Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    On the Russian publisher store page it says you can't play in league except with other Russians. No point in buying a Russian key.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by akko View Post
    On the Russian publisher store page it says you can't play in league except with other Russians. No point in buying a Russian key.
    Bullshit.

Read: Call of Duty: Black Ops II

There are no matchmaking restrictions in BO2 RU copy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by rename View Post
    Dude you need to have a russian ip addres to open the game too. You need everything Russian to just run the game...
    Sadly im getting an error about the license. Guy`s any fix for that?
    I know that you need a Russian IP that why I put GET A PROXY. It was the same thing with MW3 ... you buy a Russian key, change your IP to Russian through proxy, activate the key on Steam, switch back to your normal IP and download the game ... and its going to be in English

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by alexrelph View Post
    I know that you need a Russian IP that why I put GET A PROXY. It was the same thing with MW3 ... you buy a Russian key, change your IP to Russian through proxy, activate the key on Steam, switch back to your normal IP and download the game ... and its going to be in English
    Well yeah u can download it in english like that. I thought you thought that you dont need Russian ip addres to play it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Well yeah u can download it in english like that. I thought you thought that you dont need Russian ip addres to play it.
    you dont ...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    you dont ...
    Well yeah you can use other ip`s that are in CIS countries but not mine i have to play with a decent vpn other wise i cant play it because it says the region is restricted. If you know how to bypass it please pm me how.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Well yeah you can use other ip`s that are in CIS countries but not mine i have to play with a decent vpn other wise i cant play it because it says the region is restricted. If you know how to bypass it please pm me how.
    You only need Russian IP to activate the Steam Game Key ... you do not need it to be able to play the game dude

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    You only need Russian IP to activate the Steam Game Key ... you do not need it to be able to play the game dude
    Please stop commenting on things you cleary do not know. The game can not be launched through steam when you don't have a VPN enabled or when you are not located in any other CIS regions.
    Adding steam_appid.txt with the game ID and all that doesn't work with this game. If you launch it through a shortcut or from the install dir. with the steam_appid.txt which now has to be with modified permission so the Steam wont delete it every time you start up the game, it disconnects you from a public game with a notice "Server disconnected - Steam connect failed" because Steam doesn't "see" the game running.

Treyarch did a good job there. It most likely checks for your region all the time, and if you are not eligble to play you get disconnected.
    I have the RU key and every fix out there I have tried wont work and all are useless.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroq View Post
    Please stop commenting on things you cleary do not know. The game can not be launched through steam when you don't have a VPN enabled or when you are not located in any other CIS regions.
    Adding steam_appid.txt with the game ID and all that doesn't work with this game. If you launch it through a shortcut or from the install dir. with the steam_appid.txt which now has to be with modified permission so the Steam wont delete it every time you start up the game, it disconnects you from a public game with a notice "Server disconnected - Steam connect failed" because Steam doesn't "see" the game running.

Treyarch did a good job there. It most likely checks for your region all the time, and if you are not eligble to play you get disconnected.
    I have the RU key and every fix out there I have tried wont work and all are useless.
    just buy a proper game then ... unless you are that cheap ... sure someone will have £35 spare

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Any specific reason for feeling the need of being an ASS @alexrelph?

People with this problem come here to seek help. not an ass hat calling us "cheap". If your input is not helpful, you can kindly shove it up your ass.

On topic; I've also tried every single fix out there and no luck... Only way to "successfully" play it is through a VPN... With some luck Ive gotten decent ping through my private VPN, but nobody can join on me nor cant I party up with any friends...

Im sure there will be another way to fix it soon. I hope theres people out there trying to crack this case, as supposed to post whoring and being a jerk like buddy up there.

Thanks
    I like how hes calling everybody cheap and hes a russian hahaha the irony

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by player2982 View Post
    Any specific reason for feeling the need of being an ASS @alexrelph ?

People with this problem come here to seek help. not an ass hat calling us "cheap". If your input is not helpful, you can kindly shove it up your ass.

On topic; I've also tried every single fix out there and no luck... Only way to "successfully" play it is through a VPN... With some luck Ive gotten decent ping through my private VPN, but nobody can join on me nor cant I party up with any friends...

Im sure there will be another way to fix it soon. I hope theres people out there trying to crack this case, as supposed to post whoring and being a jerk like buddy up there.
    How am I being an ass? I just don't get what is it you trying to do here ... to activate the game or to play it from a country that does not support it?

Quote Originally Posted by kevi429 View Post
    I like how hes calling everybody cheap and hes a russian hahaha the irony
    And for your information sir I am not Russian ... Well only half and paid the full price for the game, so the irony does not belong here in any way
    Last edited by alexrelph; 11-19-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Thanks
    So i'm confused, if i buy he russian key will i be able to play normally?
    Sorry at my dumbness xD
    Dancing Monkeys!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by crippl3 View Post
    So i'm confused, if i buy he russian key will i be able to play normally?
    Sorry at my dumbness xD
    as far is i know there is a region lock..u can try to bypass it via vpn etc but your connection will be totally shit gladio and i think kokole got a way to bypass the whole lock without a vpn but im not sure tho

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ytoof For This Useful Post:

crippl3 (02-04-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ytoof View Post
    as far is i know there is a region lock..u can try to bypass it via vpn etc but your connection will be totally shit gladio and i think kokole got a way to bypass the whole lock without a vpn but im not sure tho
    Cheers, ill have to look around and see what I can do :P
    Dancing Monkeys!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast