View Poll Results: Should MPGH Participate?

Voters
8. This poll is closed
  • Yes.

8 100.00%
  • No.

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    @Ed @Cthulhu They will only lose profit AND profit margin if they do the protest. Shutting down either of them for a day (in which it would have to be both as google owns facebook) would cause instability in their advertisement protocol. It's financial suicide for them to shut down for a day, they would need to reimburse MILLIONS of dollars to advertisement companies. They won't be affected by SOPA either. It would never affect them in the sense that google is too powerful of an American company for any government official nor corporate official to try to shut down. They will never have to worry about SOPA.
    You're right. But God help America should SOPA pass.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    @Ed @Cthulhu They will only lose profit AND profit margin if they do the protest. Shutting down either of them for a day (in which it would have to be both as google owns facebook) would cause instability in their advertisement protocol. It's financial suicide for them to shut down for a day, they would need to reimburse MILLIONS of dollars to advertisement companies. They won't be affected by SOPA either. It would never affect them in the sense that google is too powerful of an American company for any government official nor corporate official to try to shut down. They will never have to worry about SOPA.
    Down for 1 day =! Down forever

Considering Youtube hosts millions of 'Copyrighted videos' I really don't see it being up & earning anywhere near that much revenue if this passes

You just said that google is more powerful than the internet
    You really don't understand what this is do you?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post

Considering Youtube hosts millions of 'Copyrighted videos' I really don't see it being up & earning anywhere near that much revenue if this passes

He also said that Google owns Facebook, so he clearly doesn't know shit.

Thanks

SOPA won't affect official organizations and companies. It will only affect any privately owned organization the government or a big shot corporate owner (higher say on the political scale) deems "innapropriate". This means blacklisting websites like hacking sites, torrenting sites, and ESPECIALLY fringe discussion sites. They would never do anything to harm such a monopolized corporate power such as google. But taking google down for just a day would easily make their stocks fall rapidly, as well the amount of money they would need to give back (on top of the money they WOULDN'T be making that day and where they would still need to pay the millions of people that provide for their services) would be enough to hurt them significantly. It wouldn't take them down, but it would do a LOT of irreversible damage, or damage that will take years to fix. It just won't happen.

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post

He also said that Google owns Facebook, so he clearly doesn't know shit.
    And fucking quote me wherever I said that, obviously you can't read.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Obviously you have no idea what SOPA is. Go read it

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

@Ed @Cthulhu They will only lose profit AND profit margin if they do the protest. Shutting down either of them for a day (in which it would have to be both as google owns facebook) would cause instability in their advertisement protocol.
    Found it.

Thanks
    Obviously you have no idea what SOPA is. Go read it

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Found it.
    FUCK I meant to put youtube /facepalm I might of made a typo but at least I don't believe in petty rumors about facebook shutting down And if you know oh so much about SOPA, why don't you iterate what it is in your own words? Obviously you know so much about it.
    Last edited by Lehsyrus; 01-15-2012 at 10:54 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    Facebook is scheduled to be shut down in March of next year, Mark Zuckerberg said it's too stressful and has gotten out of hand.
    WTF? That's the dumbest thing I've read all year

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

Lehsyrus (01-15-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

FUCK I meant to put youtube /facepalm
    Yet you called someone 'fucking stupid and said that they can't read'

Thanks

Yet you called someone 'fucking stupid and said that they can't read'

That was meant for his "facebook shutting down" comment Also, you still haven't iterated what you believe SOPA is, because I "obviously don't know what SOPA is", so let's here it.
    Last edited by Lehsyrus; 01-15-2012 at 10:57 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

SOPA won't affect official organizations and companies. It will only affect any privately owned organization the government or a big shot corporate owner (higher say on the political scale) deems "innapropriate". This means blacklisting websites like hacking sites, torrenting sites, and ESPECIALLY fringe discussion sites. They would never do anything to harm such a monopolized corporate power such as google. But taking google down for just a day would easily make their stocks fall rapidly, as well the amount of money they would need to give back (on top of the money they WOULDN'T be making that day and where they would still need to pay the millions of people that provide for their services) would be enough to hurt them significantly. It wouldn't take them down, but it would do a LOT of irreversible damage, or damage that will take years to fix. It just won't happen.
    SOPA will affect EVERYONE. Anyone who owns any sort of website that allows their userbase to contribute content is at risk. SOPA damages the internet as a whole, it is no longer free.. but it is filtered and controlled by those who have money.

Google and Facebook don't have to take down their sites, they have various options like PSAs and other creative shit. I don't plan to take down MPGH on the 18th, but we're definitely going to do something.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

That was meant for his "facebook shutting down" comment Also, you still haven't iterated what you believe SOPA is, because I "obviously don't know what SOPA is", so let's here it.
    really?

View K2cjJK.png on ScreenSnapr

SOPA Stands for 'Stop Online Piracy Act' aka Destroy the internet
    Any website hosting copyright material can be Sent to court and the website can be taken down
    To put it shortly

File serve can get taken down because someone may have uploaded something copyrighted to it
    Mega upload may have something copyrighted uploaded to it
    I'm pretty sure youtube has some copyrighted material uploaded to it
    Last edited by Ed; 01-15-2012 at 11:03 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    this is a retarded debate...over a debate...this is meta retarded.
    Who gives a fuck, we shouldn't be asking every motherfucker to earn there stripes to protest even if nobody here knows the correct definition or how dark this places the internet. They know enough about it to know that its not good for them in the short run or the long run.
    Therefore we shouldn't be bashing on the people who in fact could be the ones to help protest with you...
    Last edited by Cole; 01-15-2012 at 11:05 PM. Reason: rough draft. always gotta add punctuation

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    this is a retarded debate...over a debate...this is meta retarded.
    Who gives a fuck, we shouldn't be asking every motherfucker to earn there stripes to protest even if nobody here knows the correct definition or how dark this places the internet. They know enough about it to know that its not good for them in the short run or the long run.
    Therefore we shouldn't be bashing on the people who in fact could be the ones to help protest with you...
    He clearly doesn't know how bad it will be for him

IF THE SITE HAS THE POTENTIAL TO HOLD PICTURES, VIDEOS OR UPLOAD FILES IT HAS THE POTENTIAL TO GET TAKEN DOWN.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

He clearly doesn't know how bad it will be for him

IF THE SITE HAS THE POTENTIAL TO HOLD PICTURES, VIDEOS OR UPLOAD FILES IT HAS THE POTENTIAL TO GET TAKEN DOWN.
    your still not getting the point (now you dragged me into this debate over a debate)
    we all no the dangers of it and your continuing to bash on those who support your ideals even if there reasons aren't the same as yours..

Thanks
    Isn't the vote on the 24th?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast