Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Religion: The greatest mental illness of the World.

You theists disgust me.

Come at me, come ask me "CAN YOU PROOF HE'S NOT REAL??"

My answer? I'll give it to you already.
    "PROOF HE IS REAL."
    Why would I have to proof something isn't real if there's no proof, not even a subtle hint to his existence?

God. Doesn't. Exist.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ZeroTroubles For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (03-04-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Flaming & Rage - MPGH - MultiPlayer Game Hacking & Cheats - Hacks, Cheats, Downloads, Trainers, Games

"
    Angry about something? Feel like venting? Let it out here!"

Might as well comment anyway.

People mainly seek religion to justify their existence
    on this planet. They need the mental stability that what they do with their time has a purpose, which is why you see the statement/argument of "Oh, you don't believe in god? What prevents you from killing and raping? blah blah blah blah jibber jabber blah". I see religion for what it should be -- a moral code. Mainstream Christianity hasn't seen major bloodshed in the name of the lord pretty much since the crusades, and promotes forgiving. Islam on the other hand, is nothing but a cesspool of lies, and the people who believe in Islam are generally uneducated. You see Muslims chanting that Islam is a peaceful religion yet it pretty much states in the Qur'an that any Muslim that doesn't stand up and fight for the religion is pretty much a coward. Now lets look at the west bank, Jews were there over a thousand years before Muhammad was born, and they got pushed out by Romans, used as slaves in Egypt and suffered a genocide by Nazi Germany, yet many barbaric Muslims state that Israel should be wiped off the map. Pathetic really. Christianity isn't any "better", considering that if "Constantine the "Great"" didn't convert the Roman Empire to Christianity a majority of Christians wouldn't believe in Christ. Jesus was a Jew, through and through. A religion that worships a Jew then acts as if Judaism is just another false religion is just plain out fucking silly.

The only mainstream religion I see popping out as pure innocent is Judaism. They've been suffering for over 2 millennia and they're still taking flak to this day. The concept of a Deity in theory sounds like a wonderful thing, yet there were thousands of religions and deities before Islam and Christianity, and there's been plenty more conjured up after their birth. Saying yours is right and others are wrong is completely moronic. I personally don't have a problem with religion or even care really but when people start blabbering on trying to define, mold, defend and spread their corrupt version of their religions origins is frighting. Just look at most Christians in North America, a vast majority of them haven't read the bible yet believe in it because their parents told them to believe in it and their parents told them to believe in it. Same goes for ANY religion. Example -- Christianity and Santa. December 25th wasn't Jesus's birthday, he was born in the summer. They changed his birthday to the 25th because it was a pagan celebration of the winter solstice. Then along came the story of Ol' Saint nick, a jolly immortal fatman who sneaks down chimneys and leaves presents for good boys and girls. Christians tell their children that a magical being named Santa exists, and for years they believe that Santa is real. Same goes for religion. Just because you're told it exists or tempted to believe in something greater than yourself doesn't make it true. Same goes for the Easter Bunny and the Tooth fairy. You grow up and you realize it's utter horseshit, it's about time Homo-sapiens do the same with deities.

Religion itself isn't a bad thing. Believing in a religion doesn't mean you worship a deity, it can also mean that you choose to follow a belief system. Such as Taoism. The belief in neutral dualities (e.g. hot & cold, light & dark) are thought as physical manifestations. Pretty much describing it how seemingly opposites or contrary forces are interdependent and interconnected in the natural world. Some Taoists believe that there are gods, some don't. There are many texts on the religion but none that you're required to follow. It's a belief system of balance and order. I consider it to be the most peaceful religion. You never see Asians having wars over religion, mainly only over territory. To sum it up, religion as a whole isn't bad, just deities. If you think that one religion is right and the rest are wrong, you're a moron. Just because the "holy" text of your religion says that all others are false, doesn't make it true. I can write on a bar napkin after a few pints that the flying spaghetti monster is the one true god and say all others are false, and if I truly believe in it does it make it true? Of course, it'd be true to me. But it doesn't mean it's fact. Open mindedness and logical reasoning is the only true way to govern one's self. You don't need a religion to follow a moral code and the laws of your land -- wherever you may reside. Of course there's nothing wrong with looking to a religion for a moral code to follow, it doesn't mean you believe in that religion. It means you find whatever it says right and wrong as correct. As I said earlier in this paragraph, just because you perceive something as true or false mean that it's true or false.

edit: paragraphs are fucked up, i went to edit and mpgh fucked up and removed them. Try to bear with it.
    Last edited by Austin; 01-18-2013 at 02:41 PM.

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015

Thanks
    Nice essay.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Okay, let me rephrase that then.

I don't care if you believe in anything. But the way for example, Christianity, and 'God' is abused, to make profit. It disgusts me.

To say homosexuals can't marry, to say that you NEED to give money to the church. Heck, remember those days were you'd have to PAY to come in heaven?

Religion as it is right now is completely garbage. Used to make profit or such things. Religion as it is currently, is a bad thing. Basing laws on religions, is a bad thing. If you believe in something yourself, okay. But you will not brainwash your children, you're gonna let them grow and show what you believe in, not force your thoughts.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by zerobrium View Post
    Nice essay.
    tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTroubles View Post
    remember those days were you'd have to PAY to come in heaven?
    Still happens today. There are new megalithic churches that exist.

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Most christians are OK,since they dont actually really care, but when you look at the core, the foundation, of this religion. You can just see its bullshit

Thanks
    Okay, let me rephrase that then.

I don't care if you believe in anything. But the way for example, Christianity, and 'God' is abused, to make profit. It disgusts me.

To say homosexuals can't marry, to say that you NEED to give money to the church. Heck, remember those days were you'd have to PAY to come in heaven?

Religion as it is right now is completely garbage. Used to make profit or such things. Religion as it is currently, is a bad thing. Basing laws on religions, is a bad thing. If you believe in something yourself, okay. But you will not brainwash your children, you're gonna let them grow and show what you believe in, not force your thoughts.
    Blaming an entire religion for selective peoples mistakes is simply pointless. That is the equivalent to saying all men are child molesters because a few have done so themselves. Organized religion will never be truly innocent, however the ones who branch off as an unorganized sect of said religion under moral clause are those who have no qualms with the other people outside of their own beliefs.

Thanks

Reminds me of the Renaissance and how one of the high priests started selling indulgences, and that's how the reformation started with Martin Luther. Which lead to the first public-made Bible.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    "I am mad that humans do bad things in the name of religion"

Grow up.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

Frought (02-27-2013),Lehsyrus (01-18-2013),noob555 (01-18-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    "I am mad that humans do bad things in the name of religion"

Grow up.
    People tend to attempt to show their superiority over a following in the name of their own personal opinion on a specific sect, generalizing the group as a whole. Those types of people are difficult to change their ideals, problem is this ideology is within just as many adults. Just the type of thing that slows an advancing civilization *sigh.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    People tend to attempt to show their superiority over a following in the name of their own personal opinion on a specific sect, generalizing the group as a whole. Those types of people are difficult to change their ideals, problem is this ideology is within just as many adults. Just the type of thing that slows an advancing civilization *sigh.
    What if the superiority complex is progress at all cost and anything for science, and those who oppose are inferior apes?

@ZeroTroubles
    [CircleLogic]
    God's words are true
    God words are written in the Bible/Koran
    Bible/Koran is thus true
    Bible/Koran says there is a God and he is the only God
    [/CircleLogic]
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post

What if the superiority complex is progress at all cost and anything for science, and those who oppose are inferior apes?

@ZeroTroubles
    [CircleLogic]
    God's words are true
    God words are written in the Bible/Koran
    Bible/Koran is thus true
    Bible/Koran says there is a God and he is the only God
    [/CircleLogic]
    I've proven more athiests wrong in aspects of science in which they debated me whilst they had superiority complex's. Hell, most of them didn't even understand how a molecule was formed, which coexists with the fact that people with superiority complex's are less intelligent than those without. I will admit my own faults, however someone with said superiority complex will not, of course therein lies the difference. Having such a complex means having a closed mind, which is simply ignorant in general. True genius's have an open mind to others opinions, even if they disagree with them. However, this does not include blatant ignorance, such as Islam which was born the same way as Mormonism. Simply a Judaic rip off.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    "I am mad people do things"
    FTFY .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    God and religion is just a way for people that are scared to give them a way to live and cope being alive besides just being another insignificant piece of organic matter just like everything else. That way they won't fear death after their bodies wear away.

<-- DMT User
    [IMG]https://i1120.photobucke*****m/albums/l489/HippieCow/January-19-20112_zpsee2ccc7c.png[/IMG]

MyDeviantArt

Please like and fave for more of my works! <3

I do trades for signatures, send me a PM!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Blaming an entire religion for selective peoples mistakes is simply pointless. That is the equivalent to saying all men are child molesters because a few have done so themselves. Organized religion will never be truly innocent, however the ones who branch off as an unorganized sect of said religion under moral clause are those who have no qualms with the other people outside of their own beliefs.
    No.
    Think about it..

If this religion has been created just to make profit... Why would you still believe in God?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast