Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dj46563 View Post
    I play smite a bunch to, but you have to admit that hirez has a record now of leaving its less popular games, they have only made 3 games and already 2 of them were left in the dust after the other game got popular.
    There's also a chance if Smite gets thrown away that some other company or business or whatever will pick it up from them.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Complixity View Post

There's also a chance if Smite gets thrown away that some other company or business or whatever will pick it up from them.
    Most companies do not do that, all I could think of is EA and they are already making their own MOBA. That is not to say that other dev houses will make mobas with the similar style of smite's.

Thanks
    I play smite a bunch to, but you have to admit that hirez has a record now of leaving its less popular games, they have only made 3 games and already 2 of them were left in the dust after the other game got popular.
    SMITE is their only unique one though. I don't think they've spent as much time as their other 2 games as they have on SMITE. SMITE is unique in the fact that every skill is a skillshot, it's 3rd person, and pretty amazing graphics for a MOBA. I mean, you got to take those things into account -- they can't just drop it. Not only that, they're making LOTS of money. I mean, I've spent well over $100 on this game myself. Not just for skins/voicepacks, but also to support them.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Sheep View Post

SMITE is their only unique one though. I don't think they've spent as much time as their other 2 games as they have on SMITE. SMITE is unique in the fact that every skill is a skillshot, it's 3rd person, and pretty amazing graphics for a MOBA. I mean, you got to take those things into account -- they can't just drop it. Not only that, they're making LOTS of money. I mean, I've spent well over $100 on this game myself. Not just for skins/voicepacks, but also to support them.
    Yes, it is making a lot of money now so why would they drop the game now? As long as it is making them money they will keep doing patches and stuff for it, but it may not always be lucrative. Just do not be surprised if hirez ever ditches smite, from what it looks like it will not be for a while, but it is only common business practice to stop investing in something that will not get you money.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    You are speaking out of your ass because you must not have looked at smashmuck's maps before you said that. Their maps do not share the traditional lane layout of smite, lol, and dota.

There is actually some variation in mobas, moba stands for multiplayer online battleground. Games such as Bloodline Champions fall into this category yet are still very different from LoL, I think you mean to say dota like games have no variety, which they do, but in more slight ways you would not notice just from looking at it from the outside.
    OH MAN ONE CONDITION CHANGED PRAISE THE LORD THIS IS A BRAND NEW GAME
    /facepalm

I've played DoTA2, HoN, and LoL (a few games) kid, they're all the same.

Last edited by arunforce; 09-15-2013 at 09:47 PM.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post

OH MAN ONE CONDITION CHANGED PRAISE THE LORD THIS IS A BRAND NEW GAME
    /facepalm

I've played DoTA2, HoN, and LoL (a few games) kid, they're all the same.

All the games you listed fall under the dota genre, but there are other moba games that do not fall in that genre.

Anyways, you said all mobas are the same, so actually even if this was the only different game it would still make your statement false.

Btw, "THIS IS A BRAND NEW GAME" that is correct, the only true thing in your reply.
    Last edited by dj46563; 09-15-2013 at 10:14 PM.

Thanks
    All the games you listed fall under the dota genre, but there are other moba games that do not fall in that genre.

Anyways, you said all mobas are the same, so actually even if this was the only different game it would still make your statement false.

Btw, "THIS IS A BRAND NEW GAME" that is correct, the only true thing in your reply.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

DoTA genre? LOL, OK, funny how they are all listed as MOBAs. You can't look past superficial design and see the underlying mechanics, so I don't expect much out of you except stupid responses.

Yeah, brand new game, it features a bunch of new heroes that can mix and match existing heroes from all the other MOBAs! THIS ONE can stun in a cone in the surrounding area, and do 20 DoT damage to first 5 enemies in a line with his other skill! BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

DoTA genre? LOL, OK, funny how they are all listed as MOBAs. You can't look past superficial design and see the underlying mechanics, so I don't expect much out of you except stupid responses.

Yeah, brand new game, it features a bunch of new heroes that can mix and match existing heroes from all the other MOBAs! THIS ONE can stun in a cone in the surrounding area, and do 20 DoT damage to first 5 enemies in a line with his other skill! BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP
    All dota genre games are mobas, not all mobas fall in the dota genre, please try to keep up

If you are going to start talking about looking at the core of the game, then yeah, I guess all the games about fighting other people in a arena will be the same as all games where you fight others in an arena....just like how all games where you fight monsters in dungeons are the same as games where you go in dungeons and fight monsters...

And yes, it is a new game, you cannot argue against that, it is simply new. The attacks do dmg, no need to give the game crap because of that simple fact.

Anyways, you came on this thread to say that all mobas are the same, what you were talking about all along is that all the very core elements are the same, but that is the case for all video games.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    All dota genre games are mobas, not all mobas fall in the dota genre, please try to keep up

If you are going to start talking about looking at the core of the game, then yeah, I guess all the games about fighting other people in a arena will be the same as all games where you fight others in an arena....just like how all games where you fight monsters in dungeons are the same as games where you go in dungeons and fight monsters...

And yes, it is a new game, you cannot argue against that, it is simply new. The attacks do dmg, no need to give the game crap because of that simple fact.

Anyways, you came on this thread to say that all mobas are the same, what you were talking about all along is that all the very core elements are the same, but that is the case for all video games.
    There's no such thing as a fucking dota genre. It's either MOBA (which is a shit term) or ARTS. But of which this game comes under as do DotA, LoL, HoN, Smite and many others.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

There's no such thing as a fucking dota genre. It's either MOBA (which is a shit term) or ARTS. But of which this game comes under as do DotA, LoL, HoN, Smite and many others.
    Many people refer to some games using the term "dota genre" since dota pretty much invented the concept of the 5v5 with towers, minions, etc.

But anyhow smashmuck has none of those things, the conquest mode is where you capture points (like the cod or bf conquest), and the other main mode is where is a ctf like mode. Both games are mobas so you are doing pvp in a battleground, but there are no minions, towers, in-match leveling, gold, and items.

Therefore the game is a moba, but not a dota like game (does that term make you more happy?).

I looked up "ARTS" it is just some term Gabe is trying to get people to say, so ARTS is just as legitimate as saying dota genre or dota like.
    Last edited by dj46563; 09-15-2013 at 11:04 PM.

Thanks
    Many people refer to some games using the term "dota genre" since dota pretty much invented the concept of the 5v5 with towers, minions, etc.

But anyhow smashmuck has none of those things, the conquest mode is where you capture points (like the cod or bf conquest), and the other main mode is where is a ctf like mode. The game has nothing in common with games like LoL, even the controls are different (you use wasd) I guess the only thing in common is you use abilities, but then again many games have that....

Therefore the game is a moba, but not a dota like game (does that term make you more happy?).
    So I guess because in WoW, I use abilities, It's a MOBA right?

You're really classifying this game as a MOBA off of one fucking thing?

Because according to you, using abilities is the only thing in common with other games like Dota2, so it's a MOBA.

Are you even reading what you're fucking typing?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Problems. View Post

So I guess because in WoW, I use abilities, It's a MOBA right?

You're really classifying this game as a MOBA off of one fucking thing?

Because according to you, using abilities is the only thing in common with other games like Dota2, so it's a MOBA.

Are you even reading what you're fucking typing?
    Sorry, another thing in common is that you fight people in a battle ground. Happy? And yeah, mobas have that type of ability mana stuff going on.

I fixed my reply, thx for the heads up, it was pretty foolish.

Okay, another edit, I thought about it, and since moba is multiplayer online battleground, I guess those modes in wow where you fight in pvp against like 30 or so people makes that part of the game a moba. So yeah I guess wow is a moba in some respects. But it isn't a moba if it has abilites, it is a moba because once again, Multiplayer Online Battleground
    Last edited by dj46563; 09-15-2013 at 11:07 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

There is no DoTA genre... DoTA is the game that caused all these games. So, they're all DoTA games, and therefore all MOBA games. Makes sense. /fpalm

It's not even the core of the game that's the same, it's the entire game, it's rehashed and respitted out. Add first person view or WASD controls and it suddenly a new groundbreaking game? OK, if it makes you feel better at night. The underlying mechanics have to actually change for it to be something worth mentioning, but you don't seem to grasp that simple idea.

I never said it's not a new game you moron, I said they're all the same. You apparently can't get your head out of your ass to see that, I bet you think all CoDs are new and ground breaking.
    Last edited by arunforce; 09-15-2013 at 11:21 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

There is no DoTA genre... DoTA is the game that caused all these games. So, they're all DoTA games, and therefore all MOBA games. Makes sense. /fpalm

It's not even the core of the game that's the same, it's the entire game, it's rehashed and respitted out. Add first person view or WASD controls and it suddenly a new groundbreaking game? OK, if it makes you feel better at night. The underlying mechanics have to actually change for it to be something worth mentioning, but you don't seem to grasp that simple idea.

I never said it's not a new game you moron, I said they're all the same. You apparently can't get your head out of your ass to see that, I bet you think all CoDs are new and ground breaking.
    I was under the impression that you were being sarcastic when you said:
    OH MAN ONE CONDITION CHANGED PRAISE THE LORD THIS IS A BRAND NEW GAME /facepalm
    As I already explained not everything is the same about this game compared with say LoL, it uses different movement controls with 5 very different game modes. The leveling system is different in the fact that you can change which aspects of a certain god are better.

Also I already explained the whole dota genre thing, a dota genre is a type of game that is the summoners rift of LoL as you probably know it as, you cannot say the dota genre doesnt exist because there are at least 3 games that use that formula, and you have said yourself that you played those types of games:
    I've played DoTA2, HoN, and LoL (a few games) kid,
    I will try to explain this to you, moba is a very broad term, smashmuck fits that term, just because it fits into the moba genre does not make it exactly like other games that fit the moba title. "Dota genre" may not be a term you are used to hearing, but in the context that I am using, it is the type of game LoL, dota 2, and HoN are, but smashmuck does not fit the dota genre title.

If you are still confused about this, then please get off your high horse and we can talk about it, but doing stuff like calling me a kid to seem condescending is actually really childish and you should be embarrassed about that, after all you are the administrator for a large forum.

I also really like how after you posed your comment you went and edited it to add that little bit about the end saying I think call of duty changed a lot about their game, I guess for you that is the biggest curse you could ever fling at a gamer, I can see why a lot of people look up to you, you set a very good example and you make other moderators and administrators of this forum look really good.
    Last edited by dj46563; 09-15-2013 at 11:33 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast