Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

How to wipe out religion?

Realising that the majority of people with religiosity "inherited" it from their parents during childhood is what some would argue makes religious people so hard to argue with. For example, if a parent says "don't touch the fire", a child won't. From a darwinian point of view, the trait of accepting a parents commands are advantageous. However, when a parent says "god is real"... well that leads on to my question.

To completely wipe out religion, what would it take? Currently one factor causing people to turn from atheists to religion is the heavy propoganda isis propose. Even then, supposing ISIS was wiped, would we then have to wipe out an entire generation of parents as their children are born to ensure the children aren't influenced? It's a crazy idea, and I'm sure the only thing that will wipe out religion is continued efforts to disprove it and time. It's interesting to think about.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    The true purpose of religious dogma, is to control people's beliefs, which in turn allows you to limit their thoughts, and thus their intelligence. If you look at statistics worldwide, the United States is one of the heaviest religious countries, where one in 6 admits to not having religious beliefs. This is interesting as it's one of the more targeted places for terrorist acts. Whereas the UK's population, 80% describe themselves as not being religious - and seems to be one of the least hit locations.

Would propaganda suddenly turn those who describe themselves as not being religious, into true believers, or would the threat of death (at gunpoint) turn them into believers? Until we are faced with this possibility, there is no real path to figure it out.

It is my belief that only propaganda would not instill belief, except unto those who are below average intelligence, as in the >90 percentile range of IQ.

Thanks
    Of all the religious people I've talked to and questioned, the most common answer to "Why do you believe?" is just the thought of safety and anything in an afterlife.

Prove there is nothing after death and most people would probably stop following religion.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Takatsuki For This Useful Post:

ToonLink (01-31-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Each and every religious view requires a bit of "faith" since not everything must have a tangible proof to exist.
    Whether Atheists, Muslims, Jews, Christians etc they can all be proven wrong by one question.
    [Vouched] Filehost l VPN l Music l Streaming l Gaming l Education l Security l Torrent l Others [All Accounts Shop]

Make sure to use an OMM for all your trades for a safer trade

Need an OMM? Just want to talk? VM/PM

~vertice

Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post

I look like an emo bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by x00u View Post
    Your moms so fat her ESP Box is in another dimension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post

Lol, man, I see why i cant get staff, cause people still hate me for no reason like you, Always rude to me.
    [/CENTER]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Why would you want to wipe out religion? That's some Hitler shit.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ferris Bueller For This Useful Post:

GerrysamHD (03-17-2016),Wolverine (01-31-2016)

Thanks
    I doubt religion would ever be wiped out completely, but with this being the information age, people will stop believing themselves (as I did). I was always skeptical since I was 10 or so.

ISIS has had no effect on religion on people around me whatsoever. If people believe in one religion, they see other religions as being false. Therefore, not making them re-think about their religion when it comes to ISIS or other extremists of Islam.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
    Why would you want to wipe out religion? That's some Hitler shit.
    isis /2short

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Religion is the organization of faith and beliefs. Religion is controlled by religious leaders, sometimes referred to as "The Church" for Catholics, and there are various other names for other Religions.

Sadly, most wars in the past 3000 years, were due to religious reasons. Some people like to point out that the Koran (Muslims) has some dark twisted shit in it, such as "Kill the Infidels (non-believers)" and yet, the Bible has the same twisted shit in it, including mentioning burning non-believers (aka Infidels) alive (book of Mathew). Religion is actually a belief plague passed on from parents to children. The Bible has over 100 commandments, but people choose to pick and choose which parts of the bible they follow. For example, not wearing wool and cotton (archaic, I know), is one of the commandments, but people choose not to follow this one.

My sister-in-law is a "devout" Catholic... She goes to church every Sunday, repents her sins. She is also an uncaring bitch. I have found overall that those who claim to be devout, aren't actually, and use their religion as a way to justify their treatment of others - usually poor. I wonder how many people who claim to be religious, have actually read their book of faith, and not just read the cliff notes, or let their preacher interpret it for them.

I do however have great respect for the current Pope, who is more open, and has stated that even though I am a non-believer, it doesn't mean I will end up in Hell. I don't really worry about this, as an Atheist I die. Where do I end up? Fuck if I know, no one has been truly dead and come back - no one can claim otherwise - not even the Christian's Jesus. Historical documents show that Jesus ate shrooms to be closer to "God". Does he believe in this shit people portray in the bible... did his followers? Or can we admit that psychedelic shrooms could make people believe miracles were happening?

FYI Hitler, was about controlling the people, and making the Jews out to be evil, and promoting the master race as blond hair, blue eyed - starting with Germans. Hitler was in fact Austrian (dark hair, brown eyes), and Blue Eyes are a genetic rarity, as its a recessive gene. Interestingly, Trump is portraying Muslims as evil, and generating a lot of hate - blaming them, much like Hitler did the Jews, for the evils in the country. It always starts out small, such as watching over the people "for security reasons", and then finding someone to blame. This is the start of a Fascist state.

Overall, I believe religion to be evil in its roots. Faith and Belief is ok, as long as one does not use this faith or belief to condemn those who do not believe nor to begin violence with it. You want to believe in a god? Feel free. But don't push it on others - and for the love of your brethren, don't organize it into Religion.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Round them all up and put them into ovens? Oh wait, someone already tried that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Wiping out religion is impossible. If we proved an afterlife wasn't real a new religion with some ridiculous ideas would form. ISIS don't stand for religion by the way. Just wolves in sheep skin making the actual religious people look bad.

Donator/Premium since May 2015
    Member of MPGH since March 2015

100 Posts [Done]
    300 Posts [Done]
    600 Posts [Done]
    1K. Posts [x]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Wiping out religion is essentially saying wiping out "belief". Just like you believe that there isn't a god, they believe that their is some version of a higher power.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by warpandas View Post
    Wiping out religion is essentially saying wiping out "belief". Just like you believe that there isn't a god, they believe that their is some version of a higher power.
    No, it would be wiping out the belief that a higher power does exist. Belief would still be there, but simply not for that subject.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    My entire family consists of ardent Hindus. Since I was young I was told to pray and believe in these Hindu gods. However, thanks to the Internet, by the time I was 8 I realised that it was all bullshit xD I think most modern children will be able to figure out for themselves what is real and what isn't.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitt View Post
    Religion is the organization of faith and beliefs. Religion is controlled by religious leaders, sometimes referred to as "The Church" for Catholics, and there are various other names for other Religions.

Sadly, most wars in the past 3000 years, were due to religious reasons. Some people like to point out that the Koran (Muslims) has some dark twisted shit in it, such as "Kill the Infidels (non-believers)" and yet, the Bible has the same twisted shit in it, including mentioning burning non-believers (aka Infidels) alive (book of Mathew). Religion is actually a belief plague passed on from parents to children. The Bible has over 100 commandments, but people choose to pick and choose which parts of the bible they follow. For example, not wearing wool and cotton (archaic, I know), is one of the commandments, but people choose not to follow this one.

My sister-in-law is a "devout" Catholic... She goes to church every Sunday, repents her sins. She is also an uncaring bitch. I have found overall that those who claim to be devout, aren't actually, and use their religion as a way to justify their treatment of others - usually poor. I wonder how many people who claim to be religious, have actually read their book of faith, and not just read the cliff notes, or let their preacher interpret it for them.

I do however have great respect for the current Pope, who is more open, and has stated that even though I am a non-believer, it doesn't mean I will end up in Hell. I don't really worry about this, as an Atheist I die. Where do I end up? Fuck if I know, no one has been truly dead and come back - no one can claim otherwise - not even the Christian's Jesus. Historical documents show that Jesus ate shrooms to be closer to "God". Does he believe in this shit people portray in the bible... did his followers? Or can we admit that psychedelic shrooms could make people believe miracles were happening?

FYI Hitler, was about controlling the people, and making the Jews out to be evil, and promoting the master race as blond hair, blue eyed - starting with Germans. Hitler was in fact Austrian (dark hair, brown eyes), and Blue Eyes are a genetic rarity, as its a recessive gene. Interestingly, Trump is portraying Muslims as evil, and generating a lot of hate - blaming them, much like Hitler did the Jews, for the evils in the country. It always starts out small, such as watching over the people "for security reasons", and then finding someone to blame. This is the start of a Fascist state.

Overall, I believe religion to be evil in its roots. Faith and Belief is ok, as long as one does not use this faith or belief to condemn those who do not believe nor to begin violence with it. You want to believe in a god? Feel free. But don't push it on others - and for the love of your brethren, don't organize it into Religion.
    Even the crusades were for control over land, can't blame religion.
    World war 2 and World war 1 the most destructive wars to ever occur weren't because of religion.
    Only time religion is bad is when its brought into politics. In politics you blame the party in charge, if its a muslim state you'll blame the religion.

Thanks
    It's never going to be possible to 'wipe out religion,' and by phrasing it like that it almost sounds like you're implying some sort of holocaust would be needed for that... The most surefire way to do it would just be to continue extending science education to higher and higher levels for public schools around the word.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast