View Poll Results: Is there an elo hell?

Voters
5. This poll is closed
  • Yes

4 80.00%
  • No

1 20.00%
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Is there an elo hell?

For League of Legends specifically

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Indeed there is. Bronze V - Bronze IV.

However that doesn't mean there aren't terrible players in other elos.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
    Indeed there is. Bronze V - Bronze IV.

However that doesn't mean there aren't terrible players in other elos.
    I think so too. In my opinion, elo should be based upon per-game performance. I know it's not perfect and doesn't factor in teamfights and teamwork as much, but I think it would be a much more accurate method of representing a person's skill and strategy. Or perhaps a combination of kda and win loss ratio.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    Nah don't think so. If you're good enough you can carry yourself out of those placements.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Yes there is, specifically between Bronze V to Bronze IV alongside with those who try to make the leap from Bronze I to Silver V. To all those who say that if you're good enough, you can carry yourself (and your team) to achieve the win (pretty much what @Shinobi is saying), that is complete bullshit. I cannot tell you how many times I've had to babysit players in my ELO and try to coordinate my team while somewhat maintaining a decent lane that I'm in. Its pretty pathetic how I've had to tell people at 30 minutes that we need to group mid and start team fighting. It is literally impossible (to an extent) to carry if you have 2-3 people feeding depending on what lane you're in. If you're against a decent team, they'll know to ignore the feeders and target the carries (you). So yes, there's ELO hell, and I feel sorry for every single person that tries to climb out of it. Only way to get of this ELO hell is to find a high ELO player to duo with.
    Godlike.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Astro. For This Useful Post:

Thefurball (03-23-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    Quote Originally Posted by Astronaut. View Post
    Yes there is, specifically between Bronze V to Bronze IV alongside with those who try to make the leap from Bronze I to Silver V. To all those who say that if you're good enough, you can carry yourself (and your team) to achieve the win (pretty much what @Shinobi is saying), that is complete bullshit. I cannot tell you how many times I've had to babysit players in my ELO and try to coordinate my team while somewhat maintaining a decent lane that I'm in. Its pretty pathetic how I've had to tell people at 30 minutes that we need to group mid and start team fighting. It is literally impossible (to an extent) to carry if you have 2-3 people feeding depending on what lane you're in. If you're against a decent team, they'll know to ignore the feeders and target the carries (you). So yes, there's ELO hell, and I feel sorry for every single person that tries to climb out of it. Only way to get of this ELO hell is to find a high ELO player to duo with.
    If in this "ELO hell", everyone was that bad, then if someone was any good they'd know how to snowball and carry. The biggest thing to do in silver/bronze elo soloqueue is just play selfishly. You're jungling and your mid sucks? Don't give him blue, same with ADC. In low elo it's all about doing everything for yourself. That's exactly what boosters do as well. What I learned is that you and your team will always, and I mean ALWAYS make some mistakes. I used to be in that ELO and back then I thought the exact same thing, that no matter what I did, my teammates would be ruining everything for me. What I later found out is that you either duo queue with someone you know is good and carry yourselves or be good enough to carry yourself.

The thing is, if you're gold level or higher, then going on someones account and getting them out of bronze is easy. The thing is though, which is the main reason why people believe ELO hell exists is that if your level isn't that much higher than theirs, then you're obviously going to be stuck. But that's not ELO hell, that's every division in league. I remember in season 3, the hardest area of ranking wasn't bronze, but going from Silver I to Gold V. If you go on twitch, and maybe youtube, people smurf and visit "ELO hell" to go up in ranks. The games that involve those people are probably the only ones you can't carry because they'll simply carry harder, but that's about it. The easiest way to carry in low ELO is to just pick champs that are really strong. Learn to play assassins like Zed or Leblanc then you can just remove a member of the opposite team when you feel like it. Win lane, win game.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post

If in this "ELO hell", everyone was that bad, then if someone was any good they'd know how to snowball and carry. The biggest thing to do in silver/bronze elo soloqueue is just play selfishly. You're jungling and your mid sucks? Don't give him blue, same with ADC. In low elo it's all about doing everything for yourself. That's exactly what boosters do as well. What I learned is that you and your team will always, and I mean ALWAYS make some mistakes. I used to be in that ELO and back then I thought the exact same thing, that no matter what I did, my teammates would be ruining everything for me. What I later found out is that you either duo queue with someone you know is good and carry yourselves or be good enough to carry yourself.

The thing is, if you're gold level or higher, then going on someones account and getting them out of bronze is easy. The thing is though, which is the main reason why people believe ELO hell exists is that if your level isn't that much higher than theirs, then you're obviously going to be stuck. But that's not ELO hell, that's every division in league. I remember in season 3, the hardest area of ranking wasn't bronze, but going from Silver I to Gold V. If you go on twitch, and maybe youtube, people smurf and visit "ELO hell" to go up in ranks. The games that involve those people are probably the only ones you can't carry because they'll simply carry harder, but that's about it. The easiest way to carry in low ELO is to just pick champs that are really strong. Learn to play assassins like Zed or Leblanc then you can just remove a member of the opposite team when you feel like it. Win lane, win game.
    Still, ELO hell does exist, however, its not as bad as people describe it. Its possible to climb, but depending on your skill level and your ELO, anything can become ELO hell in your opinion. A bronze V player playing in a Bronze III ELO can possibly describe his position as being in ELO hell since those players are at a higher skill group thus making it harder for him to climb. And I do agree with what you say, its very easy to climb out of ''ELO hell'' if you understand the game and know your hyper carries.
    Godlike.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Ranking a team game with 5 players and you can only bring 1-2.

Obviously the lower ranks are "elo hell" because if you get in there it's a lot harder to get out. Not to mention the rank-up is what, 2/3 wins? Good luck with trolls and such that if you are going to rank up will just feed/grief.