Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Wow Microsoft, low blow.

Microsoft can disclose your data when it feels like it

This is the part you should be most concerned about: Microsoft’s new privacy policy assigns is very loose when it comes to when it will or won’t access and disclose your personal data:

We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to protect our customers or enforce the terms governing the use of the services.

I’m not suggesting Microsoft and its lawyers are alone in making provision for such sweeping power over your data, but we should all be very careful about relying on the “good faith” of corporations. I’m not even sure such a thing exists.

Privacy Statement | Services Agreement [Microsoft] h/t to EDRI for flagging up a number of these issues.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Don't agree to it?

Fuck off you scum

Before the gods, there were the Titans.
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Yeah, there were a few threads mentioning this in the past few days. Microsoft was used by a lot of other corporations because, unlike Google, it promised to not spy on or leak out any corporate data (to the highest extent of the law, that is). But now, Microsoft is falling in line with the other companies.

The events of the book 1984 may not have happened in real life in the year 1984, but it's obvious that we're getting close to it.

Thanks
    By using their product you're automatically agreeing with their terms of service.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    Yeah, there were a few threads mentioning this in the past few days. Microsoft was used by a lot of other corporations because, unlike Google, it promised to not spy on or leak out any corporate data (to the highest extent of the law, that is). But now, Microsoft is falling in line with the other companies.

The events of the book 1984 may not have happened in real life in the year 1984, but it's obvious that we're getting close to it.
    They should be glad to have their policy abused. It got them a lot of customers.

You can't use Windows and not agree to their TOS, so, you're screwed there. Sucks they went there though :/

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    rip .

Fuck off you scum

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Degree.. View Post
    They should be glad to have their policy abused. It got them a lot of customers.

You can't use Windows and not agree to their TOS, so, you're screwed there. Sucks they went there though :/
    You know, there's alternatives to Windows if you feel threatened by the corporation data mining.
    That's how the world works, money for information and information for money.

What could be done is a large scale fake operation where tons and tons of users or possibly a botnet send fake malicious mails and make fake malicious appointments and calendar entries and whatever else they're mining to even it out, eventually forcing them to stop due to the fact that they're data is inaccurate and pointless to sell or access.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    just decline it

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Transferred View Post
    just decline it
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gray View Post
    By using their product you're automatically agreeing with their terms of service.
    . . .

With great power comes great electricity bill
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    You know, there's alternatives to Windows if you feel threatened by the corporation data mining.

What could be done is a large scale fake operation where tons and tons of users or possibly a botnet send fake malicious mails and make fake malicious appointments and calendar entries and whatever else they're mining to even it out, eventually forcing them to stop due to the fact that they're data is inaccurate and pointless to sell or access.
    But that will never happen.
    I got abused by Arun and exposed him

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    low indeed .

Fuck off you scum

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Low, but this is just one of those things that you can hype up but in reality is not a big deal. Millions use Windows 10.. what are the chances they would go through your shit? And why? What could you have that they would need to look through? I would not worry much.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    lol, you guys gave it more than what it deserves. Microsoft collets all this data to improve Windows AND Cortana AND Personality.. Like they're not doing that to catch ISIS leader or w/e, they're just doing that to make everyone feels he is really in an environment like if it was a real one..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

Eh we all knew it was coming at some point anyway, and this would never really happen so I guess we gotta live with it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    . . .
    oh that is a r.i.p moment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast