Angelic
    What is this? Private server?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbertZhubert View Post
    What is this? Private server?
    Yes it's a private server.

xmaino how are we supposed to join it? There's no link and by the looks of it is that a hamachi ip address?

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xmaino View Post
    25.161.124.199/game up most of the time enjoy Made by Me
    Oh it's the new type.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

What the hamachi network name?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Sorry, but I don't really know much about Private Servers. Whats the point of them? What do you use them for? Can't you get easily banned for using them? Thanks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Sorry, but I don't really know much about Private Servers. Whats the point of them? What do you use them for? Can't you get easily banned for using them? Thanks.
    Do they even have any connection to the actual game??

Thanks
    The point of them is most commonly to make the game easier and more fun than the original. It is supposed to give players a chance of getting cool items which they have never stood a chance of getting before But, it changes, so I'm unsure about this private server.
    You can't get banned for using them because it has no connection to the actual game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFrikinAsian View Post
    Do they even have any connection to the actual game??

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oliboli8769 For This Useful Post:

TeamRocketExec (07-31-2013),TheFrikinAsian (07-31-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliboli8769 View Post
    The point of them is most commonly to make the game easier and more fun than the original. It is supposed to give players a chance of getting cool items which they have never stood a chance of getting before But, it changes, so I'm unsure about this private server.
    You can't get banned for using them because it has no connection to the actual game.
    https://twitter.com/Shish_AE/status/359808560856694784

This says otherwise... I'd just be careful about playing on a private server.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    How are you going toget banned?!? theresno connection to the game you are just making a new acc. I can have 30+diff names and they wont know a thing about me

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Quote Originally Posted by axey123 View Post
    How are you going toget banned?!? theresno connection to the game you are just making a new acc. I can have 30+diff names and they wont know a thing about me
    This exactly, there is no chance at all of you being banned.
    Also, how are we meant to join?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chobits' View Post
    This exactly, there is no chance at all of you being banned.
    Also, how are we meant to join?
    You are mean't to use LogMeIn Hamachi to join. It's kind of complicated, but you just need to get the hang of it :P

Quote Originally Posted by thebigbang20 View Post
    https://twitter.com/Shish_AE/status/359808560856694784

This says otherwise... I'd just be careful about playing on a private server.
    He's half truthful, half untruthful.
    How you could ever possibly get banned:
    -You use the same username on the private server as you do in the normal game.
    -(THE DANGEROUS ONE) It is possible for AE to ban your IP address from the game. You don't want this to happen!
    I don't know if this can be avoided, because IP addresses can be seen/tracked easily on hamachi to my knowledge. But I'm not 100% certain.

Take note that some private servers don't use Hamachi, they're probably the safest ones and they're easier to access, but you might find the domain name to the server changes a lot, like with HiddenProject.
    Also, let's be honest, do you think AE can be bothered to employ staff just so that they can go around private servers looking for people to ban? It's very unlikely. Especially on small time private servers like this one (No offence but it's only just started).

Hope I could help a little If any wants to correct me on anything, feel free, because times might have changed and I've missed up on stuff.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    You are mean't to use LogMeIn Hamachi to join. It's kind of complicated, but you just need to get the hang of it :P

He's half truthful, half untruthful.
    How you could ever possibly get banned:
    -You use the same username on the private server as you do in the normal game.
    -(THE DANGEROUS ONE) It is possible for AE to ban your IP address from the game. You don't want this to happen!
    I don't know if this can be avoided, because IP addresses can be seen/tracked easily on hamachi to my knowledge. But I'm not 100% certain.

Take note that some private servers don't use Hamachi, they're probably the safest ones and they're easier to access, but you might find the domain name to the server changes a lot, like with HiddenProject.
    Also, let's be honest, do you think AE can be bothered to employ staff just so that they can go around private servers looking for people to ban? It's very unlikely. Especially on small time private servers like this one (No offence but it's only just started).

Hope I could help a little If any wants to correct me on anything, feel free, because times might have changed and I've missed up on stuff.
    Isn't tracking someones IP illegal?
    Also, about the username thing.. I don't think that's a legitimate reason to ban someone, many people can come up with usernames such as 'pure,' 'epic' or 'darkness' (Just used those as an example)

Thanks
    Isn't tracking someones IP illegal?
    Also, about the username thing.. I don't think that's a legitimate reason to ban someone, many people can come up with usernames such as 'pure,' 'epic' or 'darkness' (Just used those as an example)
    Not if you agreed to let them do it :l.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Quote Originally Posted by zerobrium View Post
    Not if you agreed to let them do it :l.
    I don't think logging into a private server allows them to do that.

Thanks
    I don't think logging into a private server allows them to do that.
    I don't think that you even need to track them.
    Previously, when I have used Hamachi servers, I could see every single persons IP which has been connected. I'm not sure if it's the same anymore as I have said, but I knew everyones xD
    They can also track your IP, if necessary. If you are badly breaking game rules. It happened to my friend, he couldn't access the game even if he made a new account. He was promoting all sorts of AQW hacks/trains and that was the result. I've already been threatened because of my youtube channel, but it hasn't happened, instead they banned all of my accounts.

The username is also unlikely like you say, but let's say my main character on AQWorlds was Oliboli8769. (Which it's not), then I go onto a private server and use the same name (It's already a pretty unique name) and then let's say, that member of staff googled me... I would be screwed.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    I don't think that you even need to track them.
    Previously, when I have used Hamachi servers, I could see every single persons IP which has been connected. I'm not sure if it's the same anymore as I have said, but I knew everyones xD
    They can also track your IP, if necessary. If you are badly breaking game rules. It happened to my friend, he couldn't access the game even if he made a new account. He was promoting all sorts of AQW hacks/trains and that was the result. I've already been threatened because of my youtube channel, but it hasn't happened, instead they banned all of my accounts.

The username is also unlikely like you say, but let's say my main character on AQWorlds was Oliboli8769. (Which it's not), then I go onto a private server and use the same name (It's already a pretty unique name) and then let's say, that member of staff googled me... I would be screwed.
    I doubt the staff would check every player on a PS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast