Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep

Hack Posting Etiquette

Here's a guide to use when you think that little thought in the back of your head, "Oh wow, this would be a great idea to post on the Unturned forums!"

Step One:
    ---
    Make sure what you're posting isn't already posted.

This section is just crawling with absolute copypasta hacks. Anytime someone releases something that edits the local file path, we get at least 3 other threads within the next day that will be the same exact hack, without credits simply because "I made it myself, even though I looked at the tutorial."

Step Two:
    ---
    Make sure what you post is coherent.

We've seen one too many threads on this section with incoherent jibberish in the replies, such as "how work" and "do i inject". Also we've seen some posts that even go as far as to ask "how do I use this" when there's a tutorial on how to use it and how it functions in the game in the description. Please don't do that.

Step Three:
    ---
    Don't beg for approval/don't beg for a new hack release.

This is the other part of the flood, where we see so many people begging and asking the hack authors to release a new hack on the daily. Sorry, but we simply either:
    A. Do not have the time
    B. Do not want to.
    and
    C. Asking for approval doesn't make the approval process faster because the minions don't see your messages begging for it, they approve it on their own time. Wait patiently, you have to wait a few hours before you can use it for weeks.
    It's that simple folks.

Step Four:
    ---
    Before posting, think about the logic behind your statement.

We've seen threads that are copypastas of other threads that edit the local game files such as the Bundles folder, that was a small epidemic of re-releases from the Tutorial.

A. We don't care, updates aren't needed. We've seen so many people try to re-upload this and take credit because they followed some of the most basic .dat editing tutorials around. Their excuse? "oh it needed an update". No, it doesn't. .dat files don't contain versions and they can't be "patched" by Nelson since it is client sided. Sure, he can create something that controls recoil and aim server-side, but then the Bundles folder would be useless, wouldn't it.

B. We see too many people flooding the comment section with "THANKS". Now, is it logical to spam the comments section with that, or is it just better to press the pretty little "Download and Thanks" button?

Step five:
    ---
    Don't post just for the sake of posting.

If you are going to make a post saying that a certain hack doesn't work anymore, then provide proof of your claim or else, your post will be deleted and you may be infracted for it.

Thanks for reading this.
    Last edited by Hunter; 04-22-2016 at 01:51 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hunter Jr. For This Useful Post:

Declared (12-22-2015),Hunter (04-22-2016),Jackilous (12-22-2015),Kr4ken (12-22-2015),sidro_18 (12-22-2015)