing things about your signature!

The image looks very together, but I somehow think that the render didn't quite fit in at first. You guys did a good job of trying to get it to blend in, and screwing with the colours and pentool until it looks beautiful. However, I find that the render still sticks out too much in certain parts, and not enough in others. This is one of the grave mistakes on the signature, and I feel that you really should try to work on this.

Lighting... (Two more paras to go, stay with me here!) Well for modifying the render, the lighting was actually pretty good. Unfortunately his left hand I felt should not have had light, and certain parts on his left arm were generally not supposed to have light. HOWEVER, that is not your fault, the render was that way in the first place and I completely understand, you did the best a person could do out of the inevitable and deserve credit for that, this did not affect my opinion of the signature at all, if anything it made me realize how much more of pros you two are.

What pissed me off a bit was the fact that there is no border at all. Seriously, just two fucking black lines would suffice, why the hell do all of you just skip the borders. Borders should be the finishing touch to any great signature. Your great signature lacks a border. Therefore I consider it unfinished!

The adjustment layers were used properly, the smudging well, and the effects fit just right. I really liked these parts of the signature. These felt well done and were probably the most I liked out of every part in your signature.

My favorite part, though, was the text. It blends so perfectly, it is so well done, and the colours fit, and the font fits, and the shit around it fit. ORGASM TYPOGRAPHY. YOU DESERVE A CLAP FOR THIS MY FRIEND.

In conclusion, the signature was definitely a good one, but lacked things in certain aspects and could have been done better. This is a rating for your level and no one else's, this is rated according to your experience level and your talents. If anyone else had made the signature, believe me the rating would have been different, but thats a part of creating or developing your opinion. Good job making this signature, and I hope to see much of your work in the future.

For everyone that dissagrees with me and would like to flame me:
    https://pastebin.com/FaxuiSyQ
    Last edited by Roxter; 04-06-2011 at 02:47 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    you know i kinda liked your post except the last paragraph
    But i found myself looking for the aspects you said were missing but you never mentioned them
    (besides the border)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Keroaplt View Post
    you know i kinda liked your post except the last paragraph
    But i found myself looking for the aspects you said were missing but you never mentioned them
    (besides the border)
    That tells me you didn't read the entire thing, I mentioned multiple times how the signature lacks multiple things. Read the depth paragraph, the effects one, etc...
    Glad you liked it, took me a while to write out.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    @Roxter

im not gonna lie bro, that was ALOT of typing and all i could read was the 1st paragraph and the first 2 sentences of the second paragraph.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    well i did read everything but i never saw what effects could have complimented the sig or how to fix the depth
    but i may have missed that

179° 56′ 39.4″, +0° 2′ 46.2″, 7,940 ± 420 parsecs
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    God now that's a CnC NJ Roxter...

Its a good collab, and im sure that a ton fo work when into it, but it just doesn't have that Wow factor, everything flows nicely, but its not something that screams amazing to the untrained eye anyway, other people might judge by the amount of work that went into a piece rather than by its final look.
    Last edited by Liz; 04-06-2011 at 03:25 PM.

If anyone claims to be me via any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
    I
    do not do requests via PM. Post in the appropriate section.

Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxter View Post
    Alright get ready for my wall of text.
    Here we go...This is a brief description on my views and opinions on the signature collab by Doc and by Scrcrw (Fuck it. I won't even attempt to spell that.) called "Parasite" The signature was released to this forum on April first. The signature was done fairly well and had a lot of effort put into it. The work done seems uneven, and I really do see more of Doc's style in this rather than Scrcrw(Again, fuck the spelling). I rate this signature 3/5 () stars or 6/10.

The first thing I look at when looking at a signature is whether it is aesthetically pleasing. This signature is fairly aesthetically pleasing but I feel that the yellow sticks out too much. It could have been blended to a more equal fashion, or left to just stick out a bit. It's nice to the eyes, I like the general feel to it.

The next similar thing is the overall look of the signature. Well done, before paying attention to the details it looks really good. This is one of the things that probably gained you so many positive comments.

The effects used were restricted to only a few, one of which is the most obvious is the pentool, and a hell of a fucking good job you did on that! If I was to only grade you on that it would be more than just a 5/5 signature. However everything must be looked at, and this lacks a few effects that would go well in place.

Next I want to talk a bit about the depth. To me, the image feels pretty flat, and the only depth I see is the render's arm covering a piece of the letter. Otherwise I don't fell the depth there, and I feel it could have been created better with more use of the photoshop tools, and possibly blur tools. I really like the signature but again, there are things it lacks and this is another one of those things.

Is everything going into one direction when I look at it? No. Does it have a well balanced flow? Fuck yes. When I look at the signature, my eyes start at the very right side of the picture and move slow to the render, and then to the text. It amazes me at the skills used to create such magnificent flow. Maybe I am exasperating, but I can't get over how good the flow is. No matter where I start my eyes end up in the same place, and the render is perfectly placed along the background to where my eyes are dragged. Then the text is directly next to it, and my eyes are attracted to that. This is one of the amazing things about your signature!

The image looks very together, but I somehow think that the render didn't quite fit in at first. You guys did a good job of trying to get it to blend in, and screwing with the colours and pentool until it looks beautiful. However, I find that the render still sticks out too much in certain parts, and not enough in others. This is one of the grave mistakes on the signature, and I feel that you really should try to work on this.

Lighting... (Two more paras to go, stay with me here!) Well for modifying the render, the lighting was actually pretty good. Unfortunately his left hand I felt should not have had light, and certain parts on his left arm were generally not supposed to have light. HOWEVER, that is not your fault, the render was that way in the first place and I completely understand, you did the best a person could do out of the inevitable and deserve credit for that, this did not affect my opinion of the signature at all, if anything it made me realize how much more of pros you two are.

What pissed me off a bit was the fact that there is no border at all. Seriously, just two fucking black lines would suffice, why the hell do all of you just skip the borders. Borders should be the finishing touch to any great signature. Your great signature lacks a border. Therefore I consider it unfinished!

The adjustment layers were used properly, the smudging well, and the effects fit just right. I really liked these parts of the signature. These felt well done and were probably the most I liked out of every part in your signature.

My favorite part, though, was the text. It blends so perfectly, it is so well done, and the colours fit, and the font fits, and the shit around it fit. ORGASM TYPOGRAPHY. YOU DESERVE A CLAP FOR THIS MY FRIEND.

In conclusion, the signature was definitely a good one, but lacked things in certain aspects and could have been done better. This is a rating for your level and no one else's, this is rated according to your experience level and your talents. If anyone else had made the signature, believe me the rating would have been different, but thats a part of creating or developing your opinion. Good job making this signature, and I hope to see much of your work in the future.

For everyone that dissagrees with me and would like to flame me:
    Now, the first bitch to tell me that I don't know what I am talking about, I WIL - Pastebin.com
    I could have explained all this in one para.
    Learn2adjective.
    Last edited by Assalamu alaikum; 04-06-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    God now that's a CnC NJ Roxter...

Its a good collab, and im sure that a ton fo work when into it, but it just doesn't have that Wow factor, everything flows nicely, but its not something that screams amazing to the untrained eye anyway, other people might judge by the amount of work that went into a piece rather than by its final look.
    Other's might rate by the level of experience, the amount of effort put into the work, or depending on whether or not the person rating could recreate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Bawls View Post
    I could have explained all this in one para.
    Learn2adjective.
    I could learn not to spam ;D.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    CnC
    I agree with everything cept borders. Fuck borders, they are so 2006. But nice job on the CnC
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

I agree with everything cept borders. Fuck borders, they are so 2006. But nice job on the CnC
    I didn't agree with everything..

I thought the part about depth was kinda meh..
    there is really only a couple flat spots,
    and it's mostly on the focal.

Borders thing..na.

Everything else was aight.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Glad we see eye to eye (other than the borders). Borders should be included, just for the sake of it not looking like the image being cut off.

Thanks
    Glad we see eye to eye (other than the borders). Borders should be included, just for the sake of it not looking like the image being cut off.
    Boarders can ruin a great sig, jussayin.
    [IMG]https://i238.photobucke*****m/albums/ff303/colby1666/Signatures/DayDream-1.png[/IMG]
    x x x x x x

179° 56′ 39.4″, +0° 2′ 46.2″, 7,940 ± 420 parsecs
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    but they can make others...

If anyone claims to be me via any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
    I
    do not do requests via PM. Post in the appropriate section.

Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liz For This Useful Post:

Ryguy (04-07-2011),Taco (04-06-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I thought he was going to make a fool of himself.
    +1 respect from me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I thought he was going to make a fool of himself.
    +1 respect from me.
    Lol imagine ripped C&C?

He passed it off to kiki

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast