Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    I believe he was talking about when bitcoins were just getting popular. Big market went bust when someone hacked that stuff.
    [IMG]https://i143.photobucke*****m/albums/r135/xSpartan_117x/ChiefPwnage.gif[/IMG]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowbrdd For This Useful Post:

Departure (08-25-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Intel i5 760
    8GB Corsair Vengeance
    ASUS DCII GeForce GTX 580
    60GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD
    1TB WD Green
    NZXT Switch 810

[img]https://i1158.photobucke*****m/albums/p617/BCMods/darkspoff.jpg[/img]

---------- Post added at 06:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BossMan. View Post
    Sooo this is my computer right now:
    Windows 7 32Bit
    Intel Core i7-2600k @3.4 GHz
    nVidia GeForce GT 430 <--- It's shit, i want a new one
    6GB Ram
    750W Power Supply
    32 Bit Windows with 6GB RAM, really?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    i5 760 with a 580?
    whyyy
    [IMG]https://i143.photobucke*****m/albums/r135/xSpartan_117x/ChiefPwnage.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbrdd View Post
    i5 760 with a 580?
    whyyy
    Why what??

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    the cpu is completely outclassed by the gpu.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Hardly... The 760 is a very capable CPU and since it's a gaming rig, GPU power is much more important.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by oiendoio View Post
    Except your full of it, considering Triple GPU was the max for 69xx series AMD cards. So having 6 gpu's on that you paid for sure but unfortunately even on a 6990 thats crossfire making 6990+6970 the maximum supported by the architecture. I won't even touch the fact that as an ati fan I know crossfire is horrid and gets more complications as you scale from 1-2-3.

Any event

i5-2500k 4.8Ghz (Corsair A70 cooled)
    ASRock P67 Extreme 4 gen3
    Crucial m4 128Gb
    16 Gb Gskill ares
    2x1tb WD Caviar Black Raid 0
    Radeon 6950 2gb unlocked shaders and bios flashed to 6970
    Corsair 750w PSU
    cooler master Haf 922
    Do you understand what I am talking about? 3x 6990's = 6 gpus as each card uses duel gpu's, no crossfire used. I have photos of it if you dont belive me, I had all three cards(6 gpus) hanging off a UD-7 mother board.

Also I was making bitcoins when they sold for $30 a coin so I made my money back pretty easy these day with difficulty increase and the price drop is just not feasible to mine anymore
    DJector.Lite
    Get the advantages of new injection technology, with 1 click easy to use injector, work for all platforms x86/x64

Download

D-Jector
    Get the most advanced and full featured injector around, works for any game and any platform x86/x64, nothing comes even close.
    Download

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Departure View Post
    Do you understand what I am talking about? 3x 6990's = 6 gpus as each card uses duel gpu's, no crossfire used. I have photos of it if you dont belive me, I had all three cards(6 gpus) hanging off a UD-7 mother board.

Also I was making bitcoins when they sold for $30 a coin so I made my money back pretty easy these day with difficulty increase and the price drop is just not feasible to mine anymore
    3 6990's wouldnt work together except by pcie bus which would be saturated outside of the new z77/x79 pcie3.0 with a plx chip. Crossfire would be disabled right @ 6990+6970, and your speaking of the 6990 like its more than 10 months old.

Also i5-760, is not a great gaming cpu its about as good as an AMD phenom II x4 965.

Thanks
    I have an i7 920 @ 2.67 ghz, 12gb of ram, and 2 gtx 560 ti's and bf3 (along with every other game) runs really well on maxed out settings although on some games i have to turn off ambient occlusion because that eats fps and you wont notice it in most games.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by oiendoio View Post
    3 6990's wouldnt work together except by pcie bus which would be saturated outside of the new z77/x79 pcie3.0 with a plx chip. Crossfire would be disabled right @ 6990+6970, and your speaking of the 6990 like its more than 10 months old.

Also i5-760, is not a great gaming cpu its about as good as an AMD phenom II x4 965.
    Hmmm you don't seem to be comprehending, No crossfire was used and no 6970 was talked about, All I am saying is 3 x 6990 which is total of 6 gpu's was used on a gigabyte UD-7 and I still had room for an extra 6990 but my power supply, Why do you say they should be working together? and yeah the 6990's I bought more than 10 months ago, actually it was probably close to 1 year ago now... I think what your trying to say is the 6990 gpu are just duel 6970 gpus right? I dont get your point as the topic was if the power supply would be enough, and say yes it would have because I had 3 x 6990's(total of 6 gpu's) running @ 95%-100% all day every day for over 2 months mining for bitcoins without any issues. The only issue I had was cooling which was fixed with a box fan and a cardboard tunnel pointing onto the cards, which I have photos of if you have any dubts... besides from that I have seen upto 5 of theses cards on a single mother board, just go and check the bitcoin forums and look for nickname "Departure" you will see the dates and specs when I was putting it together and photos...

//Edit

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?to...1166#msg321166

Notice the date is july 4 2011 that would well over 1 year ago

P.s
    Maybe you need to do more researching before telling people they are "full of it" and incase you are wondering the release of the 12.0 beta drivers supported this setup in crossfire for gaming(I never needed to use it but it was supported).
    Last edited by Departure; 08-25-2012 at 11:46 AM.
    DJector.Lite
    Get the advantages of new injection technology, with 1 click easy to use injector, work for all platforms x86/x64

Download

D-Jector
    Get the most advanced and full featured injector around, works for any game and any platform x86/x64, nothing comes even close.
    Download

Thanks
    Hmmm you don't seem to be comprehending, No crossfire was used and no 6970 was talked about, All I am saying is 3 x 6990 which is total of 6 gpu's was used on a gigabyte UD-7 and I still had room for an extra 6990 but my power supply, Why do you say they should be working together? and yeah the 6990's I bought more than 10 months ago, actually it was probably close to 1 year ago now... I think what your trying to say is the 6990 gpu are just duel 6970 gpus right? I dont get your point as the topic was if the power supply would be enough, and say yes it would have because I had 3 x 6990's(total of 6 gpu's) running @ 95%-100% all day every day for over 2 months mining for bitcoins without any issues. The only issue I had was cooling which was fixed with a box fan and a cardboard tunnel pointing onto the cards, which I have photos of if you have any dubts... besides from that I have seen upto 5 of theses cards on a single mother board, just go and check the bitcoin forums and look for nickname "Departure" you will see the dates and specs when I was putting it together and photos...

//Edit

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?to...1166#msg321166

Notice the date is july 4 2011 that would well over 1 year ago

P.s
    Maybe you need to do more researching before telling people they are "full of it" and incase you are wondering the release of the 12.0 beta drivers supported this setup in crossfire for gaming(I never needed to use it but it was supported).
    Notice those giant Yellow straps on the side of the 6990, those are crossfire bridges. Rethink your moronic statement, you have to use crossfire period to run 3 6990's, your dumb ass is too stupid to notice your burning bandwidth forcing them to work over pcie 2.0

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    @oiendoio
    omg, those yellow strips are the warning stickers for over clocking, when you remove the stickers there is an overclocking switch... but yes next to them are crossfire ports but as you can see in the photo there is no crossfire connectors joining the cards.. they are not working on PCIe 2 either, go and do some research on the Gigabyte UD-7 board and you will see for your self.. anyway how is it you are trying to tell me what my setup is or is'nt, the way you are talking shows you know nothing about hardware when it comes to these kinds of setups. You DO NOT need to use crossfire connectors to run 3 6990's moron... I have shown you with photos and you still want to argue the point with me. wtf is your problem?
    DJector.Lite

Download

D-Jector
    Download

Thanks
    @oiendoio
    omg, those yellow strips are the warning stickers for over clocking, when you remove the stickers there is an overclocking switch... but yes next to them are crossfire ports but as you can see in the photo there is no crossfire connectors joining the cards.. they are not working on PCIe 2 either, go and do some research on the Gigabyte UD-7 board and you will see for your self.. anyway how is it you are trying to tell me what my setup is or is'nt, the way you are talking shows you know nothing about hardware when it comes to these kinds of setups. You DO NOT need to use crossfire connectors to run 3 6990's moron... I have shown you with photos and you still want to argue the point with me. wtf is your problem?
    First of all your using 6990s they defacto dump you to pcie 2.0 they are not compatible w/ 3.0, #2 crossfire is DEFAULT enabled on 6990's if you don't know this stfu and stop talking. #3 without disabling 1 gpu per card which would disable crossfire and effectively make you running a $899 6950 2gb, your locking out an entire card and a half.

The only time crossfire is ever disable for 6990's would be for eyefinity, which is only done because you require the video ram which is mirrored and not multiplicative in sli or cfx, so @ 5760x1200 you definitely require a ton of Vram.
    Last edited by oiendoio; 08-26-2012 at 03:38 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I use.
    Amd athlon x2 640, quadcore. overclocked to 3,6ghz
    4gb ram 1333 @ 12**.
    6950 dual fan.
    Msi mobo.
    650 psu.
    Total hd space, 600gb+/-

W7 x64.
    Cheap ass pc if u ask me,,buy the parts as i like it.
    Dont spend more then 400dollars on it.
    Play any game maxout, 50/60fps.
    Ingame recording with fraps...40fps solid.

Just do research before buying.
    There is no need to have spend 1000 ore more dollars.

[edit] oh i game on a 23inch screen. And as i know allot of pc,,i tuned my windows process list, why use ram for stuff you never ever will use,,disable or delete it.
    Last edited by Rudolf reddevil; 08-31-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    I honestly don't think you need an extremely high-end system to run Battlefield 3 smooth. I'm running on High w/ some settings automatically set to Ultra, and my system isn't at all amazing. Pretty standard to say the least.

Windows 7
    AMD A6-3620
    Radeon HD 6670
    8GB RAM
    Quad-core

To say the least, even if you went to Walmart and picked up an Acer that should run BF3 perfectly with little-no lag.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123