Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    Religion is part of a person's character. If you dislike a religion, you dislike the person's character to some extent. l0l
    I don't think you know what religion actually is. Disliking a religion is not the same as disliking the person.

Hey, you like pink? well i fucking hate it. Doesn't mean i hate YOU.
    Last edited by Empire; 03-14-2013 at 03:34 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

I don't think you know what religion actually is. Disliking a religion is not the same as disliking the person.

Hey, you like pink? well i fucking hate it. Doesn't mean i hate YOU.
    Religion is a set of beliefs/cultural systems and world views which connects humanity and spirituality?
    If you believe in something it's part of you. In religions case, the people that believe in the specified religion share world views-belief systems.
    If you like a person, then you share or want to aspire to common beliefs/views.
    The logical equivocation would be,
    If you don't share or don't want to share common beliefs/views, then you dislike the person.
    If you were part of a perfectly normal religion with the only downside being the promotion of ignorance, I'd dislike you.
    And I said dislike to a certain extent. You can't just hate someone, hate and neutral/like aren't a black and white scale. It's a scale which ranges from hate to neutral/like.
    Stop and think if your post is rational before posting it.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post

Though that's true, it is only a very small margin of them, plus they (my friends) know that anyways, but then again, it's almost impossible to like every single part of a person's personality
    Than why are you making an assumption based purely on the new popes religion. If you aren't judging your friends that way why are you judging anyone that way.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Than why are you making an assumption based purely on the new popes religion. If you aren't judging your friends that way why are you judging anyone that way.
    Because you are assuming that when I said "Ew Catholicism" I meant "Ew Pope Franciscus I" when I don't mean that
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Religion is a set of beliefs/cultural systems and world views which connects humanity and spirituality?
    If you believe in something it's part of you. In religions case, the people that believe in the specified religion share world views-belief systems.
    If you like a person, then you share or want to aspire to common beliefs/views.
    The logical equivocation would be,
    If you don't share or don't want to share common beliefs/views, then you dislike the person.
    If you were part of a perfectly normal religion with the only downside being the promotion of ignorance, I'd dislike you.
    And I said dislike to a certain extent. You can't just hate someone, hate and neutral/like aren't a black and white scale. It's a scale which ranges from hate to neutral/like.
    Stop and think if your post is rational before posting it.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

My dad is a Christian. I no longer really care for Christianity, but I still love my dad.
    Whenever he preaches to me I simply ignore it, not harbor any kind of ill feelings towards him.
    The assumption that I dislike my dad because of his religious beliefs is pretty ridiculous and unfounded.
    It's like saying the Dalai Lama doesn't like anyone of any other religious beliefs.

Thanks

Because you are assuming that when I said "Ew Catholicism" I meant "Ew Pope Franciscus I" when I don't mean that
    OP was Well it's confirmed we have a new pope from argentinia
    what do you guys think?

your reply was Ew Catholicism
    i said he was a jesuit
    you asked the relevance
    i mentioned your ignorance
    you said how is saying ew to a religion doesn't mean you dislike the person and that their personality may be likable
    I said personality consist of religion
    You agreed that you disliked all religious people to some extent
    The word you used to characterize dislike was Ew
    I can deduce that you dislike the pope as well
    l0l

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

My dad is a Christian. I no longer really care for Christianity, but I still love my dad.
    Whenever he preaches to me I simply ignore it, not harbor any kind of ill feelings towards him.
    The assumption that I dislike my dad because of his religious beliefs is pretty ridiculous and unfounded.
    It's like saying the Dalai Lama doesn't like anyone of any other religious beliefs.
    You're assuming that loving and disliking are in the same ball park. Technically everyone dislikes everyone, the question of whether or not you should be with someone is based on whether the benefits outweigh the cons of the person.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    what do you guys think?

i said he was a jesuit
    you asked the relevance
    you said how is saying ew to a religion doesn't mean you dislike the person and that their personality may be likable
    l0l

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

You're assuming that loving and disliking are in the same ball park. Technically everyone dislikes everyone, the question of whether or not you should be with someone is based on whether the benefits outweigh the cons of the person.
    Like I said, the assumption that I dislike someone because of their religious beliefs is ridiculous.
    I dislike people that are ignorant, hateful, and whatever other shitty traits humans may have.
    Not because they choose to believe something I do not.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    what do you guys think?
    i said he was a jesuit
    you asked the relevance
    l0l
    Extent is only the religion, not the people themselves
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Thanks

Extent is only the religion, not the people themselves
    You saying ew Catholicism appeals to the people as well. We already talked about this.

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Like I said, the assumption that I dislike someone because of their religious beliefs is ridiculous.
    I dislike people that are ignorant, hateful, and whatever other shitty traits humans may have.
    Not because they choose to believe something I do not.
    You dislike religion ergo you dislike people who believe in it. If you like religion, great. I'd like to hit the 2nd part of your argument.
    Ignorance and hatred aren't traits, they are a choice. Both of which are part of the fundamentals of religion.
    Last edited by noob555; 03-14-2013 at 08:20 PM.

Thanks
    I just fucking hate everybody.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    You saying ew Catholicism appeals to the people as well. We already talked about this.

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

You dislike religion ergo you dislike people who believe in it. If you like religion, great. I'd like to hit the 2nd part of your argument.
    Ignorance and hatred aren't traits, they are a choice. Both of which are part of the fundamentals of religion.

So people can't have ignorant or hateful characteristics? Please tell me more.

Also, I never said anything about disliking religion. I just don't believe in it.
    So your argument is that because I don't believe in it I dislike it.
    Whatever you say there pal, all you have is an argument of semantics at this point and it isn't really a good one.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I just fucking hate everybody.

fuckin hate you too bitch ass nigga

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Austin For This Useful Post:

Lehsyrus (03-15-2013)

Thanks

So people can't have ignorant or hateful characteristics? Please tell me more.

Also, I never said anything about disliking religion. I just don't believe in it.
    So your argument is that because I don't believe in it I dislike it.
    Whatever you say there pal, all you have is an argument of semantics at this point and it isn't really a good one.
    I said hate and ignorance weren't traits. Traits are genetics.
    You said, "I dislike people that are ignorant, hateful, and whatever other shitty traits humans may have. "
    Religion is blatant ignorance and it incorporates hate as well often.
    My arguments aren't based on semantics, they are based on rationality. And irrational right now. Simple logic chains are being presented and continuously use straw men arguments.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I said hate and ignorance weren't traits. Traits are genetics.
    You said, "I dislike people that are ignorant, hateful, and whatever other shitty traits humans may have. "
    Religion is blatant ignorance and it incorporates hate as well often.
    My arguments aren't based on semantics, they are based on rationality. And irrational right now. Simple logic chains are being presented and continuously use straw men arguments.
    Traits aren't just genetic. Look the fucking definition up sometime before trying to correct me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Ew Catholicism = Ew Catholicism
    Ew Catholics = Ew people who are into Catholicism

Thanks

Traits aren't just genetic. Look the fucking definition up sometime before trying to correct me.
    As a person who actually does research before posting l0l
    trait (trt)
    A genetically determined characteristic or condition. Traits may be physical, such as hair color or leaf shape, or they may be behavioral, such as nesting in birds and burrowing in rodents. Traits typically result from the combined action of several genes, though some traits are expressed by a single gene.
    The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast