Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

[Help] Choob needs some help...

I was taught some c and c++ in school, and thankfully i listened a bit , now i know some basic programming! The problem is, i used TurboC++ to write the code and compile it, now for some strange reason, it just wont start So im looking for an alternate compiler that would be very similar to turboc++.. Suggestions are welcome, and a pm with link is even more welcome

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Look up codeblocks or dev-c++ maybe? I think they are easy to use, how similar they are to turboc++ on the other hand I dunno. Just google and you will find link.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ctpsolo For This Useful Post:

ijbeed (01-25-2010),why06 (01-25-2010)

Sitting in my cave full of thoughts learning Asembly
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    if you whant some thing more proish get visual studio

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Magicman For This Useful Post:

ijbeed (01-25-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Im with ctpsolo. VS makes lil nubs go cry under their bed. ;(

... Haha am I right? Oh only me? well nvm. >_>

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    Im with ctpsolo. VS makes lil nubs go cry under their bed. ;(

... Haha am I right? Oh only me? well nvm. >_>
    I think you're right
    Seriously, VS only pissed me off. I don't see why I should use it since codeblocks offers me everything I need code-wise. Maybe I had bad luck but I just encountered lots of errors and problems with it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Main reason to use VC++ for gamehacking is because most games provide MSVC++ projects as SDK's.

I'm currently working making hacks for KumaWar(Source Engine <3), using the HL2 SDK(MSVC++ 2003 and 2005 project files)
    Ah we-a blaze the fyah, make it bun dem!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
    Main reason to use VC++ for gamehacking is because most games provide MSVC++ projects as SDK's.

I'm currently working making hacks for KumaWar(Source Engine <3), using the HL2 SDK(MSVC++ 2003 and 2005 project files)
    KumaWar? I played that game before. It twas my 1st FPS ;P but I didn't think it used source engine, I've never seen their games on steam.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Sitting in my cave full of thoughts learning Asembly
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    i luuuuuve visual studio becouse it looks so much more planed than dev-c++ or the others

Thanks
    Well, it depents, what you gonna make.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    KumaWar? I played that game before. It twas my 1st FPS ;P but I didn't think it used source engine, I've never seen their games on steam.
    It runs on the source engine, not on steam tho
    Ah we-a blaze the fyah, make it bun dem!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
    It runs on the source engine, not on steam tho
    Why do you always hack my favourite engines?

/ontopic:

If you're starting out, use Dev C++, because MSVC++ makes me cry under my bed.

The errors are pants-on-head retarded, and sometimes it's just plain confusing.

So yeah stick to the simple compiler: Dev C++.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    why do people hate VS so much?
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why most people seem bright until you hear them speak.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Brinuz View Post
    I personally don't hate it, but I dislike it because it gives stupid-ass errors, and when I started on C++ it seemed sorta confusing, whereas Dev C++ was very simple to use, and had no stupid errors.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    I used to hate it, but now I don't because I know what I'm doing and can fix most of my errors on my own, but when your trying to learn C++ and this IDE is throwing you error that require a bachelor degree in comp sci to understand and ur just starting out in C++ it can distract newbies from actually learning the language.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    I wonder the same. It seems the most straight forward to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast