Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

I need some anime suggestions.

As you read from the title, I need some anime suggestions. This time, the anime I am looking for/interested in, is action with a good male lead. For example, something along the lines of the MC from HS DXD. He had the strongest gear, and protected his friends, he was also somewhat a badass MC. I just threw that out as a example, can anyone give me anime along the lines of a male lead like this? (prefer a badass mc, but its alright, if you can't find one)

NewsForce December 2015 - April 2016
    Premium Member April 2013 - Current
    MPGH Member March 2013 - Current

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Akame Ga Kill - I am watching right now and I enjoy it so far
    Tokyo Ghoul - I have watched both seasons and it is among my top 5 favorite anime
    Sword Art Online - You have probably already given it a shot if you watch anime, some people like it, some people don't. I have enjoyed the entire series so far.

My list of anime that falls into what you are looking for is pretty limited because I mainly watch Romance/Slice of life anime with my girlfriend and have not seen very many entire seasons.

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Yung-CAM

It's not a fucking game...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    As you read from the title, I need some anime suggestions. This time, the anime I am looking for/interested in, is action with a good male lead. For example, something along the lines of the MC from HS DXD. He had the strongest gear, and protected his friends, he was also somewhat a badass MC. I just threw that out as a example, can anyone give me anime along the lines of a male lead like this? (prefer a badass mc, but its alright, if you can't find one)
    Something like a MC from DxD would be The Testament of Sister New Devil. Unfortunately it's pretty bland but its like a rip from DxD so you may like it.

On to actual suggestions,
    -Tokyo Ghoul MANGA..MANGA
    -JoJos Bizarre Adventure
    -Hunter x Hunter
    -Monogatari is a little bit of action but the boy helps his friends

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    Tokyo Ghoul - I have watched both seasons and it is among my top 5 favorite anime
    Sword Art Online - You have probably already given it a shot if you watch anime, some people like it, some people don't. I have enjoyed the entire series so far.

My list of anime that falls into what you are looking for is pretty limited because I mainly watch Romance/Slice of life anime with my girlfriend and have not seen very many entire seasons.

Akame is 2edgy4memes
    Tokyo Ghoul anime is shit. You've watched 15 anime and throw it in your top 5, thats not a surprise.
    SAO has a decent first season, but the later half of the first season falls low, and the second season makes it even worse.

@Dylan Let me know what you think of what I listed and I can throw in more if you want
    Last edited by Takatsuki; 10-02-2015 at 10:11 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Takatsuki For This Useful Post:

Dylan (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    Something like a MC from DxD would be The Testament of Sister New Devil. Unfortunately it's pretty bland but its like a rip from DxD so you may like it.

On to actual suggestions,
    -Tokyo Ghoul MANGA..MANGA
    -JoJos Bizarre Adventure
    -Hunter x Hunter
    -Monogatari is a little bit of action but the boy helps his friends

Akame is 2edgy4memes
    Tokyo Ghoul anime is shit. You've watched 15 anime and throw it in your top 5, thats not a surprise.
    SAO has a decent first season, but the later half of the first season falls low, and the second season makes it even worse.

@Dylan Let me know what you think of what I listed and I can throw in more if you want
    Definitely wasn't praising it's existence, I have not watched much anime I know but from what I have watched I enjoyed it.
    Also note that everything watching shows/reading books is OPINION based.

Thanks
    Definitely wasn't praising it's existence, I have not watched much anime I know but from what I have watched I enjoyed it.
    Also note that everything watching shows/reading books is OPINION based.

Just quit while you're ahead

Last edited by Takatsuki; 10-02-2015 at 10:57 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

When elitists ruin communities

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Tokyo Ghoul - Action, with a wimpy Male MC at first, then the things get good. he does look awesome though...
    Fear the old blood.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to joshZ For This Useful Post:

unsub (10-03-2015)

Thanks

When elitists ruin communities
    Elitists? You're saying that "muh 15 anime watched and muh top 5" isn't the one to destroy a community?

You have two people. One person has 15 years of experience in a job, and the other has 3 months of experience. Both are to give insight on a certain task in there respective field. I wonder which one is going to be more accurate....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Ah, I see we have A LOT of anime in common. I also really do enjoy the Romance/Slice of life anime, many of which are on your Plan To Watch list, i've seen. And I got to say, you got good taste my friend thanks for rec. btw

NewsForce December 2015 - April 2016
    Premium Member April 2013 - Current
    MPGH Member March 2013 - Current

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dylan For This Useful Post:

unsub (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post

Ah, I see we have A LOT of anime in common. I also really do enjoy the Romance/Slice of life anime, many of which are on your Plan To Watch list, i've seen. And I got to say, you got good taste my friend thanks for rec. btw
    top kek meme.

Thanks
    Badass main character in anime? OK.

- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    - Baki The Grappler
    - Berserk
    - Black Lagoon
    - Needless
    - Scryed

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Fidel Alejandro Castro Ru For This Useful Post:

unsub (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Elitists? You're saying that "muh 15 anime watched and muh top 5" isn't the one to destroy a community?

You have two people. One person has 15 years of experience in a job, and the other has 3 months of experience. Both are to give insight on a certain task in there respective field. I wonder which one is going to be more accurate....
    How is me being friendly and recommending a few anime out of the several I have seen the one to destroy a community? You are the one coming in and basically saying "hey your recommendations are shit, mine are better because I've watched anime longer and have more series' under my belt, hahaha." Fucking troll, m8. Your analogy about experience in a JOB is totally irrelevant. A job needs to get done a certain way. This is fucking anime, people will like certain things, other will not. Keyword I cannot stress enough: OPINION in terms of who likes what.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    High school of the dead if we're talking in terms of DXD.

Other anime I would suggest with a strong MC is Overlord, The Irregular at Magic High School, and Btoom.

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

Thanks
    How is me being friendly and recommending a few anime out of the several I have seen the one to destroy a community? You are the one coming in and basically saying "hey your recommendations are shit, mine are better because I've watched anime longer and have more series' under my belt, hahaha." Fucking troll, m8. Your analogy about experience in a JOB is totally irrelevant. A job needs to get done a certain way. This is fucking anime, people will like certain things, other will not. Keyword I cannot stress enough: OPINION in terms of who likes what.
    I have a terrible way with words I guess.

Yes, you are being friendly and recommending a few anime. I appreciate that people go out of there way to suggest, even though there are 6 threads on the front page with suggestions, and the answers are all the same.

Yes, I came in and replied to your suggestions. I said Akame is edgy, but to expand on it, it doesn't meet OPs wants. He asks for OP MCs, not ones that have a single power up with the other episodes being, for lack of better words, edgy.

Read the Tokyo Ghoul manga. You'll quickly realize that what I say is true, and undeniable. I can argue this for eternity if you'd like.

My SAO statement is the same. I change nothing and see nothing wrong with what I said. It's a reasonable view point that the majority of intellectual viewers agree on.

I hate debating around the word opinion but my analogy was pretty lame and incorrect. I guess the more correct term would be biases. Your view point shifts depending on certain things, and I agree that its a lot of taste but also a lot of knowledge. Sure, you may have enjoyed SAO. I can also say for certainty that as you experiment with more and more shows, that will start to change.

I don't try to come off as elitists but I also don't like that you seem to think EVERYTHING is opinion based, when there are quite literally just bad shows.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Takatsuki For This Useful Post:

unsub (10-04-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Ironically in the show it does pierce....

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel Alejandro Castro Ru View Post
    Badass main character in anime? OK.

- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    - Baki The Grappler
    - Berserk
    - Black Lagoon
    - Needless
    - Scryed

You ever see "Tough"?

It's got a really good manga.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast