Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Sword Art Online

So I just finished Sword Art Online, and wow, the series could not be more amazing. I fucking loved it, the whole thing.

Not going to sit here and summarize the whole thing, but I'll list a few comments/questions of mine.

--- SPOILERS AHEAD ---

(But they'll be minor).

I thought season 1 was way cooler than season 2. Wasn't as big of a fan of the fairy thing, and I just found the feel of season 1 was cooler, but they were both really cool. I found the whole Suguha liking Kirito thing kind of weird, but whatever, I guess that's a thing in Japan. I think it would have been cooler if they went back to SAO rather than being fairies at the end, but whatever. Also, is the chick at the end of last episode with blue hair Asuna?

Last question: Do you think there's going to be a third season? My friend told me it's confirmed, and I guess that's true based on the fact that there's some light novels out there. What do you guys think?

Anyways, amazing series, 9/10 would recommend that all of you watch it. (In 1080p, on a nice 24 inch TV via an HDMI connection like I did. :P It's a beautiful series).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    So I just finished Sword Art Online, and wow, the series could not be more amazing. I fucking loved it, the whole thing.

Not going to sit here and summarize the whole thing, but I'll list a few comments/questions of mine.

--- SPOILERS AHEAD ---

(But they'll be minor).

I thought season 1 was way cooler than season 2. Wasn't as big of a fan of the fairy thing, and I just found the feel of season 1 was cooler, but they were both really cool. I found the whole Suguha liking Kirito thing kind of weird, but whatever, I guess that's a thing in Japan. I think it would have been cooler if they went back to SAO rather than being fairies at the end, but whatever. Also, is the chick at the end of last episode with blue hair Asuna?

Last question: Do you think there's going to be a third season? My friend told me it's confirmed, and I guess that's true based on the fact that there's some light novels out there. What do you guys think?

Anyways, amazing series, 9/10 would recommend that all of you watch it. (In 1080p, on a nice 24 inch TV via an HDMI connection like I did. :P It's a beautiful series).
    Another fanboy abandoning the obv plot holes and such.

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/6-anime/56...le-online.html

^ out of the 26k people that saw it you weren't one of them.

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

Threadstarter
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Color View Post
    Another fanboy abandoning the obv plot holes and such.

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/6-anime/56...le-online.html

^ out of the 26k people that saw it you weren't one of them.
    I tried to avoid any title SAO related until I actually watched the show. Either that, or I really didn't see it. Oh well. I read that there was a light novel about GGO, which is what I was talking about when I said I figured there would be a third season. Thanks for the confirmation anyways.

And what plot holes? :S Care to elaborate?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I tried to avoid any title SAO related until I actually watched the show. Either that, or I really didn't see it. Oh well. I read that there was a light novel about GGO, which is what I was talking about when I said I figured there would be a third season. Thanks for the confirmation anyways.

And what plot holes? :S Care to elaborate?
    More then I can name tbh.. https://ocanimeblog.*********.com/201...ils-miserably/

---------- Post added at 03:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 AM ----------

The Escapist : Forums : Off-topic Discussion : Why I despise SAO(Sword Art Online) and why you should too

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

Threadstarter
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    First link is broken, and all I found on the second link was an anime elitist (worse than Empire) trying far too hard. Care to actually just quote the "plotholes", or are they on another page other than 1 or 4 on what you linked?

I read all his posts on the first and last page, but they're all the same thing.

"SAO embodies everything that is killing anime(as a medium) and I despise the fact that good and truly ambitious anime such as Nichijou, Un-go, Dantalian no Shoka and many more don't get a free pass despite all the risks they've taken when SAO doesn't take any risk at all, picks the safest route in terms of plot and aims on having as much anime tropes as possible to reach as much demographics as it can AND IT SUCCEEDS.

Kirito being a Gary Stu(and just a placeholder for it's pathetic fans), an excuse of a plot, that meandering tone, and how every character except for Asuna on the first few parts of the series have no character whatsoever really reminds me of the Star Wars prequels.

I know we have no control on what Japan likes, and we can't save anime that goes all in in terms of plot, but please don't bite in on every fad they obsess in."

So basically, he's mad that people like something he doesn't and wants everyone to share his dumb opinion. He doesn't really bring up any real points, he tries, but he doesn't back them up with ACTUAL examples. On top of that, he also insulted Star Wars. ****** confirmed.

Thanks
    Em...
    SAO and ALO - 1 season
    GGO - 2

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Color View Post

More then I can name tbh.. https://ocanimeblog.*********.com/201...ils-miserably/

---------- Post added at 03:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 AM ----------

The Escapist : Forums : Off-topic Discussion : Why I despise SAO(Sword Art Online) and why you should too

SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP.

Taking my job.
    -------------

In short what he linked was simple: SAO broke no new ground, is generic as all hell, and pretty much represents the same problems in the triple A gaming department but in anime.

-Plot sucks
    -Characters suck.(dear god, kirito the "black swordsmen").
    -The entire "your princess is in another castle" season 2.
    -The whole "you can die in a video game world"......been done before, 3 times that year btw, 4 if you include Hunter X Hunter.(not even including the 10-20+ times otherwise).
    -Action was decent for shonen, but not exactly anything to mention.
    ------------------------

SAO will never be a good series. The author lacks any storytelling sense, GunGale is even worse, and the whole thing driving the series. SWORD ART ONLINE is just the first season. Literally nothing after that has anything to do with it and its creators besdies "hey we are playing a video game and that was a video game, herp derp".

SAO......is ok. It not a "must watch", but you can enjoy it. Its got a ton of faults, but what shonen doesn't I guess.
    Last edited by Empire; 07-08-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I liked SAO, but I didn't love it. Like here are some things that killed it for me:
    - The whole "Fairy" arc.
    - In SAO Asuna was a badass female protagonist who can hold her own, which is kinda rare.
    - They then proceed to degrade her into the "princess stuck in a castle, come rescue me" nonsense.
    - I'm a huge MMORPG fan so I loved the aspect of SAO. The skills, the merchants, the NPCS, everything. It had everything an MMORPG has. (Which is a positive)
    - The HUGE timeskip. By episode 4 Kirito was like... level 13 and by episode 6 he was level 80. (Not exact levels, just an estimate) WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT???
    - That aside I really like the whole 2-4 episodes he and Asuma took "time off" and got all "cutesy" ANd had a "daughter" and shit, I found that pretty cool.

Anyways, as i've said, I LIKE the series but the flaws listed above keep me from loving it.

Threadstarter
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by _elz View Post
    Em...
    SAO and ALO - 1 season
    GGO - 2
    Not really. Story changes completely, opening and endings also change. I would consider that a different season. If they are one in the same, oh well, I still consider it 2 and so does everyone else I've spoken to about it. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    In short what he linked was simple: SAO broke no new ground, is generic as all hell, and pretty much represents the same problems in the triple A gaming department but in anime.

-Plot sucks
    -Characters suck.(dear god, kirito the "black swordsmen").
    -The entire "your princess is in another castle" season 2.
    -The whole "you can die in a video game world"......been done before, 3 times that year btw, 4 if you include Hunter X Hunter.(not even including the 10-20+ times otherwise).
    -Action was decent for shonen, but not exactly anything to mention.
    ------------------------

SAO will never be a good series. The author lacks any storytelling sense, GunGale is even worse, and the whole thing driving the series. SWORD ART ONLINE is just the first season. Literally nothing after that has anything to do with it and its creators besdies "hey we are playing a video game and that was a video game, herp derp".

SAO......is ok. It not a "must watch", but you can enjoy it. Its got a ton of faults, but what shonen doesn't I guess.
    That whole "taking my job" thing is kind of a bad thing for you to admit, but alright, at least we're both on the same page about it. (I'm guessing it was a joke; I hope it is).

I've never seen another anime like this, so it being generic doesn't bother me. I don't really like that argument in general, people use it about Nickelback, and I tell them YEAH, that's why I can enjoy their music. I don't think they're the best, but they're GENERIC ROCK, which means GENERIC GOOD STUFF. I think the same thing applies here, but meh.

-Plot sucks (care to elaborate, I'm curious as to what you mean).
    -Characters suck (same thing^) I like Kirito as the black swordsman, when he laid the smack down on those orange PKers, it was pretty fucking sweet, he was like "look at the shit I be talking and no one TOUCH ME". Protagonist power for the win.
    -Yeah, I wasn't as big of a fan of that, but it still had some cool action and wasn't the worst thing ever. But I agree, S1 was far better.
    -I think this was needed, it added an element of peril into the series, that when they die, they die, they're gone. In S2, the peril was added by the experiments he was doing and the fact that he wanted to use it to fuck with everyone in the real world, not as cool, but still. You need peril, or it begins to face the issue you complain that Naruto faces all the time. (But that's because it's a long series, so whatever).
    -Yeah, action was pretty epic. I like the scene in S2 where he fights the Salamander leader, beats his "phasing sword" in a similar way that Naruto fights Tobi (except with the help of Kakashi's sharingan). :P
    -------------------------

I hope GGO isn't worse. :S And what do you mean everything after that has nothing to do with the creators, different people wrote ALO and GGO?

Anyways, I really liked it. More than I liked Angel Beats, and on the same level as Naruto (which is saying a lot, since the main thing driving my like for Naruto is the nostalgic feels).

Quote Originally Posted by -Madara_Uchihã- View Post
    I liked SAO, but I didn't love it. Like here are some things that killed it for me:
    - The whole "Fairy" arc.
    - In SAO Asuna was a badass female protagonist who can hold her own, which is kinda rare.
    - They then proceed to degrade her into the "princess stuck in a castle, come rescue me" nonsense.
    - I'm a huge MMORPG fan so I loved the aspect of SAO. The skills, the merchants, the NPCS, everything. It had everything an MMORPG has. (Which is a positive)
    - The HUGE timeskip. By episode 4 Kirito was like... level 13 and by episode 6 he was level 80. (Not exact levels, just an estimate) WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT???
    - That aside I really like the whole 2-4 episodes he and Asuma took "time off" and got all "cutesy" ANd had a "daughter" and shit, I found that pretty cool.

Anyways, as i've said, I LIKE the series but the flaws listed above keep me from loving it.
    - Yeah, I didn't like the fairies as much either. It was cool to explore magic, and that is a different genre of MMORPGs, so I guess they kind of had to explore it. But I like the way Kirito and everyone else looked in SAO. I don't see why they kept their fairy forms at the end of the series. :S
    - Like I said above, wasn't as big of a fan of that, but oh well. S1 was better, but I still liked S2.
    - Yeah, the coolest thing about this series was the feel it gave off. I almost wished that I could play SAO (I also love MMORPGs). Plus the music in the series was just excellent, it was so well done, and fit in so perfectly.
    - They did that so they didn't have to waste as much time showing him progress, plus he was a "beater", so he knew how to level really fast. It added to his protagonist power, that he was the hero and that he was above everyone else.
    - Yeah, I loved those times, I was so sad when they saw the whole world being destroyed and they saw the cabin get fucked over. It was kind of sad. Yui was also great, she was the funniest thing in S2. "Papa, I told you not to cheat, I saw your heartbeat rise when you were busy getting all the bitches". xD
    Last edited by scotbud123; 07-08-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Thanks
    Not really. Story changes completely, opening and endings also change. I would consider that a different season. If they are one in the same, oh well, I still consider it 2 and so does everyone else I've spoken to about it. :S
    ALO = Continued SAO
    GGO = Absolutly new story

Threadstarter
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    ALO = Continued SAO
    GGO = Absolutly new story
    Absolutely new? Does that mean Kirito is not the main character? :S

Thanks
    Absolutely new? Does that mean Kirito is not the main character? :S
    You didn't read ranobe?
    Kirito main character, but not only he

Threadstarter
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    You didn't read ranobe?
    Kirito main character, but not only he
    No, I'm waiting for it to come out in anime form. Whatever, I guess all of this is Season 1. Doesn't really matter either way. xD

Thanks
    No, I'm waiting for it to come out in anime form. Whatever, I guess all of this is Season 1. Doesn't really matter either way. xD
    GGO - About If someone die in game he can die in real, but you can leave the game .So pretty interesting but short

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _elz For This Useful Post:

Elocrypt. (07-14-2013),scotbud123 (07-09-2013)

Thinking is the Enemy of Creativity. It's Self-Conscious, & Anything Self-Conscious is Lousy.
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I am a SAO fan and this GGO sounds pretty interesting. I liked SAO, though had a few faults.. I still really liked it. I'm hoping GGO isn't a complete disappointment.
    There are is a few Anime that I was recommended to watch since I liked SAO: "Attack on Titan" , "Suisei no Gargantia" , and "Harataku Maou-Sama". I have yet to check them out, but I will eventually.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast