Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Ok, read them all, ive updated wishlist.

MUCH cheaper now.

Also, about the DVD drive, i still have some DVD's which lie around and gets used for installing also, my dad likes burning CD's [especially for the car]

Umm.. about the 990x is it this? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-M5A99X-...=10PJ028MQZ5S3

How much RAM do i actually need? I'm starting to think i dont really need max ram [16gb]

I shall stay with the caviar blue, but why the big meh and the caviar black suggestion?

II X4 955 costs more but it is amazon

Shinobi case costs more, also, what makes the shinobi better then the antec 300?

I've seen on websites and like it suggests a 700w for a 6850? o.o so should i bump it up?

Is the 990x basically the same as my original motherboard? [forgotten name :s]

Do you reccomend buying from different sites e.g motherboard for X, gfx card for Y, case from Z ect.. because you know, there might be dodgey sites which are shit e.g customer service, packaging ect

If not ASUS? what should i pick then? D: I like sticking with big brands ;o

Can anyone give me a full finished build?

sorreh for long winded post, also, please reply to this in chronological order and dont like reply to certain/random ones so i get confused :S

Also, i dont give a shit if the case ect looks butt ugly, i just want power + functionality.

Also, about the case size, my pc sits on a floor with a certain area just for the PC, so no - i wont be having a full, maybe even a mid tower... idk, just as long as it doesn't JUST fit in, and has spare room. you know.

Dimensions are:
    58 cm height [UP + DOWN]
    27 cm width [SIDES <--->]
    49 cm depth [FRONT TO BACK E.G PSU TO POWER BUTTON]
    Last edited by FangedBeast; 02-27-2012 at 12:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irie View Post

It's funny how everyone comes to MPGH with their problems

Fuck her and get it over with..
    Press that 'Thanks' button below this if I helped you in my post

Thanks
    ^^
    Go with Alen's build but pick a 6870 instead of a 6950. That should bring the price closer to 500 pounds.

And no, a 6850 does not require a 700w PSU. A good 500w PSU is enough. 600w is recommend for headroom.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    [/COLOR]Anyone got any trusted bench marks [inc benchmarks for games like COD 6/4, BF3, TF2 ect.. the popular ones] for 5770, 6850, 6870 and GTX 560 Ti

I've even seen 5770's hit a playable framerate on BF3 ;O w/ fraps on youtube..

Getting mixed signals here xS

also, can you answer any other of my questions? 2 posts above this ^^

just another q: what does the Ti in the GTX 560 mean?
    Last edited by FangedBeast; 02-27-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by FangedBeast View Post
    [/COLOR]Anyone got any trusted bench marks [inc benchmarks for games like COD 6/4, BF3, TF2 ect.. the popular ones] for 5770, 6850, 6870 and GTX 560 Ti
    I don't have any proof but you can trust my word, I'm using the GTX 560 Ti and running BF3 on all High with a very nice smooth FPS of about 60-70 and MW2 nearly all maps 200-300 FPS.

Edit: The Ti at the end of GTX 560 means that it is an upgraded version of the GTX 560 and actually the Ti is very close to the GTX 590 in power but they price difference is huge, that's why I got the Ti when I was thinking of getting the 590.
    Last edited by Edvardas96; 02-27-2012 at 01:52 PM.
    <--- iShadowLTu as you can see in my Avatar picture is my In-Game name for most online games.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

I've even seen 5770's hit a playable framerate on BF3 ;O w/ fraps on youtube..

Getting mixed signals here xS

also, can you answer any other of my questions? 2 posts above this ^^

just another q: what does the Ti in the GTX 560 mean?
    Benchmarks = Google, I cbf to link a shitton of 'em here. Depending on resolution etc. you'll most likely get playable fps with everything listed in this thread, including a 5770. However, as I already mentioned, I wouldn't settle with anything less than the 6950 if you really don't need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengali View Post
    ^^
    Go with Alen's build but pick a 6870 instead of a 6950. That should bring the price closer to 500 pounds.

And no, a 6850 does not require a 700w PSU. A good 500w PSU is enough. 600w is recommend for headroom.
    What he said about the PSU, if you want to go down to 500 pounds stop buying off amazon and buy off a proper tech store. Scan.co.uk is what I used, a build with the 6950 comes exactly 550 with shipping and all.

Ok, read them all, ive updated wishlist.

MUCH cheaper now.

Also, about the DVD drive, i still have some DVD's which lie around and gets used for installing also, my dad likes burning CD's [especially for the car]

Umm.. about the 990x is it this? Asus M5A99X EVO AMD 990X ATX Motherboard (ASUS Dual Intelligent Processors 2 with DIGI+ VRM): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

How much RAM do i actually need? I'm starting to think i dont really need max ram [16gb]

I shall stay with the caviar blue, but why the big meh and the caviar black suggestion?

II X4 955 costs more but it is amazon

Shinobi case costs more, also, what makes the shinobi better then the antec 300?

I've seen on websites and like it suggests a 700w for a 6850? o.o so should i bump it up?

Is the 990x basically the same as my original motherboard? [forgotten name :s]

Do you reccomend buying from different sites e.g motherboard for X, gfx card for Y, case from Z ect.. because you know, there might be dodgey sites which are shit e.g customer service, packaging ect

If not ASUS? what should i pick then? D: I like sticking with big brands ;o

Can anyone give me a full finished build?

sorreh for long winded post, also, please reply to this in chronological order and dont like reply to certain/random ones so i get confused :S

Also, i dont give a shit if the case ect looks butt ugly, i just want power + functionality.

Also, about the case size, my pc sits on a floor with a certain area just for the PC, so no - i wont be having a full, maybe even a mid tower... idk, just as long as it doesn't JUST fit in, and has spare room. you know.

Dimensions are:
    58 cm height [UP + DOWN]
    27 cm width [SIDES <--->]
    49 cm depth [FRONT TO BACK E.G PSU TO POWER BUTTON]
    > DVD drive
    Unless you'll still end up using the old PC you could just salvage the CD/DVD drive from there.
    > 990x
    Yes, that's a 990x mobo. You can get cheaper ones though.
    > RAM
    No, you most definitely don't need 16GB. To be honest, 4GB should suffice if you don't hog it all with shitloads of programs. I personally rarely use more than 4GB when playing games and doing normal stuff. If you plan on being a busy multitasker though, at least 8GB would be good to have.
    > 990x vs other chipsets
    Already explained it very vaguely. Yes, it should be "the same" to you, but it's better. More stuff, bla bla bla.
    > Buying from multiple sites
    Hell yes, anything that gets you a decent price. Most sites are prolly legit, if something looks fishy just give them a call or something. I usually use Scan.co.uk for reference prices in the UK, though you can get sites with better deals.
    > ASUS
    GA, MSI, Asrock are all "big brands". In fact, GA even participated in chipset dev and standardization with Intel wheras Asus did not, afaik (just a fun fact). They're not any worse, they just make a range of products that might not be that fancy and flashy, but they get the job done just as well, if not better (top notch boards? I'll always go with Evga and GA. budget boards? Asrock or MSI)
    > Case
    The Shinobi is just easier to use, has better cable management, is more practical (e.g. the Antec doesn't have any removable trays etc.) Dunno 'bout the prices, I was told it's about the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by Edvardas96 View Post
    I don't have any proof but you can trust my word, I'm using the GTX 560 Ti and running BF3 on all High with a very nice smooth FPS of about 60-70 and MW2 nearly all maps 200-300 FPS.

Edit: The Ti at the end of GTX 560 means that it is an upgraded version of the GTX 560 and actually the Ti is very close to the GTX 590 in power but they price difference is huge, that's why I got the Ti when I was thinking of getting the 590.
    The 560 Ti is lower than the 570, definitely lower than the 580 and nowhere near the performance of a 590

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    About the salvaging of the dvd drive, i dont think i have the cover for the dvd drive for when i take it out...
    anyways.

I only just thought of this, but what about the OS? D: [windows 7] its like 70 :/ which if you add it to the £550 already, it makes £620 :S

also, about the 6950 gfx card @ alen, 1gb or 2gb? like will having 1gb affect me much? if at all...
    Last edited by FangedBeast; 02-28-2012 at 09:00 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    About the salvaging of the dvd drive, i dont think i have the cover for the dvd drive for when i take it out...
    anyways.

I only just thought of this, but what about the OS? D: [windows 7] its like 70 :/ which if you add it to the £550 already, it makes £620 :S

also, about the 6950 gfx card @ alen, 1gb or 2gb? like will having 1gb affect me much? if at all...
    Well I believe 2GB is only helpful if you are using two monitors
    However, the 2GB is just a little more expensive over here (€25 to be exact), so it might be helpful in the future.

As for the OS, I'd just torrent Windows 7 Ultimate x64 like everyone does

MSN: woutervvelsen@live.nl
    Timezone: GMT +1

Middleman since: April 13th, 2011
    Marketplace minion since: April 18th, 2011
    Runescape minion since: June 6th, 2011
    Moderator since: September 28th, 2011
    General Moderator since: November 2nd, 2011
    Global Moderator since: April 29th, 2012
    Super User since: November 1st, 2013

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    How would i torrent a OS if i have no OS in the first place? :O
    Also, what if i wanted to reformat my pc, i would have no disc? ;s

Okay, i googled some sites and like theres this site called ari*****.uk [advertising not intended] and like its £1 cheaper on most products compared to scan.co.uk

also, ive seen on aria ect, a PSU called apine value, its like £10-20, cheaper than the one you provided @ alen ~ but idk if it's like trusted because you know, im not good with brands and trusting brands ive never heard of ~ but as long as you tell me its good/compatiable then its kewll ;D.
    Last edited by FangedBeast; 02-28-2012 at 11:18 AM.

Thanks
    ^^
    I actually sell 100% legit Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit keys for dirt cheap prices. And no, these are not MSDN keys. They come straight from a legal microsoft merchant. PM me for more info.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    errr.
    well, im just enquiring xD
    dont need for you to like give me your stock list ;p

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravallo View Post

However, the 2GB is just a little more expensive over here (€25 to be exact), so it might be helpful in the future.

Not really two screens but like the resolution.
    If you had two of @Ghost's monitors, you'd have no problem.
    As it will be 24".

Okay, i googled some sites and like theres this site called ari*****.uk [advertising not intended] and like its £1 cheaper on most products compared to scan.co.uk

also, ive seen on aria ect, a PSU called apine value, its like £10-20, cheaper than the one you provided @ alen ~ but idk if it's like trusted because you know, im not good with brands and trusting brands ive never heard of ~ but as long as you tell me its good/compatiable then its kewll ;D.
    Provide the link to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengali View Post
    ^^
    I actually sell 100% legit Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit keys for dirt cheap prices. And no, these are not MSDN keys. They come straight from a legal microsoft merchant. PM me for more info.
    How much?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevenom View Post

Not really two screens but like the resolution.
    If you had two of @Ghost's monitors, you'd have no problem.
    As it will be 24".

Provide the link to it.

How much?
    I got a 24" screen
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

I got a 24" screen
    Talking about your 12" monitor.
    akakak

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevenom View Post

Talking about your 12" monitor.
    akakak
    Threw that shit out the window a long time ago
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravallo View Post

Not just that, more vram is hella fancier if you ever want higher resolutions, not just two screens. However with the 6950 the 2GB version is always unlockable afaik, wheras the 1GB are rarely so. So yes, def 2GB.

anyways.

Definitely get the 2GB version so you can unlock it to the 6970. You will literally get 6970-ish, if not even better at times, performance.

> No OS
    You have tons of OSes, some that can even run live sessions (for complete noobs I recommend a Ubuntu-based distro like Xubuntu)
    > Reformatting
    USB drives
    > Cheap PSUs
    Go for it, as I already said - every pound you can spare, spare. Budget PSUs are, contrary to popular belief, not that bad and as long as they do the job, well worth the money.

errr.
    well, im just enquiring xD
    dont need for you to like give me your stock list ;p
    1 bitcoin for a slightly illegal key (via MS' replacements office or w/e) or for a MSDN key that will last you till 2013

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast