Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Angry Why do people think Baseball is so lame or boring?

I've been playing baseball for ~11 years now. I'm currently 16 years old, And I've tried branching out to other sports such as Football (american) with some success, But I just don't enjoy them as much.
    People always give me a lot of shit for playing baseball, and I'm here to ask a simple question. Why?
    It's not the most exciting to watch, I'll admit. But I love it, I'm currently a sophomore on varsity ball for my high school, and I literally live to play baseball. We ride a bus as a team to our practice field while our main one is getting built, and it's such a fun experience bonding with my bros and becoming better together.
    One of the things I hated about football was practicing your balls off every day, But only getting to play once a week at best. I get your body needs rest as you're getting beat the shit out of. But that's why I enjoy baseball, We practice hard every day for 2 and a half hours, But have 2-4 games a week + tournaments. And the games/double headers are the best part to me!
    We travel for usually 30-2 hours, And play baseball for just about the whole day. At least 4 hours on game days.
    Some of the best experiences of my life have come from Baseball, I was depressed and sad for so long, and then I met some of the most amazing people I have ever met playing baseball, these people have changed my life and it's like they're all my brothers.

So my question is simple, Why does everyone think Baseball sucks?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Because people who aren't baseball players don't understand it enough to appreciate it.

Thanks
    Everyone has their opinion? Like my favorite sport is football (not the american one) i'd rather play that all day than any other sport. Then you got others that hate it, and rather play a different sport.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by KeptOnService View Post
    Everyone has their opinion? Like my favorite sport is football (not the american one) i'd rather play that all day than any other sport. Then you got others that hate it, and rather play a different sport.
    I get that everyone has there opinion, But why do people openly trash on a sport you know nothing about? People accuse us of slacking off.
    In our practices, we run almost as much as most outbox practices, And we work hard. I just don't understand peoples ignorance.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    It's because you understand the sport, that's why it seems like others hate it. Just like I understand skiing in a way most people wouldn't ever understand it even if they've gone before. People tend to hate what they do not understand.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    oh and go cubbies next years finally our year

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Because baseball is basically like all american sports. You take 10-30 seconds of action, you wait. You take 10-30 seconds of action, you wait.

Baseball is also so simple a sport that steroids are often used because skill is only required to a certain extent.

Baseball is also notorious for having gambling issues.

Baseball also has relatively half it's team be useless for half the game. Another problem with american football, where half the team basically does jack for the majority of the game.

Baseball is also slow as fuck and boring as fuck. When 3/4 of the game is anticipating the hit, you're watching 5+ people just sit there.

Essentially people dislike baseball for the reasons they like football.

Thanks
    Because it is lame and boring.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Watching baseball is not exciting at all, It's so boring. I dont really like watching football or hockey either, but It's still more fun than baseball. Maybe It's because I'm not American....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by OncePhoenix View Post
    People always give me a lot of shit for playing baseball, and I'm here to ask a simple question. Why?
    People don't understand the difficulty and coordination it takes to actually play the sport.

From a viewing and playing perspective, it's much different, coming from an 8 year player here. For example, say some guy strikes out, from a viewing standpoint, a person could say "Wow, I'd hit that, he swung so late/early."

Put up to the test, coordination, timing, and strength are all needed aspects to hit well.

Same applies to catching a ball travelling at 70+ miles per hour to your mitt.

People are too ignorant today to even understand the sport and the difficulty it has.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Because it is boring in a nutshell

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Because baseball is basically like all american sports. You take 10-30 seconds of action, you wait. You take 10-30 seconds of action, you wait.

Baseball is also so simple a sport that steroids are often used because skill is only required to a certain extent.

Baseball is also notorious for having gambling issues.

Baseball also has relatively half it's team be useless for half the game. Another problem with american football, where half the team basically does jack for the majority of the game.

Baseball is also slow as fuck and boring as fuck. When 3/4 of the game is anticipating the hit, you're watching 5+ people just sit there.

Essentially people dislike baseball for the reasons they like football.
    steroids are used to make you stronger, and to make your body last longer.
    Not for performance enhancing necissarily

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post

People don't understand the difficulty and coordination it takes to actually play the sport.

From a viewing and playing perspective, it's much different, coming from an 8 year player here. For example, say some guy strikes out, from a viewing standpoint, a person could say "Wow, I'd hit that, he swung so late/early."

Put up to the test, coordination, timing, and strength are all needed aspects to hit well.

Same applies to catching a ball travelling at 70+ miles per hour to your mitt.

People are too ignorant today to even understand the sport and the difficulty it has.
    70mph where the f u play lol.
    I throw 85+ on a decent day

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    70mph where the f u play lol.
    I throw 85+ on a decent day
    i'm giving reference
    >im not college
    >junior year, practices we don't throw full strength, i'm giving an average practice speed

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    steroids are used to make you stronger, and to make your body last longer.
    Not for performance enhancing necissarily
    They are literally called "performance enhancing drugs".

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Baseball isn't for people who are in a hurry to get away from it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast