Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked

This is where I am, and I have questions!

Alright, i've been at C++ for a little more than a month right now I'd say, and i'm on chapter 14 of C programming.com - Your Resource for C and C++ Programming 's C++ Made Easy tutorial, which is Accepting Command Line Arguments ( I don't understand this at all!) But what I do understand is this.

If statements
    Loops
    Functions (sorta)
    Switch Cases
    Pointers (Sorta, seeking better explanations.)
    Structures (basics/syntax)
    Arrays (basics, don't really understand usage other than for cstrings)
    Strings
    File Input/Output
    Typecasting (Don't really see a point in it other than displaying ASCII characters)
    Classes
    Inline Functions
    And i'm currently on Accepting Command Line Arguments which I don't understand at all.

There's still quite a few lessons in the C++ Made Easy tutorial Such as;
    Singly Linked Lists
    Recursion
    Variable Argument Lists
    Binary Trees
    Inheritance
    Initialization Lists and Inheritance
    C++ Class Design
    Enumerated Types
    Formatted Output in C++ using iomanip
    Generating Random Numbers
    Using Modulus
    Templates in C++
    Templated functions
    Template Specialization and partial specialization
    Understanding the C Preprocessor -- Constants, Macros, and other Tricks

And i'm wondering if this is all necessary before I move onto D3D? And if just some of it, what? Because currently i'm on Command Line Arguments and David said he has never used these in his C++ programming, although I have seen them in a few hack sources. Should I finish out these lessons before I move onto D3D?

ALSO! I was seeking a bit more insight on Functions, Pointers, Arrays,Structures, and Typecasting usage.

As far as functions are concerned I know these are used if say you have 100 lines of code that recurs over and over in the program, it's alot easier to type FunctionName() than blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah over and over.

Pointers are used for storing values in addresses and such but nothing more (I was actually hoping for an MSN convo with someone who is well versed in Pointers to lay it all down for me.)

EDIT! After I get these basic concepts i'm gonna finish reading my C++ Book to finalize the concepts and hopefully see some usage. The end of the C++ Primer seems to have quite the index of functions in it.
    Last edited by ilovecookies; 12-17-2009 at 08:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
    I am the tyranny of evil men, and you are all the weak. But i'm trying Ringo,i'm trying real hard, to become the shepherd.
    excuse me miss, would you kindly reflect some photons off the epidermis covering your sternum directly into the camera iris or vacate the proximity immediately
    [IMG]https://i882.photobucke*****m/albums/ac23/miki_d420/RealizingYoureALeecher2copy.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    thats a lot of stuff lol
    but a simple d3d source only requires u to know functions operators typecasting strings ifs syntax loops

if you are doing a bypass or whatsoever then pointers are a must

EDIT:
    oh yeah and D3D functions and stuff good luck

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Quote Originally Posted by falzarex View Post
    thats a lot of stuff lol
    but a simple d3d source only requires u to know functions operators typecasting strings ifs syntax loops

if you are doing a bypass or whatsoever then pointers are a must

EDIT:
    oh yeah and D3D functions and stuff good luck
    Well I just want to make sure I have a good grasp of C++ before I move onto D3D. And if i'm gonna learn D3D i'm gonna stab at the Windows API too so I can get hooking down.
    I am the tyranny of evil men, and you are all the weak. But i'm trying Ringo,i'm trying real hard, to become the shepherd.
    excuse me miss, would you kindly reflect some photons off the epidermis covering your sternum directly into the camera iris or vacate the proximity immediately
    [IMG]https://i882.photobucke*****m/albums/ac23/miki_d420/RealizingYoureALeecher2copy.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Most games now-a-days use Win32 API programming to create a window. That's pretty much it, then you pass a handle to the window when you're initializing DX. From there on, the game has no concern for the Win32 API, it isn't even used as input, because it's much faster and efficient to acquire input directly from the devices then to wait for it from the Win32 call back.

You really shouldn't be teaching yourself to be a hacker, you should be teaching yourself to be a programmer, then a hacker. Most hackers now a days write crappy code, that hardly functions because they learned to hack with no regard to programming. Once you understand how to program C\C++ well, all you need is theory and you'll be able to write hacks.
    With that, finish up the C++ tutorials, start a C++ project using what you've learned(make it take more then two months to write).

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to radnomguywfq3 For This Useful Post:

B1ackAnge1 (12-18-2009),ilovecookies (12-18-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post
    Most games now-a-days use Win32 API programming to create a window. That's pretty much it, then you pass a handle to the window when you're initializing DX. From there on, the game has no concern for the Win32 API, it isn't even used as input, because it's much faster and efficient to acquire input directly from the devices then to wait for it from the Win32 call back.

You really shouldn't be teaching yourself to be a hacker, you should be teaching yourself to be a programmer, then a hacker. Most hackers now a days write crappy code, that hardly functions because they learned to hack with no regard to programming. Once you understand how to program C\C++ well, all you need is theory and you'll be able to write hacks.
    With that, finish up the C++ tutorials, start a C++ project using what you've learned(make it take more then two months to write).

And so this is my goal. I'll finish up on Cprogramming.com which should get me where I need to be as far as syntax is concerned, then i'll finish out my C++ Primer 5th Edition, which should show some common uses for said syntaxes. Also, before moving off of C++, should I just learn what i've listed here, or move on to advanced C++?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    If your reading from C++ Primer Plus, it teaches very advanced concepts already. If you are learning mostly from a website, odds are they skimp out and just grasp on basics. I'd read the book if I were you.
    Goals In Life:
    [X] Become an Advanced Member
    [X]Release a tut on mpgh
    [0]Post 300 posts
    [X]Make a working hack
    [X] Learn c++