Poll: What amount would you be willing to spend as a 1 time fee for a full version

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

AVA Macro v1.4 by Dibesjr Poll

This is a question for the mods as well as the community.

What do you think about the idea of me releasing a completely free macro that does JUST the macro part and then you can pay (a one time fee or something of the sort) for the full version.

The free version would include
    1. Basic 3 macro system
    2. Hotkeys that work in game

The full version would include
    1. Basic 3 macro system
    3. Normal fire mode (fires like normal instead of using the macro)
    4. Smart Quickswitch. Turns on and off based on the weapon you have on (except at the beginning of a match)
    5. And any other ideas people would like me to code

The question for the mods is..... is this acceptable within the MPGH community? Or should i just put out the free macro??

Thanks,
    Jon

Thanks
    Release a free macro that all users can use it, the file cannot connect to the internet. Hacks cannot be sold here since it's under the category of Advertisement.
    If you want more info, feel free to read the Rules

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Prepix For This Useful Post:

ledimiku (11-20-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepix View Post
    Release a free macro that all users can use it, the file cannot connect to the internet. Hacks cannot be sold here since it's under the category of Advertisement.
    If you want more info, feel free to read the Rules
    Man that is really a bummer :|. I prefer to have a level of control over the access of my program. As of now my current macro is rigged with a validation server allowing me to set account durations as well as ban accounts, etc. I wish i was able to make sort of a profit here, i know people think i'm a snob for wanting to generate some revenue, but i'm just a student trying to pay for gas a food and such.

Anyway, enough of my rant ^.^. Thanks for the info.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    you have try to sell your macro and the other site for hacks why you come here to ressel it?
    we dont want to buy it if you want give it free for all members
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibesjr View Post
    This is a question for the mods as well as the community.

What do you think about the idea of me releasing a completely free macro that does JUST the macro part and then you can pay (a one time fee or something of the sort) for the full version.

The free version would include
    1. Basic 3 macro system

The full version would include
    1. Basic 3 macro system
    3. Normal fire mode (fires like normal instead of using the macro)
    4. Smart Quickswitch. Turns on and off based on the weapon you have on (except at the beginning of a match)
    5. And any other ideas people would like me to code

The question for the mods is..... is this acceptable within the MPGH community? Or should i just put out the free macro??

Thanks,
    Jon

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    This community here wants things for free. So I dont think they would want to pay for anything.

If you release a free version here with limited features, with the possibilty to buy the full version which include more features for money then I think it is acceptable but best is to ask the minions.

A macro is just about the basic things, I dont think they will want to buy the full version for useless features. Unless you limit the firing interval in the free version, and you will want to limit it according to the gun ROF too... Not simple.

Also there is a chance they will patch your macro's method, if you didn't consider that.

Best luck.
    Even familiar landscapes will
    reveal a different kind of beauty
    if you change your viewpoint.
    Where these new encounters
    and new bonds will lead you...
    Such dazzling golden days.
    I, too, look forward to
    what I might behold.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwo0ck View Post
    This community here wants things for free. So I dont think they would want to pay for anything.

If you release a free version here with limited features, with the possibilty to buy the full version which include more features for money then I think it is acceptable but best is to ask the minions.

A macro is just about the basic things, I dont think they will want to buy the full version for useless features. Unless you limit the firing interval in the free version, and you will want to limit it according to the gun ROF too... Not simple.

Also there is a chance they will patch your macro's method, if you didn't consider that.

Best luck.
    Well it would be hard for them to patch my method, simply because i have been trying to restrict access to make sure they don't have the opportunity as well as protect my code from unwanted inspection .

I was hoping it was acceptable to sell a more robust version over the regular version, but they seem to heavily frown upon it, which is a damn shame . If they allowed some things to be sold it might generate much better releases, ah well :P.

As for who would buy it, I think that it is very wanted for snipers, and the extra features which are handy if you have a pointman gun that just doesn't work out well with a macro, like the galil mar or a des modus. (I know, i am an avid user of my own program )

Thanks for the input! I appreciate it.

Darkness cannot be defeated. It can only be hidden in the form of hatred
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    People are stubborn here, so if you would want to sell it at other sites, don't hesitate.

This community is full of hack greedy hackers that won't pay for the hacks they desperately need to enhance their bad AVA skills so they can tell people how bad they are, and once the hacks get patched, it starts all over.

But as the rules say, you can release the free version but the paid full version is a nono
    [IMG]https://i1179.photobucke*****m/albums/x386/gaara4life12/asdasd.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by skottos View Post
    you have try to sell your macro and the other site for hacks why you come here to ressel it?
    we dont want to buy it if you want give it free for all members
    I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but i release exclusively to MPGH. And i believe some users will buy the macro for the extra features that i am sure are useful in the game.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fingernig View Post
    People are stubborn here, so if you would want to sell it at other sites, don't hesitate.

This community is full of hack greedy hackers that won't pay for the hacks they desperately need to enhance their bad AVA skills so they can tell people how bad they are, and once the hacks get patched, it starts all over.

But as the rules say, you can release the free version but the paid full version is a nono
    I tried that once, there is no other good community for AVA. And it REALLY sucks. I want to get my program out there, i want to make it better, but i don't want to entirely release it for free. I have to pay for shit in life, and while i enjoy making this stuff, i could and should get more hours at work because i need the money. I would release it for free if money was not an issue for me at all.

Thanks
    Man that is really a bummer :|. I prefer to have a level of control over the access of my program. As of now my current macro is rigged with a validation server allowing me to set account durations as well as ban accounts, etc. I wish i was able to make sort of a profit here, i know people think i'm a snob for wanting to generate some revenue, but i'm just a student trying to pay for gas a food and such.

Anyway, enough of my rant ^.^. Thanks for the info.
    You can always set a donate button in your thread so people would donate straight to you paypal, if the macro works for other games like: Crossfire, Combat Arms etc etc, then you have more chances that people donate money to you. Donating is allowed here, so think about it...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

You can always set a donate button in your thread so people would donate straight to you paypal, if the macro works for other games like: Crossfire, Combat Arms etc etc, then you have more chances that people donate money to you. Donating is allowed here, so think about it...
    Hmm... i may consider that. Am i aloud to say like if i hit $100 in donations i will release a new feature onto the basic macro (like the quick switching and such). Also yes it works globally for any game that uses the basic controls.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Thanks
    Hmm... i may consider that. Am i aloud to say like if i hit $100 in donations i will release a new feature onto the basic macro (like the quick switching and such). Also yes it works globally for any game that uses the basic controls.
    Posting here around won't be such a problem, getting $100 is kinda hard on this forum, I suggest you 50. But it's up to you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    That is for outside advertising... IE if i was promoting my site. Since my releases are MPGH specific, they actually generate revenue for MPGH, and views, and impressions on the damn ads that open up new tabs when you click a link >.> (i really dislike those).

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Posting here around won't be such a problem, getting $100 is kinda hard on this forum, I suggest you 50. But it's up to you.
    I might do that. But i do have a question. Would you guys consider an exception for me and the no internet access rule? I can provide whatever you guys need in order to make that happen, like a source code overview or whatever works for you, but i reaaaaaaalllly want to have some ways to track the users. I can set up a site solely to generate a key that gives you lifetime access to the macro. I dunno, that is kinda the tipping point of releasing for me xD Like right now i can tell you i have 4 people currently using my macro from when i released it and 22 people that have registered a key and account.
    Last edited by Dibesjr; 11-20-2012 at 03:29 PM.

Thanks
    That is for outside advertising... IE if i was promoting my site. Since my releases are MPGH specific, they actually generate revenue for MPGH, and views, and impressions on the damn ads that open up new tabs when you click a link >.> (i really dislike those).

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

I might do that. But i do have a question. Would you guys consider an exception for me and the no internet access rule? I can provide whatever you guys need in order to make that happen, like a source code overview or whatever works for you, but i reaaaaaaalllly want to have some ways to track the users. I can set up a site solely to generate a key that gives you lifetime access to the macro. I dunno, that is kinda the tipping point of releasing for me xD
    We cannot change the rules just for one person, you have to deal with it or contact Dave discuss with him.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Hmmm if you provide the source code to Dave then maybe. It is a good idea to talk to Dave.
    Even familiar landscapes will
    reveal a different kind of beauty
    if you change your viewpoint.
    Where these new encounters
    and new bonds will lead you...
    Such dazzling golden days.
    I, too, look forward to
    what I might behold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast