Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Unhappy What last Your nightmare dreams.

Your last nightmare dream and it about what?

The Best Game of Attack On Titan Ever!

The Best Kill

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Invader-Zim View Post
    Your last nightmare dream and it about what?
    It's not exactly a nightmare but for the past week, I always wake up with a falling sensation. (Even though I'm not falling)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WTBUB View Post
    It's not exactly a nightmare but for the past week, I always wake up with a falling sensation. (Even though I'm not falling)
    that's look weird.

The Best Kill

Thanks

that's look weird.
    Sounds*

It feels weird.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    my last nightmare was when i joined mpgh

Thanks
    Sounds*

It feels weird.
    yes it is Bullshit.

The Best Kill

Thanks

yes it is Bullshit.
    It's not BS, Google it, happens to a lot of people.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Found this on the internetz for proof.
    This strange falling sensation and muscle twitch is known as a hypnagogic myoclonic twitch or “Hypnic jerk” If this has happened to you on more than one occasion, don’t worry, you are not alone. Close to 70 percent of all people experience this phenomenon just after nodding off, according to a recent study at the Mayo Clinic.

Most experts agree that this is a natural part of the sleeping process, much like slower breathing and a reduced heartbeat. The occurance is well known and has been well documented. However, experts are still not completely sure why the body does this.

The general consensus among researchers is that, as your muscles begin to slack and go into a restful state just as you are falling asleep; your brain senses these relaxation signals and misinterprets them, thinking you are falling down. The brain then sends signals to the muscles in your arms and legs in an attempt to jerk you back upright. This misinterpretation that takes place in your brain may also be responsible for the “falling” dreams that accompany the falling sensation. These “dreams” are not really normal dreams, as they are not produced from R.E.M sleep, but rather more like a daydream or hallucination in response to the body’s sensations.

While this phenomenon happens to most everyone, studies have recently begun to link occurrences of “Hypnic jerks” to sleep anxiety, fatigue, and discomfort. People who are having trouble sleeping or can’t get comfortable in bed appear to experience the sensation more often throughout the night. It is especially more common with people who are trying to fight falling asleep or have deprived themselves of sleep for more than 24 hours.

Researchers believe that the lack of sleep from sleep anxiety or sleep deprivation confuses the muscles and the brain. The muscles continually attempt to relax and shut down for rest, while your brain remains awake creating continued “misinterpretations” of falling or loss of balance.

Scientists and researchers continue to study sleep twitching and jerking in a small capacity, but state that the sensation is completely normal for our bodies and is of little medical significance. Our bodies go through several procedures of shutting down and preparing for an extended period of rest. “Hypnic jerking” is just one of them. It doesn’t appear to cause damage to body and poses no danger to our physical wellbeing. That may be true, but it could pose a significant danger to my bed when I mess my pants next time I wake up thinking I just fell off of a building.

Thanks
    It's not BS, Google it, happens to a lot of people.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Found this on the internetz for proof.
    This strange falling sensation and muscle twitch is known as a hypnagogic myoclonic twitch or “Hypnic jerk” If this has happened to you on more than one occasion, don’t worry, you are not alone. Close to 70 percent of all people experience this phenomenon just after nodding off, according to a recent study at the Mayo Clinic.

Most experts agree that this is a natural part of the sleeping process, much like slower breathing and a reduced heartbeat. The occurance is well known and has been well documented. However, experts are still not completely sure why the body does this.

The general consensus among researchers is that, as your muscles begin to slack and go into a restful state just as you are falling asleep; your brain senses these relaxation signals and misinterprets them, thinking you are falling down. The brain then sends signals to the muscles in your arms and legs in an attempt to jerk you back upright. This misinterpretation that takes place in your brain may also be responsible for the “falling” dreams that accompany the falling sensation. These “dreams” are not really normal dreams, as they are not produced from R.E.M sleep, but rather more like a daydream or hallucination in response to the body’s sensations.

While this phenomenon happens to most everyone, studies have recently begun to link occurrences of “Hypnic jerks” to sleep anxiety, fatigue, and discomfort. People who are having trouble sleeping or can’t get comfortable in bed appear to experience the sensation more often throughout the night. It is especially more common with people who are trying to fight falling asleep or have deprived themselves of sleep for more than 24 hours.

Researchers believe that the lack of sleep from sleep anxiety or sleep deprivation confuses the muscles and the brain. The muscles continually attempt to relax and shut down for rest, while your brain remains awake creating continued “misinterpretations” of falling or loss of balance.

Scientists and researchers continue to study sleep twitching and jerking in a small capacity, but state that the sensation is completely normal for our bodies and is of little medical significance. Our bodies go through several procedures of shutting down and preparing for an extended period of rest. “Hypnic jerking” is just one of them. It doesn’t appear to cause damage to body and poses no danger to our physical wellbeing. That may be true, but it could pose a significant danger to my bed when I mess my pants next time I wake up thinking I just fell off of a building.
    i think i have experience with it.

The Best Kill

Thanks

i think i have experience with it.
    Then why'd you call it BS?

Thanks
    Then why'd you call it BS?
    because i have just read the proof.

The Best Kill

Thanks

because i have just read the prof.
    But you said you experienced it, if that was true you wouldn't have called BS.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    I keep scaring the shit out of myself at work, the massive area I need to walk trough to get to my working space is pitchblack, need to walk 5 min till I am at the door.
    I just imagine the most terrible things -.-
    "People don't change.
    Circumstances do."

"Trying to find succes without working hard is like trying to harvest where you did not sow"

Bullpop

Will be my supp in LoL

You spin me right round right round

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I made some girl pregnant .

Thanks
    But you said you experienced it, if that was true you wouldn't have called BS.
    ok, my fault.

The Best Kill

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by banditodegod View Post
    I keep scaring the shit out of myself at work, the massive area I need to walk trough to get to my working space is pitchblack, need to walk 5 min till I am at the door.
    I just imagine the most terrible things -.-
    That happened to me when I was new to my current house, power turned off, I had no idea where to go... Barely found my door.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast