Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

One of the pivotal creators of the Big-Bang theory, Stephen Hawking, has already retracted his belief in it.
    evolution, and now stop answer me

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyBoy95 View Post
    evolution, and now stop answer me
    ​If you don't believe in evolution, then there is no hope for your understanding of the world.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamashimasen View Post
    Fear is the best way to control people so i believe a kings or some kind of leader figured out that when people are told that the words come from a deity of some kind people think that it must be true.

The leader could create there own deity for what they believed and people would be to afraid to go against it.

So at one point someone most likely had the morals you have and passed them along but it very easily could have been completely different depending on what the creator of the fictional deity believed.

Now we live in a society dictated by scientific fact and with the knowledge we posses we know there cant be a deity of any kind, more and more people are realizing this as time passes.

Religion could have been necessary to develop the world we live in now by creating the morals people still believe in, who knows what we would think if there was no religion that passed down right and wrong, we could have ended up like animals who don't care for social protocols and fuck whomever they please or we could have ended up less violent with morals against all violence, there's really no what to tell but the fact is people still believe in morels given by religion even if they no longer believe in "god".
    Morals arrive from reason and sensation rather than divinity. Sure, religion might have dictated morels but religion was a product of reason and sensation at the time. In the past, forces of nature which people could not understand were worshiped as gods. Pagan gods were merely a way for the people at the time to organize and categorize nature. The notion of a single god was probably a product of hallucinogens and initial good will. It's known that Mount Sinai had psychedelic shrooms growing on it. If you take a look at history, religion has always been a constant factor in conflicts throughout the world. Abrahamic religions, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc etc. As religion is receding, violence is on at an all time low. Our morality comes from, the ego and how the ego views how society views it. Religion is merely a part of society, so yes it has created morals. Many of these morals are outdated/wrong. The rest have always existed in society. The non religious don't believe in morals given by religion, they believe in morals which they can understand on a rational and sensational level. If they still believed in morals given by religion, they would be religious.
    Tl;Dr: Religion didn't create rational morals, rational morals have always existed. The only morals they have passed down are the irrational ones.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    Morals arrive from reason and sensation rather than divinity. Sure, religion might have dictated morels but religion was a product of reason and sensation at the time. In the past, forces of nature which people could not understand were worshiped as gods. Pagan gods were merely a way for the people at the time to organize and categorize nature. The notion of a single god was probably a product of hallucinogens and initial good will. It's known that Mount Sinai had psychedelic shrooms growing on it. If you take a look at history, religion has always been a constant factor in conflicts throughout the world. Abrahamic religions, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc etc. As religion is receding, violence is on at an all time low. Our morality comes from, the ego and how the ego views how society views it. Religion is merely a part of society, so yes it has created morals. Many of these morals are outdated/wrong. The rest have always existed in society. The non religious don't believe in morals given by religion, they believe in morals which they can understand on a rational and sensational level. If they still believed in morals given by religion, they would be religious.
    Tl;Dr: Religion didn't create rational morals, rational morals have always existed. The only morals they have passed down are the irrational ones.
    I have never read the bible or any religious scriptures so i don't know what morals they actually do pass along but i feel its more of someone created a deity in order to enforce there own beliefs, i cant guaranty that they only followed the deity because they also believed the same or because they were told to, i know nowadays a lot of people blindly follow whatever there told so it could very well have been the same then and if that's the case i feel that if the person who created the deity felt differently then the morals people hold now would also be different.

note that i don't have a ton of knowledge of religion nor of the people who practiced it in the past.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hassanakbar View Post
    the question rises again

what came first the chicken or the egg
    in your case who gave birth to the first of your kin...
    it wasn't like apes who did it i can assure you..
    The chicken, clearly you don't understand how evolution works. The chicken was a product of millions and millions of cells competing for life. For generation after generation, the predesscesors of the chicken lays eggs. Every generation, it just so happens, of the millions of cells that work to create an egg, an error occurs. This process happens over and over until we have what we call the first chicken.
    You can't compare fucking chickens to human beings. They fertilize themselves. We fertilize each other.
    We didn't just materialize, it's kind of the same process.
    A common species of us, monkeys, apes etc etc, has sex. This species does it for generations after generations with cells competing for life(fertilization the egg). These cells are all unique and when it fertilizes the egg, a mutation happens. And these mutations happen for hundreds of generations before different genuses are fucking created. So no we didn't come from fucking apes, we're just fucking distantly related to them. Holy shit, study fucking biology in school.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyBoy95 View Post
    who made my mom? the bing bang and years of evolution...
    Can a nuclear explosion create creatures?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post
    ​If you don't believe in evolution, then there is no hope for your understanding of the world.
    Hey, @Lehsyrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamashimasen View Post

I have never read the bible or any religious scriptures so i don't know what morals they actually do pass along but i feel its more of someone created a deity in order to enforce there own beliefs, i cant guaranty that they only followed the deity because they also believed the same or because they were told to, i know nowadays a lot of people blindly follow whatever there told so it could very well have been the same then and if that's the case i feel that if the person who created the deity felt differently then the morals people hold now would also be different.

note that i don't have a ton of knowledge of religion nor of the people who practiced it in the past.
    People that create religions are either psychotic or greedy. The creators are going to have different morals because of scientific advances we've made through the years. Or because they are crazy.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Lame View Post

Can a nuclear explosion create creatures?
    If you mean the materialization of a creature from nothing, no. (The laws of thermodynamics)
    If you mean the altercation of cells, yes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    altercation of cells, yes.
    Can altercation of cells create creatures?

Thanks

Can altercation of cells create creatures?
    Depending on how much radioactive exposure the species can survive. Also depends on whether the mutation will kill it or not(cancer).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Depending on how much radioactive exposure the species can survive. Also depends on whether the mutation will kill it or not(cancer).
    But will the creatures be perfect in every single aspect.

Thanks
    its a hypotheses as said.. in the wall of text..

so there is no solid proof am i correct?
    Evolution isn't a fucking hypotheses. It's a scientific theory.
    A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of knowledge that has been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

But will the creatures be perfect in every single aspect.
    Mutation .

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

sir you did not understand my question again..
    who made your mom

if she wouldn't exist then you wouldn't.

its simple really all religions suggest God crated man kind hence your argument was invalid.

/period.
    His grand parents created his mom. And their parents created them and so on. Evolution isn't just a single species to the next one, its a continuous stream of changes.

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KSIOlajidebt View Post

Yes it is a Hypothesis like Religion is, but we actually have found proof of evolution, and how can you explain other planets? Why didn't almighty God put people on there?
    Holy shit, you're just as ignorant as he is. You need the right circumstances for life forms.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    But will the creatures be perfect in every single aspect
    ​Judging from the incredible amount of extinct species....no.
    You were seeking love.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Evolution isn't a fucking hypotheses. It's a scientific theory.
    A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of knowledge that has been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Mutation .

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

His grand parents created his mom. And their parents created them and so on. Evolution isn't just a single species to the next one, its a continuous stream of changes.

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

Holy shit, you're just as ignorant as he is. You need the right circumstances for life forms.

What is the Difference between a Theory and a Hypothesis?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    ​You literally just proved yourself wrong. Quite possibly the greatest end to a debate I've ever seen.
    You were seeking love.
    Its name is Silence..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast