Thanks

Owarimonogatari - EP 11

WOW. This episode was extremely emotional. I loved every part of it. I think this is the best episode that's aired since Bakemonogatari by far.

Firstly, Episode casually talking to Araragi like that was a bit of a shocker to me. Then I remembered that it's Monogatari, and basically getting your ass kicked in a fight is the same way as saying "We're friends now." Also, the duel location is the same place they originally fought at? That made me grin.

Secondly, Shinobu and Kanbaru. That back and forth exchange was really well done. Seeing Shinobu act like that was a change and it was heart warming. I feel like most of what Kanbaru said was spot on and it gave off the impression that Shinobu actually does care for Ararargi outside of the master/servant relationship.

-One thing I noticed was that Kanbaru said she didn't know anything about Araragi and Shinobu's past, yet she referred to Araragis quote when

he chose to save Shinobu rather than have her die.

Was there something I missed?

Overall, this episode was outstanding. Easily the best thing I've watched in a long time.

Thanks
    eh i feel like it was more of a build up episode for the big fight next episode. best episode? ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh rewatch hitagi end again; that's some g000d shit

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareka View Post
    eh i feel like it was more of a build up episode for the big fight next episode. best episode? ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh rewatch hitagi end again; that's some g000d shit
    Not a big fan of Senjougahara. Surprisingly I still enjoyed Bakemonogatari, but I think as the series progressed I started to question Araragi and Hitagi's relationship, especially after reading Kizumonogatari. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
    Last edited by Takatsuki; 12-13-2015 at 05:07 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I don't think they put as much emphasis on First trying to poison Koyomi as they should have. Like I didn't even realize he gave Koyomi the water.

I'd really like to see this episode in BD, as there were noticeable dips in quality.

Kanbaru's conversation seemed to repeat itself halfway, which it wasn't bad, but it seemed like I listened to the same point twice.

Other than that I have nothing but praise for the episode. Shinobu's clutching of Kanbaru's face was very well done, First behaves very cunningly, and I think that most of the themes in this episode were done very well.

ALSO, YOTSUGI'S FOOTPRINT WAS A MARK. Totally forgot that! I find it enjoyable that the little things are shown quite often and repeated, but the explanation is always interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    -One thing I noticed was that Kanbaru said she didn't know anything about Araragi and Shinobu's past, yet she referred to Araragis quote
    Hmm? Do what now?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Hmm? Do what now?
    Remember when Shinobu said "you don't know the past between your upperclassman and I", in which Kanbaru responds with "You're right, I don't." Somewhere along that discussion, Kanbaru actually mentions the same quote Araragi did when he saved Shinobu at the end of Kizumonogatari.

I'll get a time stamp of it in a minute.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    I'll get a time stamp of it in a minute.
    13 Hours later........

Oh btw I picked up Kizumonogatari.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

13 Hours later........

Oh btw I picked up Kizumonogatari.
    Look, man. I had some studying to do and finals are this week. After this week though, I'm going to be free as hell.

13:02 is when she mentions not knowing about the past between Shinobu and Araragi

16:35 is the exact quote Araragi uses in Kizumonogatari, and coincidentally Kanbaru happens to know the exact words.

Nice on the pick up. I got the LN a few days ago myself. Refer to your thread for the picture.
    Last edited by Takatsuki; 12-14-2015 at 04:20 PM.