Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

My Dad Is Drinking and Driving.

Hello MPGH,

Let me get this story started. I am honestly scared shitless right now. My father was supposed to go on a boating weekend, he went over and apparently drunk all Saturday afternoon and slept all day. He woke up early today, started drinking and yet again fell asleep. He was supposed to be home at around 5PM EST, It is now 9EST. He has been drinking and I am scared that he might get a DUI. He was fired from his last job because of this, and he was making quite a lot of money. He got a new job, has to work tomorrow, and I'm scared he might not even make it home. I'll most likely be living on the streets. If he ever gets home, can someone give me something to tell him so he can stop drinking. He does this EVERY FUCKING weekend. I am honestly so fed up with it. I am currently in school, and trying to pay off my student loans, so I don't want to rent a place to myself. My mom is crying and being emotional and can not handle it. Just please help me out MPGH.

EDIT: His phone is connected to his car and he will not answer. MPGH, my main focus is going through school so I can continue in life, should I live with a friend? At this point I am considering it greatly. He lives with his parents and they are hard on him, but he doesn't have to deal with bullshit like this.
    Last edited by Jester; 04-03-2016 at 07:22 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Honestly if its that bad and you guys are really worried get him help with his drinking issues.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiolest View Post
    Honestly if its that bad and you guys are really worried get him help with his drinking issues.
    He goes to AA, that doesn't help him. We've tried so many things. He even promised me he wouldn't drink.

EDIT: 10:28, Still not home.
    Last edited by Jester; 04-03-2016 at 08:28 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Honestly call the local authorities and make sure he is ok. I mean I don't know what to tell you. Also try to input a gps in his phone so you can keep track off where he is.
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    you and your mom should go somewhere else out the house.
    Last edited by Hova; 04-03-2016 at 09:11 PM.

Always be aware of impostors, ask for verification by having the person send you a message on MPGH.
    Please do not waste my time & your time with useless messages. These will be ignored and actions will be taken.

Make sure to read the MPGH Rules & each Section STICKY for extra information and rules that apply for that
    specific section.
    *Please confirm my Identity before any transaction* If you have any questions, please feel
    free to contact me using the links Below.Please make sure to SEARCH your question using the following link first
    |Search |
    Useful Links >> |MPGH Rules | Report A Scammer | How to MPGH | Market Place Rules |
    Contact Information >> | Private Message | Visitor Message |

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Is he home yet? If not just learn to be independent. Live without him

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hova View Post
    "1,000 thanks and my father said he would stop drinking and driving."
    That's kinda rude

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaar View Post

That's kinda rude
    whats rude is not hitting thanks :/

Always be aware of impostors, ask for verification by having the person send you a message on MPGH.
    Please do not waste my time & your time with useless messages. These will be ignored and actions will be taken.

Make sure to read the MPGH Rules & each Section STICKY for extra information and rules that apply for that
    specific section.
    *Please confirm my Identity before any transaction* If you have any questions, please feel
    free to contact me using the links Below.Please make sure to SEARCH your question using the following link first
    |Search |
    Useful Links >> |MPGH Rules | Report A Scammer | How to MPGH | Market Place Rules |
    Contact Information >> | Private Message | Visitor Message |

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    Hello MPGH,

Let me get this story started. I am honestly scared shitless right now. My father was supposed to go on a boating weekend, he went over and apparently drunk all Saturday afternoon and slept all day. He woke up early today, started drinking and yet again fell asleep. He was supposed to be home at around 5PM EST, It is now 9EST. He has been drinking and I am scared that he might get a DUI. He was fired from his last job because of this, and he was making quite a lot of money. He got a new job, has to work tomorrow, and I'm scared he might not even make it home. I'll most likely be living on the streets. If he ever gets home, can someone give me something to tell him so he can stop drinking. He does this EVERY FUCKING weekend. I am honestly so fed up with it. I am currently in school, and trying to pay off my student loans, so I don't want to rent a place to myself. My mom is crying and being emotional and can not handle it. Just please help me out MPGH.

EDIT: His phone is connected to his car and he will not answer. MPGH, my main focus is going through school so I can continue in life, should I live with a friend? At this point I am considering it greatly. He lives with his parents and they are hard on him, but he doesn't have to deal with bullshit like this.
    Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do for him directly. The only way an addict can quit his addiction is by understanding that he is addicted AND by having the will to actually stop. Addiction is hard to live and to accept. Because he is drinking and driving, you should probably call the cops. There's nothing much left to do at this point. It will be hard at first, but you guys will be better off that way. You might not want to do that, but the problem is now bigger than his addiction considering that he might kill or injure someone while driving.
    Last edited by Gab; 04-03-2016 at 09:16 PM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gab For This Useful Post:

artzyhswag (04-06-2016),Charion (04-04-2016),Eternity (04-03-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    OP what @Gab said is very true, even through he doesn't care about injuring himself, his behavior can get others into situation they don't want to be in. So try to do the best you can.
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hova View Post
    whats rude is not hitting thanks :/
    Why would i thank such an inconsiderate post?

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Guilt trip him. Tell him you're thinking about running away because of his drinking.
    If he doesn't change then move to a friends house.
    If he isn't willing to change for his son then he's not fit to be a father.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    I lost my Dad bez of drinking and smoking. I think you can do it. Try to make him understand the long term health issues related with drinking. You should do your best and keep trying. Never give up!! I lost my dad bez could do my part to stop him. God bless your family. Thanks

Thanks
    Call the police and hope, he doesn't kill himself or others.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    It sounds harsh but it's true, you need to call the police, imagine you don't, he drives drunk and hits a kid and kills him. His guilt would lead to depression and more drinking, then your guilt for not doing anything would manifest and could start you drinking also. It's a nasty slippery slope. ACT NOW!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast