Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post

Half-Life 2 is really popular though,and so is counter strike,both of those games had tons of sales,and the graphics werent that great.If you play pc and you havent heard of those games....facepalm.
    @Nightmare, I changed my post sorry about that, read it again.
    @Om Nom, agreed my good sir.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sick
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

Half-Life 1 came out when? Also the storyline behind HL1 was brand new, it had not been done before. HL1 was also released with the WON network, something else that was brand new and gamers were interested in. You can NEVER use HL1 as a reference, because the game came out when FPS's weren't known, it was revolutionary for it's time, the graphics were amazing for it's time, and so forth.

Combat Arms is currently still maintained today, when we have games like fucking Crysis. I'm fairly sure the graphics today are different than the graphics back in the fucking nineties. @Bear Jew
    IMO the best looking f2p game is AVA,and that game's graphics are barely on par with CoD 4,so free to play games are usually behind in terms of graphics :/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post

IMO the best looking f2p game is AVA,and that game's graphics are barely on par with CoD 4,so free to play games are usually behind in terms of graphics :/
    That is true, but my point there was to correlate the differences people pick out in games as to why they play them. Think about if CA had A.V.A graphics, but kept CA gameplay. That would be pretty nice, am I right?

And yes, F2P games will always be behind in graphics, as the teams making the games aren't making as much for their time compared to gameplay. But come on, Nexon is fucking rich from Maplestory alone, let alone CA, Vindictus, Mabinogi, etc..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Half-Life 1 came out when? Also the storyline behind HL1 was brand new, it had not been done before. HL1 was also released with the WON network, something else that was brand new and gamers were interested in. You can NEVER use HL1 as a reference, because the game came out when FPS's weren't known, it was revolutionary for it's time, the graphics were amazing for it's time, and so forth.

Combat Arms is currently still maintained today, when we have games like fucking Crysis. I'm fairly sure the graphics today are different than the graphics back in the fucking nineties. @Bear Jew
    You're changing the subject, I was making a point, the game graphic wasn't amazing, it was on par with many games that was released, they kept the same designed even in the early 2000s. But I am old. Half-Life 1 storyline and gameplay was the key to its success. Which you made my point.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Another factor to consider is the power of the computers of the time. Games like Crysis are insanely graphically intensive, and so can only be run by those with computers to handle it. Combat Arms focuses it's appeal on players who either A) Don't have the computers for a game like that or B) Don't want to pay for a game. Group A makes up most of the paying population of CA.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Jew View Post
    You're changing the subject, I was making a point, the game graphic wasn't amazing, it was on par with many games that was released, they kept the same designed even in the early 2000s. But I am old. Half-Life 1 storyline and gameplay was the key to its success. Which you made my point.
    I do agree that HL1's storyline made its success, but that doesn't cut it anymore. In these days, kids just want games that have good graphics, good physics, and fast-paced action. Hell, in CoD: Black Ops you can change the settings so when you start the game it goes right into Multiplayer. Kids don't give a damn about the storyline anymore, which is upsetting, but it's true. Hence the reason I keep bringing up the point that Nexon should spend more time working on the graphics and physics for CA, considering the graphics and physics suck. If they were to revamp CA graphically, I can guarantee we would see thousands of people flocking to the game.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

I do agree that HL1's storyline made its success, but that doesn't cut it anymore. In these days, kids just want games that have good graphics, good physics, and fast-paced action. Hell, in CoD: Black Ops you can change the settings so when you start the game it goes right into Multiplayer. Kids don't give a damn about the storyline anymore, which is upsetting, but it's true. Hence the reason I keep bringing up the point that Nexon should spend more time working on the graphics and physics for CA, considering the graphics and physics suck. If they were to revamp CA graphically, I can guarantee we would see thousands of people flocking to the game.
    The majority of players on CA right now cannot even play CA on maxed graphics settings. Personally I can only run 1400x900, all settings on high and 4x AA.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

I like my game..

FOR HOLLAND!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I like my game..

FOR HOLLAND!

Civilization V, anyone?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcium View Post
    The majority of players on CA right now cannot even play CA on maxed graphics settings. Personally I can only run 1400x900, all settings on high and 4x AA.
    I can run CA on the EXACT same settings as you. Ironic right?

But my point here is that Nexon is not trying to bring themselves about in a way that would help their business, but rather in a way that gives them quick money for short periods of time. They aren't spending their resources how they should be, and they can easily revamp CA's physics and graphics while still giving the option to view everything on a lower performance basis for those who are in the A. category (according to your post Calcium).

If Nexon just focused their attention to todays demographic, I believe they would produce a better game and increase their annual income. But they don't turn their direction towards todays demographics, they focus on what weapon they can NERF next for those who don't pay, and how to make the butthurt kids start paying for NX. They only focus on the players they already have, instead of trying to attract new players as well.

@Bear Jew, okay I agree Civ V beats any FPS. YOU WIN

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

I can run CA on the EXACT same settings as you. Ironic right?

But my point here is that Nexon is not trying to bring themselves about in a way that would help their business, but rather in a way that gives them quick money for short periods of time. They aren't spending their resources how they should be, and they can easily revamp CA's physics and graphics while still giving the option to view everything on a lower performance basis for those who are in the A. category (according to your post Calcium).

If Nexon just focused their attention to todays demographic, I believe they would produce a better game and increase their annual income. But they don't turn their direction towards todays demographics, they focus on what weapon they can NERF next for those who don't pay, and how to make the butthurt kids start paying for NX. They only focus on the players they already have, instead of trying to attract new players as well.

@Bear Jew, okay I agree Civ V beats any FPS. YOU WIN
    That's not Civ V, btw. That's a much older game.
    Civ V does beat any FPS game. Which is why I have nearly two bloody weeks of in game play time.

Anyways, I believe Nexon is attempting to AVOID competing with paid games that have much improved graphics.

I can see how Nexon could use a slight increase in graphics and physics to perhaps take some players from AVA, but a drastic increase would actually be a WASTE of effort. Why? Because paid games have a much larger base to work from, and THEIR graphics can be improved much faster than Nexon can improve CA's graphics.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcium View Post
    That's not Civ V, btw. That's a much older game.
    Civ V does beat any FPS game. Which is why I have nearly two bloody weeks of in game play time.

Anyways, I believe Nexon is attempting to AVOID competing with paid games that have much improved graphics.

I can see how Nexon could use a slight increase in graphics and physics to perhaps take some players from AVA, but a drastic increase would actually be a WASTE of effort. Why? Because paid games have a much larger base to work from, and THEIR graphics can be improved much faster than Nexon can improve CA's graphics.
    @Calcium
    Wanna play together?

I wanna play as the Kingdom of Israel though. <<;
    Last edited by Mouzie; 08-11-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    @Calcium
    Wanna play together?

I wanna play as the Kingdom of Israel though. <<;
    I'm on my laptop. CiV is only on my desktop. This old piece of junk couldn't handle it either. I have trouble getting the internet up.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    o really ... compare the nx AR's with the gp ones

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    They make money

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast