Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

My phone is FUCKED, please help.

I'm not sure what has happened at all with my phone.
    Yesterday I was just sitting with it using chrome browsing around doing nothing in particular.
    Then after I had fallen asleep something had happened to it.

Waking up I see my phone has rebooted.
    Progressing I notice I lack almost EVERY SINGLE app I had on there, including messages and contacts.
    As if I didn't have them to begin with.

I know it hasn't factory reset, my background is still the same and I had ONE message left in my messages app.
    Which is how I realized all my contacts are gone.

Even the Google Play Services are gone, I don't have any browsers or even the play store.
    I'm at a loss and I'd prefer if I didn't have to do a factory reset or restore it, I'd like to try and get some of the information back.
    Such as my messages I had (Which I had in Signal, a 3rd Party Messaging app).

So, please help.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    It was Donald Trump. All the Mexican and Islamic apps, messages have been evicted from your phone. A (fire)wall has also been built between your phone and them.

Your Phone is Great Again!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Hmm really strange. Did you do the following?

Try to download google app package and see if your data shows up SINCE you didn't really delete anything and it hasn't factory reset?
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post
    Hmm really strange. Did you do the following?

Try to download google app package and see if your data shows up SINCE you didn't really delete anything and it hasn't factory reset?
    It hasn't factory reset it seems, if it did, then the background would have been different, and I wouldn't have had that one message left.
    I can't access the Google Play store, because it's not there, I also can't access any other of the still available apps that require the Google Play Services.
    The Android/Data folder wasn't visible while inside the phone, running it in TWRP I can see it, so technically it should still be there.
    I'm at a loss.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gray View Post
    It hasn't factory reset it seems, if it did, then the background would have been different, and I wouldn't have had that one message left.
    I can't access the Google Play store, because it's not there, I also can't access any other of the still available apps that require the Google Play Services.
    The Android/Data folder wasn't visible while inside the phone, running it in TWRP I can see it, so technically it should still be there.
    I'm at a loss.
    Are you sure it didn't corrupt on you?
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    maybe you looked at it a different way

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I'm at a loss.
    Is it a android phone?

If it is, there's a possibility you accidently downloaded a virus(yes there are virus's for phones).

CLICK TO BUY NOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    This is my first vouch, ever. Rapidgator account worked perfectly. Would buy in the future.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post

Is it a android phone?

If it is, there's a possibility you accidently downloaded a virus(yes there are virus's for phones).
    Yes, his phone had Play Store.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wan For This Useful Post:

Charion (03-18-2016),Smoke (03-17-2016),Gray (03-17-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    I'm not sure what has happened at all with my phone.
    Yesterday I was just sitting with it using chrome browsing around doing nothing in particular.
    Then after I had fallen asleep something had happened to it.

Waking up I see my phone has rebooted.
    Progressing I notice I lack almost EVERY SINGLE app I had on there, including messages and contacts.
    As if I didn't have them to begin with.

I know it hasn't factory reset, my background is still the same and I had ONE message left in my messages app.
    Which is how I realized all my contacts are gone.

Even the Google Play Services are gone, I don't have any browsers or even the play store.
    I'm at a loss and I'd prefer if I didn't have to do a factory reset or restore it, I'd like to try and get some of the information back.
    Such as my messages I had (Which I had in Signal, a 3rd Party Messaging app).

So, please help.
    If there is a virus on your phone, download an anti-virus, preferably Malwarebytes for Android , it removes malware and scans your entire phone

Thanks
    I'm at a loss.
    Have you tried both these options?

[X]
    Crossfire minion since 06-12-2011
    Minecraft minion since 06-20-2011
    Moderator since 08-17-2011
    Global Moderator since 09-10-2011
    Super User since 08-27-2012
    [X] [X] [X]

Thanks
    >slept with phone.

>phone overheats.

>phone corrupts because Of the heat.

>phone tries to save itself by turning itself off?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post

Are you sure it didn't corrupt on you?
    There wasn't any sort of certainties.
    But I've figured out that it has something to do with the android system itself, I've done some eliminating tests and concluded it had something to do with the signature verification in the phone, so maybe the internal memory at that location has fried due to the phone constantly overheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post

Is it a android phone?

Yes, it's an Android phone, it's a Samsung Galaxy S3, running Resurrection Remix right now, Android 6.0.1.
    If I did somehow accidentally download a virus, and it did bypass ESET mobile security, one would figure it'd stop happening.
    This is now the third time this has happened. Where could it have placed itself where it would survive several flashes and factory resets?
    I've given up on trying to get my information back, I just need to try and keep the phone alive until I can afford getting a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by brent1000 View Post
    If there is a virus on your phone, download an anti-virus, preferably Malwarebytes for Android , it removes malware and scans your entire phone
    Does MBAM have root capabilities enough to search the root directories and the hidden folders.
    I guess what I'm asking, does it have root permissions in it? I haven't run MBAM on any portable devices before.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Rapanzel View Post

Have you tried both these options?
    I've tried all of these, the problem are very erratic and come and goes whenever it pleases.
    I can't seem to figure out what causes the problem, all I know is where the problem lies, it's some sort of system problem with signature verifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaar View Post
    >slept with phone.

>phone overheats.

>phone corrupts because Of the heat.

>phone tries to save itself by turning itself off?
    It doesn't reach quite that high temperatures, it's going 50 - 60c at the most, to my knowledge the actual hardware starts becoming unstable around 70 - 90c.
    But it might be a factor.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Called iPhone mate. Try it

Thanks
    Take it to a data recovery place, the pros will get all your data back. Ask your mom to pay for it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Hey @Mr. Gray sadly i think there's no way to recover your data.. but for fix all your phone problem and prevent that it happen again.. go on the TWRP go on advenced wipe menu and erase all..

Then re-flash your Rom and the Gapps (google apps) then reboot the phone insert all your data your phone contacts, programs, whatsapp or whatever you use.. after that go on TWRP and do a Nandroid backup (backup of the entire system) it save your phone at the exactly state at the moment of backup..

So if you lost your data again you simply have to restore your Nandroid and your phone will be back at the exactly state of the backup: same background, same messages, same hour of the backup, same space on the disk, ecc..
    Last edited by K.A.R.M.A; 03-19-2016 at 02:47 AM.
    "If I helped you, then it'd be highly appreciated if you could rep comment me and/or press on the thanks button. "

"thanks to oc for sig"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast