Thread: Computer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Exclamation Computer

First off i just want to say sorry if this is in the wrong section.
    Anyways, the problem I am having with my computer is that I had about 350 GB mem space on my computer about a week ago and now its down to 299GB.
    I dont know why so much hard drive space is being taken when I dont even
    download that much stuff (2GB at the most per month). I was wondering if its a virus that s downloading stuff to my computer? Because I've been having this problem recently ever since i started downloading hacks. I tried doing a whole computer scan and deleted all the infected files but its still happening, Im pretty sure its not the windows update because i dont do them often and when windows does do automatic update, its only like once a month for me.

IF any1 can tell me why so much space from my computer is being taken, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by iProBaller. View Post
    Anyways, the problem I am having with my computer is that I had about 350 GB mem space on my computer about a week ago and now its down to 299GB.
    download that much stuff (2GB at the most per month). I was wondering if its a virus that s downloading stuff to my computer? Because I've been having this problem recently ever since i started downloading hacks. I tried doing a whole computer scan and deleted all the infected files but its still happening, Im pretty sure its not the windows update because i dont do them often and when windows does do automatic update, its only like once a month for me.

IF any1 can tell me why so much space from my computer is being taken, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

remove all of the temprary files by using ccealner or tune up utilites 2010

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Go do a Disk Cleanup, its a windows feature.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    wow thx a lot guys, my bills already gone up by $38 and its not even end of the month yet, my monthly bandwidth is 60GB..

EDIT: ITs dwon to 297 GB now... every min its going down 1GB wtf...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    do tha disk clean up and if that doesn't work you'll prob'ly have to reinstall windows on your comp. this will most likely get rid of whateva is downloadin onto your comp whether a worm or some kind of back door virus..whateva it is it'll get deleted but you'll lose everythin your music, hacks etc

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    It has to be a worm, trojan or any other kind of virus that downloads stuff on your computer, reinstall windows and all that Formatt or something like that, sorry mate :S

-Greengo-
    InToxicated

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    wow...well thx anyways guys... btw its down to 292 GB now..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    disk clean up and defrag

[IMG]https://i930.photobucke*****m/albums/ad149/MattPreston/God-of-the-ex.png[/IMG]

Shifty sexy shit

[IMG]https://i152.photobucke*****m/albums/s198/blackbliss11/scrcrwgift.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    I did all that but its still going down...I think its a virus...sigh... i really dont want to restore computer to factory condition... btw its at 280 GB now..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    moved to general for more help

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    best thing u can do is reformat ur pc and reload ur OS to get rid of that virus

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by iProBaller. View Post

Psh I filled up my 300 in 2 weeks... I win

I’m afraid of three things: Women, snakes, and the police. They all have the ability to hurt me and make it look like it was my fault.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by jmend736 View Post
    Psh I filled up my 300 in 2 weeks... I win
    oh wow ur cool

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    unistall shit you dont use / need , Disk clean up , defrag.

_<span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span><span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span> <span class="EmojiInput mj230" title="Black Heart Suit ::hearts::"></span>_

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    FUCK YOU! You're worried about only having 299GB?

On my linux partition(which is the one I use most commonly) I have a max of 10GB, with 4.4GB left. My windows doesn't boot, there is an issue with my bootloader which I haven't gotten around to fixing.

Go to add or remove programs, and just have it order entries via file size in descending order. \win. I doubt it's a virus.

O'Yea, like mina said, because the filesystem used by windows is SHIT, it fragments overtime, you should run a defragmenting operation after mass file deletion\installation(not that it will create space though.) With that much harddrive space though, I doubt it's fragmented at all.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast