Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolfmay View Post
    Fuck weed. I don't hate weed because it is bad for you (and it isn't.) I don't have a problem with other people consuming weed. However, I do have a problem with me taking drugs when I don't need them to alter my state of mind. Honestly, that is one of my greatest fears, maybe it is a paranoia, idk.

If I were in a mental institute, I can totally understand why people don't consume those drugs that calm you down etc. I don't want shit messing with my head - it alters your state of mind, which is one of my greatest fears.

The thing is, when these drugs change you, you are still you in your eyes. The reality is that you act different, you behave differently and that scares the fuck out of me. I've seen an old university friend high, and while I am sure he had fun, he wasn't really the person I knew.
    What the fuck are you talking about. When I drink, I know when I cross the fine line between tipsy and hammered, when I smoke, I know when I'm smacked, and when I drop tabs, I certainly know when I'm tripping balls.

Thanks
    Fuck weed. I don't hate weed because it is bad for you (and it isn't.) I don't have a problem with other people consuming weed. However, I do have a problem with me taking drugs when I don't need them to alter my state of mind. Honestly, that is one of my greatest fears, maybe it is a paranoia, idk.

If I were in a mental institute, I can totally understand why people don't consume those drugs that calm you down etc. I don't want shit messing with my head - it alters your state of mind, which is one of my greatest fears.

The thing is, when these drugs change you, you are still you in your eyes. The reality is that you act different, you behave differently and that scares the fuck out of me. I've seen an old university friend high, and while I am sure he had fun, he wasn't really the person I knew.
    Sounds like a dash of paranoia.
    Have a toke before you dismiss it completely.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Yeah, IK. Some people love it, I however find it to be one of my greatest fears.
    I'd say that it's an irrational fear.
    Such as being hit by lightning.

As Azathoth said, people generally know where they are on a scale.
    I can still tell right from wrong, I just feel like the world isn't such a shitty place as I'm high.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Yeah, IK. Some people love it, I however find it to be one of my greatest fears.
    One time can hurt.
    You'll love it
    "People don't change.
    Circumstances do."

"Trying to find succes without working hard is like trying to harvest where you did not sow"

Bullpop

Will be my supp in LoL

You spin me right round right round

Thanks
    And statistically speaking, alcohol is a real shithead in comparison, I know you didn't mention it.
    But I feel that you probably have embodied it at least once.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    And statistically speaking, alcohol is a real shithead in comparison, I know you didn't mention it.
    But I feel that you probably have embodied it at least once.
    Never to the point where I have been drunk. I usually have a glass or two and it isn't in high-concentration. Like I said, I have a fear of being placed in a mental state that isn't my normal. Maybe irrational, maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by Azathᴏth View Post

What the fuck are you talking about. When I drink, I know when I cross the fine line between tipsy and hammered, when I smoke, I know when I'm smacked, and when I drop tabs, I certainly know when I'm tripping balls.
    I didn't suggest otherwise. However being aware of your state doesn't change the fact that you are in that state and you are acting abnormal. It is that transistion you mention that scares me, not the inability to recognize when you've made that transistion.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I thought on moving to Sweden for a second. Nevermind you sick bastard

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Womanizer` For This Useful Post:

Gray (06-28-2013)

Thanks
    Never to the point where I have been drunk. I usually have a glass or two and it isn't in high-concentration. Like I said, I have a fear of being placed in a mental state that isn't my normal. Maybe irrational, maybe not.

I didn't suggest otherwise. However being aware of your state doesn't change the fact that you are in that state and you are acting abnormal. It is that transistion you mention that scares me, not the inability to recognize when you've made that transistion.
    But if you are fully aware of your state then that doesn't mean you have to be "abnormal".
    If you are aware of an "issue" then that's not really an issue if you are the source of it. Such as, stopping when you want to.

You wouldn't go jump off a bridge just because you've smoked a little.
    I promise you, unless you're retarded as it is now. I consider myself pretty unstable and stable at the same time, seeing my conditions.
    So I'm speaking out of knowledge, weed wont change who you are.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

But if you are fully aware of your state then that doesn't mean you have to be "abnormal".
    If you are aware of an "issue" then that's not really an issue if you are the source of it. Such as, stopping when you want to.

You wouldn't go jump off a bridge just because you've smoked a little.
    I promise you, unless you're retarded as it is now. I consider myself pretty unstable and stable at the same time, seeing my conditions.
    So I'm speaking out of knowledge, weed wont change who you are.
    Just because you know something has altered your state of mind, doesn't mean you can help acting and thinking differently. This is the essance to my argument:

The core of reason and perception is your mind, everything you think, everything you do, it is you by definition. Then you take a drug that fucks with that, your self-integrity is gone. You can't gurantee the integrity of a system from within the system - that is a fact and a commonly applied practice. Akin, this is taking it to the utter extreme, crazy mother fuckers don't think they're crazy because they don't have the self-integrity (no one does really.) Who knows, I could be batshit insane right now typing on an imaginary computer - there is no way to test the integrity of my sanity, and I wouldn't risk needing to by getting drunk or high.

I am not saying that drugs lead you to do stupid thing like kill yourself, but I am simply justifying my fear.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 06-28-2013 at 04:02 PM.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    Just because you know something has altered your state of mind, doesn't mean you can help acting and thinking differently. This is the essance to my argument:

The core of reason and perception is your mind, everything you think, everything you do, it is you by definition. Then you take a drug that fucks with that, you're self-integrity is gone. You can't gurantee the integrity of a system from within the system - that is a fact and a commonly applied practice. Akin, this is taking it to the utter extreme, crazy mother fuckers don't think they're crazy because they don't have the self-integrity (no one does really.) Who knows, I could be batshit insane right now typing on an imaginary computer - there is no way to test the integrity of my sanity, and I wouldn't risk needing to by getting drunk or high.

I am not saying that drugs lead you to do stupid thing like kill yourself, but I am simply justifying my fear.
    But you can't really speak out of experience in a matter of something you've never experienced, my beliefs and ideas are not altered just because I smoke some weed, I've been on here several times both high and drunk, right now it's drunk.
    And I can tell you this, I'm still me, believe it or not, I'm not thinking about something I wouldn't normally think about and the only difference is that the thoughts you might run up against might be a little bit all over the place, the train of thought is altered but the general outcome is essentially the same.
    If you have a strong feeling for something, that wont change.

I still see that your fear is a bit unjustified, not saying, hey do drugs and all that.
    But don't judge its impact without having some personal or direct contact with it. However you turn it, you're still you and I'm still me no matter if I've smoked or not, I just find stuff a lot less irritating and a whole lot easier to handle than if you'd be sober.

It's something I'd recommend anyone to re-consider about, cannabis is "safe" and I'll stand by that.
    I'd also go as far as saying, I'd never touch another drop of alcohol if I could have some weed.

So, as far as far as I'm concerned, it's still irrational.
    Please, do try it once or rather, twice, with people you trust to ensure that safe feeling, just chill and watch a movie or listen to music with some snacks and drinks (juice or tea) and I guarantee that you'll enjoy it.

The only real change that you'll experience is your motor-skills and your sense of happiness.
    You'll find it easier to be happy.

You could even use it in terms of medicine, smoke a joint before bed and you'll fall asleep faster and in the end you'll feel more rested once you awake (This might be just me though)

Worst case scenario, you'll fall over, feel a teetsy bit sick, get a headache and go to bed.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gray For This Useful Post:

Kenshin13 (06-28-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

But you can't really speak out of experience in a matter of something you've never experienced, my beliefs and ideas are not altered just because I smoke some weed, I've been on here several times both high and drunk, right now it's drunk.
    And I can tell you this, I'm still me, believe it or not, I'm not thinking about something I wouldn't normally think about and the only difference is that the thoughts you might run up against might be a little bit all over the place, the train of thought is altered but the general outcome is essentially the same.
    If you have a strong feeling for something, that wont change.

I still see that your fear is a bit unjustified, not saying, hey do drugs and all that.
    But don't judge its impact without having some personal or direct contact with it. However you turn it, you're still you and I'm still me no matter if I've smoked or not, I just find stuff a lot less irritating and a whole lot easier to handle than if you'd be sober.

It's something I'd recommend anyone to re-consider about, cannabis is "safe" and I'll stand by that.
    I'd also go as far as saying, I'd never touch another drop of alcohol if I could have some weed.

So, as far as far as I'm concerned, it's still irrational.
    Please, do try it once or rather, twice, with people you trust to ensure that safe feeling, just chill and watch a movie or listen to music with some snacks and drinks (juice or tea) and I guarantee that you'll enjoy it.

The only real change that you'll experience is your motor-skills and your sense of happiness.
    You'll find it easier to be happy.

You could even use it in terms of medicine, smoke a joint before bed and you'll fall asleep faster and in the end you'll feel more rested once you awake (This might be just me though)

Worst case scenario, you'll fall over, feel a teetsy bit sick, get a headache and go to bed.
    I like weed.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Alcohol is bad for you, fun to consume, but albeit bad. Marijuana is much better, not only is it good for you but it's a good time as well, with no hangover.

Thanks
    I think maybe this is a friendly discussion for @Aborted and @Lehsyrus to join in on.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    ​I am all for the legalization of marijuana.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post
    ​I am all for the legalization of marijuana.
    What do you have to say to Adolfmay about his (This is just my opinion) irrational fear of being "altered" by weed. Or any other substance for that matter.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

What do you have to say to Adolfmay about his (This is just my opinion) irrational fear of being "altered" by weed. Or any other substance for that matter.
    It's a valid fear, though far-fetched at that. Indeed many substances can alter your brain chemistry after years of frequent and repeated use, though the time and intake needed for this to occur is akin to that of a addict.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast