Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    90% of this thread is QQ about america by teenagers.

Nuff said.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

AWildPatriot (08-12-2012),Lehsyrus (08-05-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    90% of this thread is QQ about america by teenagers.

Nuff said.
    90% of this thread is you arguing with teenagers about america.

Nuff said.

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Austin For This Useful Post:

Lehsyrus (08-05-2012),maximon555 (08-05-2012),scotbud123 (08-05-2012)

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post
    Canada and USA are great countries for different reasons. Hating BOTH of them is really saying a lot.
    Well, yeah. You're right. "Hate" is a pretty strong word. I do hate the American government, but that only makes me dis-like America as a whole. Same for Canada, I only dis-like it, I don't really hate it. (I still dis-like America more though.)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Well, yeah. You're right. "Hate" is a pretty strong word. I do hate the American government, but that only makes me dis-like America as a whole. Same for Canada, I only dis-like it, I don't really hate it. (I still dis-like America more though.)
    Do you like anything, or are you just here to criticize everything and think you could do better?
    [IMG]https://i1213.photobucke*****m/albums/cc463/masks1/my_loving_flame_by_mj_magic-d5gkrqk.jpg[/IMG]

"Christian Bible, the Gospel of Mark, chapter five, verse nine. We acknowledge this as an appropriate metaphor. We are Legion, a terminal of the Geth. We will integrate into Normandy."
    -Legion

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander X View Post
    Do you like anything, or are you just here to criticize everything and think you could do better?
    Do I like anything? That's a very vague question, I love lots of things.

Country wise? No, there's not many that I could say I "like". There's many that are BEARABLE, but not many that I like.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    So having a job makes you an expert in economics? Huh....so if I go get a job flipping burgers at McDonald's....I'm all of a sudden an expert at economics? Wow, amazing!!

You can like your shitty country all you like, but when you try to act like it's the best in the world that's when you're and over-patriotic idiot. Don't worry though, I hate Canada almost as much as America, both of these countries are pretty bad, America is just a lot worse.

Why do you get more immigrants? False promises mainly....Most of the people that immigrated to your great country had even harder times for a very long while than they did in their own country. The only good thing they got out of it was their children\grand-children got to have an easier time. But that usually took 1-2 generations of suffering and being bellow the dirt on the average American's shoe.

Plus, as we said, in the past it wasn't NEARLY as bad as it is now. 21st century and on is when the U.S really stuck the nail in their coffin. Everything from then on is just total shit.
    Did I say having a job makes you an expert in economics? No. You hate Canada too? Now this is just sad, all people should be proud of their country's history and heritage. Even if it is bad history the country as a whole learns from its mistakes. False promises? You mean work, if you have ever cracked open a history book you would know that America is MADE of immigrants. Kid if what you said is true, why is it that people are STILL coming here? Who is "we"? The present day American is way better his past counter part.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadtaha26 View Post
    America sucks anal... And I live in America.
    Well you could always you know... leave.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

-Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

Thanks
    Do I like anything? That's a very vague question, I love lots of things.

Country wise? No, there's not many that I could say I "like". There's many that are BEARABLE, but not many that I like.
    Searching for a utopia is a waste, a utopia will never exist in society, it's sad but true.
    [IMG]https://i1213.photobucke*****m/albums/cc463/masks1/my_loving_flame_by_mj_magic-d5gkrqk.jpg[/IMG]

"Christian Bible, the Gospel of Mark, chapter five, verse nine. We acknowledge this as an appropriate metaphor. We are Legion, a terminal of the Geth. We will integrate into Normandy."
    -Legion

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post

90% of this thread is you arguing with teenagers about america.

Nuff said.
    I gave up. I grow tired of kids who come in here more to flame america than to debate.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

I gave up. I grow tired of kids who come in here more to flame america than to debate.
    The funny thing is that for 99% America hasn't even done anything to them, I can understand if that they were being invaded by them but they just sit at the computer and they aren't even affected by them.

-Legion

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    The funny thing is that for 99% America hasn't even done anything to them, I can understand if that they were being invaded by them but they just sit at the computer and they aren't even affected by them.
    Ever hear of a thing called the global economy?

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Austin For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (08-06-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    America being the greatest country in the world is subjective to what you consider great. Some times, I guess when I'm on vacation, I consider tropical "third world" countries the greatest in the world, disconnected from the rest of the world, nice warm weather, ocean, everyone seems happy, no political unrest, no news, nothing to worry about, etc, to be paradise. Most of the time, I'm happy living in the USA, while not the most dominant super power there is like it was in the past, it's sum of the parts I sometimes consider as being the greatest in the world. It just really depends on what you look at, there really is no clear cut definition or choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    USA is trillions in debt. That debt is built by the US and it borrows from itself, raising inflation. Meanwhile, many European countries owe us war bonds from our help fixing up each countries economy after WWII. If the US collects this debt most countries economies will crumble. It's a "word of mouth" situation.
    America doesn't borrow from itself. It borrows the majority of money from other nations, and the rest is borrowed in form of bonds and t-bills, etc from citizens, all repaid and with interest. And there isn't a direct correlation between debt and inflation, if there was, our inflation would rise proportionally to our change in debt, which would devastate our economy.

---------- Post added at 04:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post

Ever hear of a thing called the global economy?
    America was responsible for a large percent of the recession, but not all, other countries contributed too. Even then, no one forced other countries to trade with America, in reality, countries can share just the same amount of blame by putting themselves in the predicament.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    America doesn't borrow from itself. It borrows the majority of money from other nations, and the rest is borrowed in form of bonds and t-bills, etc from citizens, all repaid and with interest. And there isn't a direct correlation between debt and inflation, if there was, our inflation would rise proportionally to our change in debt, which would devastate our economy.
    I think I read my source wrong, I thought it said the Federal Reserve was buying out all of the debt but it actually just says 1.2 trillion (in which all they're doing is printing out more money), which would raise inflation, but not as drastically as I thought. Japan holds about 640B, and china has 740B, while other countries hold another billion, but we're still about 10.4 Trillion in debt after of which. Then you have private investors, Mutual Funds, Pension Funds, Hedge Fund, etc.. God damn this country is going to be paying the interest off of it for years. But I still don't think our debt really matters at this point, America's becoming an Empire and we all know

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

I think I read my source wrong, I thought it said the Federal Reserve was buying out all of the debt but it actually just says 1.2 trillion (in which all they're doing is printing out more money), which would raise inflation, but not as drastically as I thought. Japan holds about 640B, and china has 740B, while other countries hold another billion, but we're still about 10.4 Trillion in debt after of which. Then you have private investors, Mutual Funds, Pension Funds, Hedge Fund, etc.. God damn this country is going to be paying the interest off of it for years. But I still don't think our debt really matters at this point, America's becoming an Empire and we all know
    You're probably looking at an old figure, China holds over a trillion dollars in debt (I think it was last 1.4T), but yeah, I'm no fan of the deficit either. If it reached anywhere near 16T, I'd probably exchange my money out of USD, there's only a certain amount of debt you can take before the interest buries you. The only thing that comforts me is that we haven't reached our GDP, and we have been in this situation before and came out of it just fine.

Not sure what you mean by becoming an "empire," we're technically one because we own territories and all that stuff, but if you mean by like Iraq and Afghanistan or w/e, I don't find it that comforting due to it being a large reason of our ever increasing debt.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post

You're probably looking at an old figure, China holds over a trillion dollars in debt (I think it was last 1.4T), but yeah, I'm no fan of the deficit either. If it reached anywhere near 16T, I'd probably exchange my money out of USD, there's only a certain amount of debt you can take before the interest buries you. The only thing that comforts me is that we haven't reached our GDP, and we have been in this situation before and came out of it just fine.

Not sure what you mean by becoming an "empire," we're technically one because we own territories and all that stuff, but if you mean by like Iraq and Afghanistan or w/e, I don't find it that comforting due to it being a large reason of our ever increasing debt.
    I need to find better sources. Yeah I'm actually a big fan of the gold standard (rest of my family is as well). I have 3,000 USD in the bank, but I also have a 100 gram and two 20 gram bars of gold in a safety deposit box (about 7,000 USD worth). I'm paranoid the bank will take the money and fall to shit, though SDB's are safe considering it's physical and not keep on electronic record like currency is

As for America becoming an empire, I'm talking about when it actually visibly starts it's physical takeover of other countries. America already has the most influence out of any other country, it's only a matter of time before we start taking other countries over and dictating every move they make (an eventually make them a part of America themselves). Im talk g about America attempting to become an even larger superpower, sort of a region power rather than just a country.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Ever heard of Operation Ajax? How about Operation PBSUCCESS? How about Operation Gladio? Does the name Pinochet ring any bells?

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast