Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

MPGH News (10/13/12)

*Sorry for posting late. I was banned on Friday due to safety precautions, and was too tired to post the News that night.

13th Edition
    10/13/12

DebateFor*****m
    Earlier this week, Dave turned a sub-section of General into a website specifically for debating. Already, activity has been blowing up within DebateFort, and constant ideas and suggestions have been given to Dave. If you'd like to check out DebateFort, or possibly register, go to: DebateFort - Where Warriors Come To Debate

Due to DebateFort going up, an old website specifically dedicated to fighting such as UFC, WWE, etc - FightBB was taken down. RIP FightBB.

User News

This week we were introduced to a new member of the cocksuckers, let's welcome Polio!

Postbans

Congratulations to iSmexy for hitting 4k this week!
    Congratulations to ParkII for hitting 1,337 this week! Keep it up!
    Congratulations to The XXX Devil for hitting 2k!

Promotions

Congratulations to Hero on Global Moderator!

Demotions / Resignations

Jigsaw is no longer a Moderator. We wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors.

Birthdays

Happy belated birthday to Hispiforce who turned 21 this week!

We are recruiting! We need ONE interviewer. If you are interested in becoming an Interviewer for the MPGH News, please PM me, or post on this thread notifying me you would like to be an Interviewer.

Interview - [MPGH]InHuman

[MPGH]Time: Hey there InHuman, How are you today?
    [MPGH]InHuman: I'm doing very well, just about to leave for school. How are you doing?

[MPGH]Time: Doing great thanks, Share with us For how long have you been a member of MPGH?
    [MPGH]InHuman: To be exact, I believe it's about 3 years and 8 months. I first joined in Feb '09. Coming up on 4 years in less than 6 months.

[MPGH]Time: Ah i see , How did you stumble upon it? Did someone refer it to you or anything of that sort?
    [MPGH]InHuman: Ahh, great question! Well, I used to play Combat Arms back in late '08. I got so tired of hackers, one day I Googled "Combat Arms hacks."
    Low and behold MPGH! Also, this was back when Godmode and all those hacks were out at the time, and I think when MPGH first got into trouble with Combat Arms and Nexon.

[MPGH]Time: huehue , What was your first impression when you joined MPGH?
    [MPGH]InHuman: I think pretty overwhelming. It was my first real forum experience, I was only 13 at the time. I also think the whole "hacking" thing kind of scared me because I was naive to what that was.

[MPGH]Time: Hehe, Well do you remember what your first post/thread was about?
    [MPGH]InHuman: Wow, honestly I have no clue. Probably some noobish question on how hacks work or something like that, ha. Such a noob back then.

[MPGH]Time: , Tell us what positions you had acquired on MPGH while you were active like hell .
    [MPGH]InHuman: Well, without the long backstory, I've had several positions. Minion, moderator, VIP Support, Publicist, Donator? If that counts, and Wiki Editor back when it was being made. Oh, and Trusted Member.

[MPGH]Time: Thats a lot indeed, Did you do any contributions prior to getting the staff positions?
    [MPGH]InHuman: As far as physical hacks, no. But I was always extremely active and basically moderating before the actual position. I also ran a clan with Vincent, and overall people just liked me. Nowadays, nobody really knows me except the older members.

[MPGH]Time: Oh InHuman we all love you .pls , On the time you stayed on MPGH , did you find anyone who might serve you as an inspiration or role model?
    [MPGH]InHuman: Awz, I love you too Without being cliche, I think Dave is truly someone to look up to. He's done several things for me, from giving me positions and experience, to helping me with thins outside of MPGH. I don't know how many times I interviewed him for school or something. Also, building and maintaining a site of MPGH's caliber is quite amazing. Liz was always so friendly and willing to let me try. Arun was tolerant of my million questions a day. I think Josh (Obama/Jussofresh1) was also someone I looked up to because he was always liked. He was a nice person to everyone, and always friendly. You don't find many people like that.

[MPGH]Time: True that, What's the weirdest thing that has happened to you on MPGH?
    [MPGH]InHuman: There's a ton that could fit here. I think the most appropriate would be when Moto and I met up a couple years ago. Not weird in the sense of how it was, but the fact of meeting someone you only know online. Weird, yet awesome.

[MPGH]Time: Haha that must have been fun, Do you have any hobbies outside of MPGH?
    [MPGH]InHuman: I used to play basketball, but I pulled my hip flexer and tore my groin. Really can't play anymore due to pain. But, I play lacrosse now, and skateboard occasionally. Other than that, friends and my girlfriend. Also wakeboarding when I have the time.

[MPGH]Time: Aww, Do you have any favorite games?
    [MPGH]InHuman: I fell in love with Minecraft lately, ran a pretty successful server with a best friend of mine. Other than that I don't play many PC games, but I play MW3 on Xbox. I love skateboarding, I just need someone to go with or else I have no motivation to try crazy stuff, ha.

[MPGH]Time: Ahh , Do you have any favorite music artists or bands that you listen to?
    [MPGH]InHuman: Eminem will always be be my favorite artist, so there's him. I also listen to Wiz and I love Childish Gambino. I recently got into A$AP Mob, which is more hoodrat rap I guess.

[MPGH]Time: Thats cool , Before we wrap this up would you like to give a shout out to anyone?
    [MPGH]InHuman: Well I'd like to give a shoutout to Vincent, although he probably won't see this. I love that kid, so many memories with him. Also, to avoid naming so many people, to all the old members I "grew up" with. Also, thank you for interviewing me

[MPGH]Time: My pleasure mate , Thanks for the time .

STRANDED
    On friday, a ferry hit a sandbar in Lake Erie (Located on the coast of michigan), stranding 34 people for over 24 hours. Although Coast Guard tried to find a way to refuel the ferry, they were hit with bad weather and 3-4 foot waves. It crashed around Leamington, Kingsville Harbour, Ontario, and is heading back to Leamington Ontario after the ferry was pulled out but a tugboat. No injuries are known of. Kingsville Harbour is roughly 25 miles away from Detroit, Michigan.

Drones over Israel
    The Shia militant movement of Lebanon said that the group launched a Iranian made drone into Israel last week. It reportedly flew over "sensitive sites" in Israel. The Israeli air force shot down the drone last saturday said the IDF (Israeli Defense Force). The drone was not carrying any weapons or explosives according to the military spokeswomen. The movements leader, Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah, bragged about how it was not the first time they had sent over drones, and that they could do it again "whenever we [they] want". "This mission was not the first one," he said, "and will not be the last one, God willing." - Nasrallah. Micah Zenko of the Council on Foreign Relations, who specializes in drone technology proliferation and the Middle East, said that these drone fly overs has been happening for a long period of time. They are useless other than surveillance because they cannot have weapons of any kind attached to them. "To call them rinky-dink would be polite," he said. "The drones that Iranians display at airshows or that they tout for sale, defense industry press people describe them as crude." He did add that it is unknown if the Iranians have drones that can do surveillance in real time.

Amanda Todd
    Amanda Todd, a canadian teenager who lived in Vancouver, Canada was found dead on Thursday, the 11th in Coquitlam, Canada. Reports from authorities say that she committed suicide. 1 month ago, she posted a video on Youtube explaining bullying, and cyber bullying she had been going through along with depression, and anxiety she had been struggling with. If you'd like to see the video, or read more about this occurrence, please go to the news article and/or video below.

Original video from Amanda Todd:
    News article: Amanda Todd: Bullied Canadian Teen Commits Suicide After Prolonged Battle Online And In School

Introduction to Crysis 3 Multiplayer
    Earlier today, EAGamesAustralia released a new Crysis 3 video. Producer Mike Read explains some of the new gameplay elements introduced to the Multiplayer side of the game. The exciting details behind Hunter Mode, Crash Site and the NY Feed are revealed here below:

Next Borderlands 2 DLC will be about Pirates; Coming next week
    Three days ago there was a update on the PlayStation 3 Trophies for Borderlands 2 where some people noticed they've added three new trophies to the game, and according to them the next DLC will be titled "Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty".
    The people of NeoGAF reported the details from these trophies:

Also some guy found more information in the files on Steam and posted it on the Gearbox forums:
    A complete echo list.

THQ's Australian Branch Closing
    THQ Inc. (Homefront, S.T.A.L.K.E.R & Darksiders publisher) announced the closing of their Asia-Pacific branch due to financial difficulties in the next months.
    This division situated in Melbourne, Australia, continuing its restructuring, reached an agreement with the New Zealander company All Interactive Entertainment for the publishing of the THQ games in Oceania.

TF2's Major MvM Update
    Team Fortress 2 - Mann vs Machine is getting his first major update and is of course completely free. It adds two new tours, new loot and has a improved matchmaking system.

-New Tours-
    There are two new Tours of Duty to MvM mode, in addition to Operation Steel Trap (hard), they've added Operation Oil Spill (less hard) and Operation Gear Grinder (very hard).

-New Loot-
    Together with the new tours they've brought some tour-specific loot that you can only get from Operation Oil Spill or Operation Gear Grinder. Rusty, blood-covered 'bot heads for the intermediate-level Operation Oil Spill, and some 24-carat diamond 'bot heads for the expert-level Operation Gear Grinder.

-Improved Matchmaking-
    They now made it so you can select multiple missions you'd like to play, to maximize the chances of finding compatible players as quickly as possible. Also they added some handy buttons that'll let you select all missions of a particular difficulty level, or all missions not yet marked off on a Tour of Duty. And when your MvM group beat a mission, they've now made it so that when you beat a mission to death in Boca Raton or elsewhere, you and the other players on the server are sent back to the matchmaking screen as a group, so you can keep playing together.

Valve Needs Playtesters
    Valve is looking for some folks to playtest both released and unreleased versions of their games as well as play around with some of the hardware prototypes. If you you live in or around Seattle/Bellevue area and are interested you can fill in the survey and maybe you have a chance to check some of their stuff out.

Go here to take the playtester survey: Valve Playtester Survey
    Sorry about the stupid name for the url. It was the only url shortener that I could find that works on MPGH. Also, the term "survey" is blocked on here.

Technology News articles were not produced this week.. Sorry.

MPGH News Team

• Writers

Looking for another Interviewer! PM Psychotic if you're interested!
    [/list]

Last edited by Hero; 10-13-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Psychotic For This Useful Post:

AirCanada (10-13-2012),Delko DJ (10-14-2012),DwakeQuake (10-14-2012),[MPGH]Ethereal (10-13-2012),Fox (10-14-2012),Jabuuty671 (10-13-2012),Janitor (10-18-2012),[MPGH]Liz (10-16-2012),Ohusen (10-14-2012),Terell. (10-19-2012),[MPGH]Time (10-14-2012),Versa (10-15-2012),Viktor (10-14-2012)

Thanks
    On the earlier issues of MPGH News I never really supported it, sounded stupid.
    Has come a long way, great.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabuuty671 View Post
    Wow, I'm actually glad you said that. Thank you, and I agree. The team has come together.. even though we have some slip ups like this week where our Tech News wasn't produced. .

Thanks again!

Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabuuty671 View Post
    Thanks Jabooty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I hate you colin. I really hate you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    boooyahhh,love this!keep it up!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Keep up the good work gents.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Keep up the good work gents.
    Thank you. l

Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    GOOD JAWB .

@InHuman .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Always great quality stuff as usual

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    I feel so loved being interviewed .awz
    maybe some of you new members can learn about me
    thanks for the interview, Time, and for fixing up my sloppiness lol

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Good edition despite lack of Tech News. Gotta say that the whole things is very professional. Props to you, Austin, Ravallo and the rest of the team for doing such a good job.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Good edition despite lack of Tech News. Gotta say that the whole things is very professional. Props to you, Austin, Ravallo and the rest of the team for doing such a good job.
    And my interview, right
    I'm not completely dead

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by InHuman View Post

And my interview, right
    I'm not completely dead
    I'm glad you're still here
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Thank you!

Yeah. We gotta do something about Tech News.

Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post

Thank you!

Yeah. We gotta do something about Tech News.
    Report: Ukraine Trains Dolphins With Friggin' Pistols on Their Heads | Danger Room | Wired.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast